Marui Mp7

cazboab

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my take on the MP7:

It will be an AEP. Looking at the battery in the display, it looks to be a 7.2v using "mini" (2/3A) cells. To me that means a standard aep mech, but with more mah to spit more bb's until a battery change. The battery also appears to have the aep style wireless connection.

I would then guess that they'll leave the aep mech configuration alone and use stick style mags. Hicaps in the stick plus fat bottom configuration as we've seen in the 18c.

To me that's what makes the most sense in terms of r&d and setting up production lines to manufacture the guns.

But...I'm not sure how well the 18c box would fit in a gun with a straight handle/magwell. It might need a new version that runs perpendicular to the barrel instead of the current 15* or 20* angle. Plus the unknown scorpion config. I'd assume the mag on it is going to be functional and not a dummy, so that would mean yet another mech version.

Somebody needs to get into their network and get their cad models. ;)

What are the bets that we'll finally manage to get our hands on TM MP7's in the UK.... The day after the ban goes through ;)

Seriously, I don't expect we'll have them in our market as I don't think many retailers will be enthusiastic about sales a few weeks before the deadline. And that's IF they complete it in time, which I seriously doubt. Still, very nice guns to marvel at. If by any way there's some over here in time, I'm having an MP7, TMP and Mac10. I'd probably prefer gas but I suppose electric wouldn't be half bad.

Here's my take on the MP7:

It will be an AEP.  Looking at the battery in the display, it looks to be a 7.2v using "mini" (2/3A) cells.  To me that means a standard aep mech, but with more mah to spit more bb's until a battery change.  The battery also appears to have the aep style wireless connection.

I would then guess that they'll leave the aep mech configuration alone and use stick style mags.  Hicaps in the stick plus fat bottom configuration as we've seen in the 18c.

To me that's what makes the most sense in terms of r&d and setting up production lines to manufacture the guns.

But...I'm not sure how well the 18c box would fit in a gun with a straight handle/magwell.  It might need a new version that runs perpendicular to the barrel instead of the current 15* or 20* angle.  Plus the unknown scorpion config.  I'd assume the mag on it is going to be functional and not a dummy, so that would mean yet another mech version.

Somebody needs to get into their network and get their cad models. ;)

I'm guessing that's where the re-alignment of the motor would come in. Each of the guns should have plenty of space to have it stored in the receiver rather than the vertical grip. According to the cut out picture I posted earlier (although I saw a better one before) the nozzle area is all that has to be realigned to fit different angles as the piston, motor and gears still work in the same fashion as in any other gearbox.

Edit:

PS. I'm hoping this will make them all have full sized magazines and a gearbox that can be better used for other customs (M1 Carbine or Sten?)

I am so glad that they decided to make the MP7A1 and not the PDW version. You gotta have the full size top rail. Not saying the the PDW ain't sexy though! I have been playing Lockdown like mad so I like both versions. I'm just hoping I will be able to get the holster for it... now that is a rarety!

Pain, you could always make your own lanyard?

Yah, I know <_< ...But that holster looks so horrorshow! As soon as I have the gun in my possesion I'll take a long look at it and think of something. Ooo or better yet, I will probably stop at my army/navy store some time soon and check out the Cyma spring version, so I can get a feel for the gun up close. Man o' man though, I am seriously in love with this gun its not even funny. I have been playing Rainbow Six: Lockdown non-stop since it came out and the MP7SD is my best friend :D

• 1 month later...

Archived