OP: IRENE III, Zussman Urban Combat Facility

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well word is it may be at zussman again next year. the zussman staff loved us airsofters because we stroked thier ego's. normaly SF teams ie: delta, rangers, seals etc.... train there and we all know they have seriously large egos, and dont give the staff there and much deserved thanks. Us airsofters on the other hand dont get to experiance training sights like that often/ever, we absolutly loved the roleplayers townfolk/insurgents, the explosions, the buring buildings, RPG's flying by our heads. It just added so much more to an already kool place to play. we loved playing there, the staff loved having us there and i think john lu was pretty happy about everything too.

so to you fellow Airsofters across the pond, you may want to start planning now for Irene IV. if its at zussman again it'll be worth every penny.

C-02-03 here.

This is most of the guys from East Tennessee Airsoft (ETA) that went, minus Welbly.

post-4874-1128170959_thumb.jpg

I'm finding it hard to go back to playing at our woodland field in Oak Ridge. I miss the sounds of women and children screaming, RPG's whizzing through the air, APC's roaring down the streets, .50 cal blanks blasting, radio traffic blaring in my ear, and the Blackhawk Down soundtrack playing in the background. I gotta get me some more of that!! They absolutely pulled all the stops for this one. I'm still amazed that we were given the opportunity to play at that place. I'm already counting the days till Irene IV. :D

Edited by LawVol

No joke? Wow. Well surely there are some requirements to keep younger players out, right? Not trying to diss younger players (only 15 myself) but I think allowing younger people to play(especially in a cqb environment) could break a great event (not enough "brave" people to clear buildings, move down/across open streets, etc). Of course, it seems pretty apparent this was a great event, so who knows.

No joke?  Wow.  Well surely there are some requirements to keep younger players out, right?  Not trying to diss younger players (only 15 myself) but I think allowing younger people to play(especially in a cqb environment) could break a great event (not enough "brave" people to clear buildings, move down/across open streets, etc).  Of course, it seems pretty apparent this was a great event, so who knows.

You have to remember it's in kentucky, the event itself was three days long and the entry fee was $140. If you know or you happen to be a <insert age here> year old kid with a car, really trusting parents and $300 worth of money to blow to go play airsoft, then I guess you deserve to play at Irene. It's not about bravery either it's their mentality. I've seen grown *albatross* men afraid to go through a doorway, anyone can *beep* out bro, always remember that.

Edited by Blackfox

I was squad leader (Sgt) for Charlie 0102. This was the most amazing event I have ever been a part of. We played with the best airsofters from across the country. We even got to team up with our brothers on Team TAC again....love you Nextmayor.

We were assigned to 2nd PLT along with the fellas from BSTAB and Black Omega. I'm here to tell you, you can't go wrong with either of those teams by your side. Here are a few pics that I snapped along the way.

My team, E.C.H.O. Airsoft from Richmond, VA along with Col. Danny McKnight

OPI3023.jpg

My squad getting ready to enter the city Sunday morning

IreneIII032.jpg

Col. Danny McKnight

IreneIII023.jpg

My favorite picture that I took...RPG attack

IreneIII012.jpg

Me!

f0726395.jpg

My squad at the crash site

crashsite.jpg

Nextmayor, I'm glad to see you got one of the pistols too. It really is beautiful. It will find a home in a shadow box along with the OP challenge coin, patch, and my Sgt. stripes. I'll post pics when I have it done.

As for the age limit, i'm pretty sure it was 18 and up, but John Lu made a few exceptions after he personally interviewed candidates. All in all, this was an unforgetable experience, and I can't wait to get the DVD and to do it again next year.

SF teams ie: delta, rangers, seals etc.... train there and we all know they have seriously large egos, and dont give the staff there and much deserved thanks.

Funny, I deal with SF dang near every day, spent 10 years dealing with SEALs, and found them to be profoundly lacking in ego. They're training at that facility, not playing a game.

This was a really fun game. With some more work, next year will be even better. This was a first time event on a new field, with NPC's that hadn't been around airsoft before. They did an outstanding job at it; they were in character the whole time on the field. Great experience that can only get better.

thats because you work at LF man, you have something they want. I wasnt trying to be disrespectfull of any sf operators. My whole point is that the zussman staff is underapreaciated for what they do. they never get a"thank you for doing this" because the sf guys are traning and not playing a game. Where as we are just playing a game.

There's rumors floating around of a new John Lu event happening in Texas at Ft. Hood. Rumors -but possibility.

Irene IV will probably take place at Zuessman again, or so it looks like it.

And I won't be disapointed in going back there again :)

And the AE/WE Irene III pistols kick *albatross*... picked one up my self too :)