L85 A2

luninhk

I'm posting for no real specific reason really, but on last nights UK showing of Battlestar Galactica, members of a human resistance team used various standard weaponary along which an SA80 was in clear sight!

Hopefully it will raise the SA80's profile a bit like Stargate's P90/Mp5/M249 Paras etc.

probably an episode immediately before the one where member of the human resistance suffers a weapon jam and gets eaten by an alien ;)

(course having never watched BSG Im wondering if people eating is one of the alien attributes)

stevie

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm posting for no real specific reason really, but on last nights UK showing of Battlestar Galactica, members of a human resistance team used various standard weaponary along which an SA80 was in clear sight!

Hopefully it will raise the SA80's profile a bit like Stargate's P90/Mp5/M249 Paras etc.

Its a darn shame that most Battle Star Galactica fans are confinded to their rooms and computer screens of their own free will.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is drifting a bit off topic so sorry in advance, I saw it to. There was such an array of weaponry, there was a couple of Scorpions (used by Starbuck) an Uzi and at least one UMP and various other guns and since the resistance were clad in whatever passed for cammo they could get there hands on, the first thing I though was that they looked like a bunch of first time airsofters! and that they don't stand a chance against the Cylons! :D

With the new Blow Back Action Conversion Kit For Star L85 Series coming soon from STAR, does that sway anyone to buy one now?

Does anyone have any concerns about fitting one? Battery drain or internal gearbox problems etc?

You can download the video of it being tested here: VIDEO (4.5Mb MPEG)

SAA_L85_Blow_Back_System_1_L.jpg

I just noticed this. The gun is still electric though so I reclon that the BBA kit is a bit of a gimmick.

Although its a clearly a gimmick, would it be enough to persuade anyone now buy one even at £420 plus the cost of the BBA kit?

I know few did open their L85 to get the cocking handle to extend back, now its seems this kit will do just that and add the BB action in the process.

Seems quite flash and cool to me....of course if my concerns above arent realised Im going to upgrade mine!

I'm gonna get this come what may. It may be very little in terms of effect, but it's better than nothing!

One thing though - if this kit ties in with the internals to be pushed and pulled back, surely you won't get access to the hop without playing silly burgers with the gun internals?

Rich::

I'm gonna get this come what may. It may be very little in terms of effect, but it's better than nothing!

One thing though - if this kit ties in with the internals to be pushed and pulled back, surely you won't get access to the hop without playing silly burgers with the gun internals?

Rich::

As far as I can tell it still allows full access to the HOP. Until STAR posts some more information on teh BBA kit, I'm not too sure how it fits onto/into the existing gun.

The real swine is, that I really want a L86 with a BBA kit aswell now! Its all dressing I know, but this is quite an interesting development in terms of Airsoft mechanics.

If only my M4 and MP5 did the same!

Also have you seen this?

SAA_L85_Cocking_Lever_1_L.jpg

Why anyone woudl want to make their SA80 an A1 version?!!! But its nice to see STAR giving SA80 owners lots of options.

Also While I'm at it, here's the NEW 130 Rounds Magazine For L85 / M16 Series - C Type

SAA_M16_MAG_130_C_1_L.jpg

With the new Blow Back Action Conversion Kit For Star L85 Series coming soon from STAR, does that sway anyone to buy one now?

Does anyone have any concerns about fitting one? Battery drain or internal gearbox  problems etc?

You can download the video of it being tested here: VIDEO (4.5Mb MPEG)

SAA_L85_Blow_Back_System_1_L.jpg

Wow! Who WOULDN'T want one!!!! That really IS very cool!

Cheers.

hiya guys, i know its lazy...but i dont have the time to go through the other 60ish pages in this topic!

I want one of the L85's, i live in Uk, so whats the best way to buy?

Japanese Online store, US online store...or a UK one?

Whats the cheapest method?

We all have had to good try to get the best price via HK, US, Japan etc, but after you add customs VAT and duty etc plus teh rate of exchange has dropped from 1.9 to 1.7 its made the price slightly worse from an import point of view.

IF your in the UK, best to keep to Zero One. Best price and far less hassle.

Because some people prefer the look of the older cocking handle (myself included)

I think its great that STAR are catering for all SA80 fans, although I prefer the look and tehe more comfortable A2 cocking handle, its nice to see optional upgrade (or shoudl that be downgrade? lol) parts coming through for the series.

I say well done to STAR!

cheers mate :) think i will try Z1, it comes downgraded to? so i dont have to worry about all that? what FPS does it shoot (or meant to shoot) after downgrading?

Straight out the box, its fps is more than it should be! So to be legal, you need to downgrade it to a SYSTEMA M100 1J spring.

If your not going to skirmish with it, and just plink a few cans at the end of ya garden, then the downgrade isnt really necessary.

Needless to say, the gun without a downgrade is illegal. Pay the extra £20 or whatever it is and then you dont have to worry about it.

Archived