L85 A2

luninhk

I emailed star the other day, and they said that they were carrying out final tests on the blow-back unit. I asked them if it will be a complete gearbox or just the gerbox shell, but they ignored that part of the e-mail <_<

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I emailed star the other day, and they said that they were carrying out final tests on the blow-back unit. I asked them if it will be a complete gearbox or just the gerbox shell, but they ignored that part of the e-mail  <_<

Typical! I think they know there is a flaw in the gearbox design, I heartily recommend upgrading the STAR SA80 series to Fire Supports suggestion for £75.

I think its distgusting that an NEW airsoft gun needs it, but I feel the STAR gearbox isnt all that.

Having said that, I dont regret buying my STAR SA80 L85, just very let down by internal parts and some niggly cosmetics.

As an SA80 fan there just isnt enough competition out thre to make a more informed purchase decision.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I have now put about 8k rounds down my L85a2, only thing I did with it was put a M100 spring in it to bring it down to 348 fps. Hopup is working good, and I mostly get the guys I fire at. I might have been lucky, but I cant find any of the problems a lot of you are screaming about. And stop going on about the price...a full metal TM M4a1 RIS with 348 fps is not going to cost you a great deal less. Sure, they might want to give you an option on the guncase, as that alone brings the price up about 100 dollars, and not everyone needs one. But it is a good guncase.

Archived