XM-8 with Smokey AG-36 Grenade Launcher

Sniper Mania 345

• 1 month later...

lol, it's a little more unusual, but I see where your coming from.

However, I don't think the AG36 is XM8 compatible (in airsoft versions) since the Star launcher has the G36 forend attached. If you look at XM8's with XM320's on they don't have the same setup. Instead the XM320 kinda clamps on to the sides of the XM8, which already has grooves on either side for this very reason. I don't think the launcher that goes on the XM8 is even refered to as the AG36 at all, the XM320 is an entirely different bit of kit, simply due to the way it attaches is different. If that makes any sense.

Reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:XM8wXM3...harpshooter.jpg

Therefore your project will not work.

Edit: if you really wanted to be creative, stick a Cmag on it. You could do that now. I'm sure TM will release an XM8 once it is in its final stage, but the real steel is still being tweaked so there's little point releasing an airsoft version, since there's a good chance it would fail to be a replica after a short time. If and when it is released and if there's an XM320 released, I think you should do this project (since no one in the UK will be able to). It's a gaming model by the looks of it but it gives you the gist of it:

lol, it's a little more unusual, but I see where your coming from.

However, I don't think the AG36 is XM8 compatible (in airsoft versions) since the Star launcher has the G36 forend attached. If you look at XM8's with XM320's on they don't have the same setup. Instead the XM320 kinda clamps on to the sides of the XM8, which already has grooves on either side for this very reason. I don't think the launcher that goes on the XM8 is even refered to as the AG36 at all, the XM320 is an entirely different bit of kit, simply due to the way it attaches is different. If that makes any sense.

Reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:XM8wXM3...harpshooter.jpg

Therefore your project will not work.

Edit: if you really wanted to be creative, stick a Cmag on it. You could do that now. I'm sure TM will release an XM8 once it is in its final stage, but the real steel is still being tweaked so there's little point releasing an airsoft version, since there's a good chance it would fail to be a replica after a short time. If and when it is released and if there's an XM320 released, I think you should do this project (since no one in the UK will be able to). It's a gaming model by the looks of it but it gives you the gist of it:

..the Smokey AG36 doesn't have the handguard. The STAR launcher wasn't mentioned in this thread.

Archived