G&G GR300 Review Lots

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That they did.  It always amuses me that it is ok to release several version to "get it right".  Why not "get it right" the first time?  Because they don't do the proper engineering and QC up front.

But thats the same with everything not gust Airguns.... even TM is on the V3 mech box. It's a positive sign that they are serious about the buisness.

But thats the same with everything not gust Airguns.... even TM is on the V3 mech box. It's a positive sign that they are serious about the buisness.

Um, no. From extensive engineering career interaction, I know the differences in development approach between cultures. Yes, they are serious about making AEGs. That is good, and their externals are excellent. They are improving which comes with a company getting more experience. Well-done. But it is the small details, not the overall product, that are telling about the development rigor practiced.

I didn't follow the Ver3 reference.

Well you could say by putting the buyer in the guinea pig, then sending the parts to rectify the problem for free, they are getting things done faster, although in a different way. They have come out with 2 completely new AEGs, one of which used an entire gearbox and they are relatively new in the market. Not saying it's the best idea, but it's certainly another approach to it.

Look at CA. They've been in the business for years and years and only relatively recently have they gotten their act 'together'. They still produce quite a few lemons and most of their designs are borrowed from existing technology.

ICS has been more innovative on their two piece gearbox designs and have had a bit more experience with their MP5 series, which also needed several design stages before the kinks were ultimately factored out. However, the relatively good quality has produced relatively few AEGs with only an MP5 and M16 line out and many questioning when their AK will be available.

In a perfect world, we'd have a perfect product with no bugs out in a relatively short amount of time, but even TM isn't able to do that and we are forced to wait months and perhaps years before something they make will be available.

Well the ML 5 position folding stock came to day and now my baby is transformed!

gr300ml8ry.jpg

gr300mlfolded7kh.jpg

puts a bit more weight to the back of the rifle but not so much that it makes it cumbersome...... infact it really adds to the balance of the weapon.

This is made by PRIME and fits perfectly on to the G&G GR300 with no modification needed.

Wow that looks really damn nice with that new prime stock!

I recently got a first version GR16A2 from UNcompany for $312 USD Shipped. It is working great so far but UNcompany has told me that G&G placed a recall on the gearboxes from these first generation versions so they are sending me a replacement one straight from G&G.

I hope the one in my gun lasts a while before I have to swap it but it sure is nice that they are sending a replacement before it has even broke.

The new 2005 G&Gs are supposed to be much better internally.

• 1 month later...
Wow that looks really damn nice with that new prime stock!

I recently got a first version GR16A2 from UNcompany for $312 USD Shipped. It is working great so far but UNcompany has told me that G&G placed a recall on the gearboxes from these first generation versions so they are sending me a replacement one straight from G&G.

I hope the one in my gun lasts a while before I have to swap it but it sure is nice that they are sending a replacement before it has even broke.

The new 2005 G&Gs are supposed to be much better internally.

Airsoft gearbox recalls?!?

I know that car companies are reluctant to have recalls since it sometimes isn't even cost-effective, and for an airsoft company to go ahead and do one is quite impressive. The fact that G&G is so serious, along with this thorough review has convinced me to grab myself a GR300.

Now I just have to justify buying two AEGs in a month...

Airsoft gearbox recalls?!?

I know that car companies are reluctant to have recalls since it sometimes isn't even cost-effective, and for an airsoft company to go ahead and do one is quite impressive. The fact that G&G is so serious, along with this thorough review has convinced me to grab myself a GR300.

Now I just have to justify buying two AEGs in a month...

Justify? The sheer fact that its an airsoft gun should justify it.

now would you guys suggest getting the g&g gr300 or this one

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1238

the one in the link has the ZM trade marks and the prime kit along with a g&p gearbox.

I would have picked that if it was available to me, but I went with the GR300. Both are great, but for no additional cost you get the right trades on the one from Airsoft GI.

If only shipping were cheaper!

I would have picked that if it was available to me, but I went with the GR300. Both are great, but for no additional cost you get the right trades on the one from Airsoft GI.

If only shipping were cheaper!

too bad there out of stock now or the deal is gone. that was a great deal. Maybe ill by another one of those new cheapo aim/well/utg m4's and do another slow upgrade when I'm done with this one.

Edit: heres another great deal, GR300 package deal very awesome

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/prod...sp?prodID=19152

Edited by Shroomalistic
too bad there out of stock now or the deal is gone.  that was a great deal.  Maybe ill by another one of those new cheapo aim/well/utg m4's and do another slow upgrade when I'm done with this one.

Edit:  heres another great deal,  GR300 package deal very awesome

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/prod...sp?prodID=19152

You can still buy the prime kit on its own and place a V3 Mech box into from a TM M4. But your looking at around $518.00 just for the kit and then the rest for the M4 unless your lucky enough to either have one laying around or can get a brocken one with intact gear box and internals. (What happened with my MP5)

So you might as well go for the G&G, to be honest I'm glad i did as this baby plays every week in all weather and I have had no problems as yet!

fareast...I want one so bad......and your reveiw is not helping my craivings.......but they are so exspensive...472 from redwolf......oh i want one.....quick some one gas my desert eagle mags....i must shoot....

fareast...I want one so bad......and your reveiw is not helping my craivings.......but they are so exspensive...472 from redwolf......oh i want one.....quick some one gas my desert eagle mags....i must shoot....

Im also working on attaching an M203 to it like the one below...(It's real Steal)

ZMGL.jpg