You might be a geardo/gear queer if...

HaVoC

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.... you try to come up with ways to use tactical gear in your everyday life and not look stupid.

...you wonder if wearing Black BDU pants constitutes appropriate "working attire"

... You wear combat boots instead of black dress shoes and hope noone notices

... You secretly wish you had money to blow on 5.11 gear just to wear it to work

(I use a maxpedition proteus as my toolkit at work... Everyone thought I was stupid at first and now they all want one!!! Next up... 3day assault pack to replace laptop bag :D)

... You secretly wish you had money to blow on 5.11 gear just to wear it to work

I don't secretly do it; its our dress code!

If you leave all your family and drive for three days to move to a state where you know one person, to take a job dealing with gear...you might be a geardo.

They can have my original SWAT zip up 6" boots if they can pry them from my cold dead feet. Dress shoes my *albatross*.

...you wonder if wearing Black BDU pants constitutes appropriate "working attire"

They're not black BDU pants damnit.. It's TACTICAL KHAKI!!

.... you try to come up with ways to use tactical gear in your everyday life and not look stupid. 

Ive done that once :nosleep:

When you have a dedicated gear cupboard.....yes its true

Im thinking of doing that. Then again i dont think thats abnormal as i have so much gear and guns that when people look in my wardrobe at the moment, they dont seem to stay in the house long. :(

I'm not a geardo, but I'm surprised so many of you enjoy watching '24' for the reason that's it's so unrealistic!

I can't switch-off that little part of my brain when I watch it, the one that makes me bore my gf with comments like "Where are the Secret Service then?!" or "Actually, in event of nuclear attack, the President would board Air Force One and assume command there."

I've been officially told to "Shut up" :P

Also wearing Desert boots with jeans in the hope that you can pass them off as "Caterpillar" boots...

Using throat mic radios around the house....to tell someone to switch the oven off.....

I'm thinking of that...

Will it work?!

Works for me :D I do it all the time...I did wear them with shorts once....that didnt work hahah. The only problem is putting them off and taking them off, but that applies to boots in general. Also to clarify I mean wearing them with the jean sleeves OVER the boot and not tucked in "military" style haha.

Archived