You might be a geardo/gear queer if...

HaVoC

...when you a few mates calculate that a soldier wearing 95s a ripstop and an assualt vest can carry approx. 24 cans

...when on your way home from a skirmish a friend/partner tells you to take your gear off but you say' id rather not'

...when you go shopping and put it all in a bergan and drive off in an army 4 tonne truck ;)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a geardo, but I'm surprised so many of you enjoy watching '24' for the reason that's it's so unrealistic!

I can't switch-off that little part of my brain when I watch it, the one that makes me bore my gf with comments like "Where are the Secret Service then?!" or "Actually, in event of nuclear attack, the President would board Air Force One and assume command there."

I've been officially told to "Shut up" :P

I love 24 and im the same, but the strange thing is my gf joins in on the rants like, 'Why has Bauer walked past that AK with a full mag while infiltrating a base, but he is only carrying a pistol with no spare mags?!' I think my gf is geardo <_< ah well......

Or indeed a dedicated gear room......

You know what we are actually having an extension bulit so i think i may now have a chance of doing this :P

when you have to take a gun with you to hang out the washing (to provide sercurity OF COURSE!)

when you watch films just to laugh and point out mistakes

you start tucking your trousers into your boots to make sure they don't get caught on anything.

you chop your food with a KaBar knife

when..................

1: Your bedtime reading consists of Gear Catalogues

2: You know the entire product history of LBT's 1195 range of vests

3: You look down on BHI as for the "common people"

4: Your credit card statement is made up (in the majority) of payments to tac gear companies ;)

1 - Toilet reading... :unsure:

2 - Sadly not, I must read up on that :(

3 - Yep :lol:

4 - Yep...but it's not technically my card... :unsure:

Works for me  I do it all the time...I did wear them with shorts once....that didnt work hahah

Whaddaya mean it don't work? Check out this sexy beast, my teammate Jayro

109_0991-vi.jpg

Sorry, but that's not an airsoft gun. That is an SOE Lightfighter Vest with the 40 Mike pockets, though.

Thats just camping, I use my CRKT 4" Desert Cruiser for EVERYTHING, eating soup, stew, chilli, brownies, marshmellows, hamburgers, and working on MY STICK.

Well I use my gerber for everything else. :) Which is why I want to replace it with a Benchmade Osborne 942S...

when..................

4: Your credit card statement is made up (in the majority) of payments to tac gear companies ;)

1.yes

2.noooo (maybe)

3.yes

4. um i refuse to answer on account eagle industries used it all up. well i used it up. but eagle industries had the stuff. and black hawk was just begging me. camelbak was shouting buy me. and Under Armor was saying mean thing about me not purchasing it.

You have $5000 worth of tactical nylon but you wear ripped jeans and no shirt.

You tried to sew PALS webbing onto your pants

yes

.... you try to come up with ways to use tactical gear in your everyday life and not look stupid. 

...you wonder if wearing Black BDU pants constitutes appropriate "working attire"

... You wear combat boots instead of black dress shoes and hope noone notices

yes

When you have a dedicated gear cupboard.....yes its true

yep

...if you use your shooting gloves as oven mitts, use your PASGT as bike helmet, and have an blood type ID strap on your jacket.

yeah

... when you have better gear than your country's real soldiers are issued.

... when you buy a separate pouch for your multi tool because the original canvas sheath isn't uniform with your other pouches.

uh-huh

When you tell your mate to get a 5:11 vest for fishing because they are cheaper, and have more pockets than his super duper £300 Hardy fly fishin vest

*nod*

..you use your LBE to transport beer & food to a buddies house for monday night football

yep

when..................

1 yes

2 no

3 yes

4 yes

You spend all night looking at camo on the internet instead of naked women.

yes :(

Whaddaya mean it don't work? Check out this sexy beast, my teammate Jayro

109_0991-vi.jpg

Sorry, but that's not an airsoft gun. That is an SOE Lightfighter Vest with the 40 Mike pockets, though.

haha well if you have some sort of firearm then I guess it will look ok....but if your just walking down the high street then it kinda looks weird haha

I have so much DPM in my room right now, I daren't think about another load-out. I was looking at replacing my Arctic smock because it's a bit faded now and doesn't quite match my trousers.

Doesn't matter that it's in perfectly good condition, with no buttons missing or rips, it just doesn't look new enough. Why would I need a new smock when I have 2 already? Why would I do this to myself?!

Also wearing Desert boots with jeans in the hope that you can pass them off as "Caterpillar" boots...

i actually do this :) tis my normal outfit for most things lately :P

you know youre a geardo when you contemplate having a rope installed from your wall so you can scale the side of your home to enter your room so that way you can use your, spanky new ball constricting harness!! (for anyone who does not know what they are ask havoc!! ^_^ )

when you have to take a gun with you to hang out the washing (to provide sercurity OF COURSE!)

Done it before when I was refilling our bird tables..

when you watch films just to laugh and point out mistakes

.Every .single .one

you start tucking your trousers into your boots to make sure they don't get caught on anything.

I do it for grouse beating, but It's a Ned thing...

...You're painted M4 w/M203 shows wear and tear from 2 tours of duty, yet hasn't seen a game yet

...You have a self-inflicted scar on your right cheek from a long-ago GI Joe impression

...Your full Metal and Wood AK-47 has never seen a battle, only because your blue and white striped t-shirt is still "in-transit"

...You get to work and realize that there are more than 3 M4 mags in your clothing

...You have 3rd Generation NVGs, and a curfue of 9pm.

...You have more than one M4 varient, and they all have dedicated loadouts to go with them.

...The concept of a MARPAT paintjob on an M733 makes you gag. Because of the inaccuracy, not the ugliness.

...You got the last joke

...Your neighbors all wonder why you haven't been sent to Iraq yet, as you are obvously special forces.

...You have a loadout that cost more than your car.

...You have no car, but you have a $3000 loadout. Not counting the NVGs.

...You have figured out how to actually find what you're looking for on WGC's gear section.

I have so much DPM in my room right now, I daren't think about another load-out. I was looking at replacing my Arctic smock because it's a bit faded now and doesn't quite match my trousers.

Doesn't matter that it's in perfectly good condition, with no buttons missing or rips, it just doesn't look new enough. Why would I need a new smock when I have 2 already? Why would I do this to myself?!

Why wouldn't you do it to yourself?? :P

Archived