OP: IRENE III, Zussman Urban Combat Facility

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just south of Jacksonville in a city (I think) that just got its own name. I believe I now live in Fruit Cove, Florida.

Holy crap, I just realized how ...fruity the city name sounds. Oh boy...

Anywho, by the look of these pictures, Id say OP: IRENE III was AMAZING.

Edited by SgtBojangles

There has been some talk with the heads of some local teams about doing an op in Texas. Right now John is just testing the waters, but I hope he does it.

I was squad leader (Sgt) for Charlie 0102.  This was the most amazing event I have ever been a part of.  We played with the best airsofters from across the country.  We even got to team up with our brothers on Team TAC again....love you Nextmayor. 

Nextmayor, I'm glad to see you got one of the pistols too.  It really is beautiful.  It will find a home in a shadow box along with the OP challenge coin, patch, and my Sgt. stripes.  I'll post pics when I have it done.

Ahh, Popeye, I'm touched. :P JK, you know where TAC stands on the ECHO Rangers. Anytime, anywhere. Can't wait til the next time we hook up.

As for the pistol and other goodies, we're thinking alike, but the wifey is a little opposed to me hanging a shadow box in our living room. ;)

The site was incredible, the Disneyland of MilSim, but dang it was hot. Only 3 heat casualties for the whole weekend (nothing too serious)

The roleplayers were excellent and certainly added to the experience. Of course it was really nice when we bribed them to frag McKnight.

Funniest thing was the townspeople laughed about getting shot. Apparently they normally get shot with Simunition, so they found 400fps bbs "amusing".

Good event John, Good game Charlie, See you next year

Jon

3-2 D Co.

Here's an updated link to the helmet cam video THX posted. You can get it in a variety of flavors...

Windows Media Player WMV files - Available in 150kbps, 340kbps, 512kbps and 768kbps

Quicktime MOV files - Available in low, medium and high broadband settings

OP:Irene 3 BlackEagle Helmet Cam Video web page

Edited by Oscar-BlackEagle
Yup, and worth every bit of time, and money...

Seconded! Two full squads of players attended from California, many of whom were already friends of mine from the 20+ years I lived there. The rest are friends now. It was worth it if for no other reason than to hook up a member of TAG with members of Gorilla Pack, Regiment and AXF. That the AO was simply the most amazing place I've ever played-and I've been to some great Ops over the years-was just icing on the cake.

Delta got beaten pretty well, but winning or losing isn't why I went. Hooked up with some old friends, made some new ones, and had the experience of a lifetime. Best Western will never be the same, but I hope feverishly that we can go back there next year.

yep yep, the facility made the event and boy was it a doozy. worth every penny, great to hook up with old friends and made plenty of new ones on both companies. i just hope next year that it's held in october. it was damn hot during the weekend (altho the rain was quite soothing during sunday's scenario) but yeah, the pyrotechnics alone were worth it. seeing rpg rounds streak across a courtyard = da nizzle.

good game charlie, it was truly a great event.

kken

dco 2-4