OP: IRENE III, Zussman Urban Combat Facility

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were four different missions during the OP.

Three on Saturday, one on Sunday.

The "titles" of the missions are not official, I picked them to represent the main theme.

On Saturday:

1) Turf war, each building had points values associated with it. Each team was attempting to control the most points.

2) Life in the city, the winner of the first mission was rewarded with having to try to "run" the entire city. There were a number of different things that had to be accomplished by the ocupying force. An election, a religious service, a football (soccer) game, etc... All buildings still have point values. This was one tough mission (I was on Charlie company, so we were trying to run the city).

3) Beheading, this was a night mission with the sole objective being to find the enemy CO (McKnight or Mullen) and kill him.

4) Blackhawk down, probably the best airsoft "simulation" of this piece of history ever. A city crawling with armed natives who are out to get you, an actual helicopter wreck in a close courtyard surrounded by multi-story buildings, and a OP-For descending down on you. It was intense.

Many people stayed in hotels in the area, many people camped in a big field near the AO. It was a great time.

Mite of TAC

C,1,1

4 missions;

1) Real Estate Grab - capture and hold as many buildings as possible

2) Civil Affairs - Keep contol of the buildings you captured, plus hold an election, soccer game, and open commercial operations

3) Capture the enemy CO - night game

4) Huey Down - find the crash site, rescue the pilots, rangers, and secure tier 1 personalities.

There were two large companies going at it:

Delta - US Woodland BDU's - Lead by MSGT Mullen

Charlie - US Tri-Color or Chocolate Chip Desert BDU's, Lead by Col. McKnight

Those two companies totaled about 320 players.

On top of that, the US Army provided role players for the civilians. Futhermore, the "host" team (Op Force, KY, USA) provided what the organizer calls a Shadow Squad. Not to sure how many of them there were, but probably no more than 10-20 player.

Both the civilians and the Shadow Squad could either be friendly or hostile depending on how each force treated them.

I would just like to say that I go down to Ft. Knox (Zussman Urban Combat Traing Center) & help train, the week that this went on or weekend I had went to Montgomery AL where I was there helping the Red Cross so I couldn't be there, I enjoy going down there & helping the guys train, I'm back now for awhile but do plan on going back down South before long but I will try to get out there this week anyway. In the mean time everyone take care & help to see a lot of new faces out there. :D