L85 A2

luninhk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I ordred my L85 at WGC and I have over 3000 BBs through so far. No problems at all! I cannot understand people who aren't impressed of it. The other Swiss guy I know who also owned a L85 has also had no troubles with his 85 so far, just the hop-up buggered but I think he figured out to fix it.

To the FPS, I don't know how high they are exactly but the Standart-Spring installed is slightly stronger than a Systema M120 O.T. wire. I just did a comparison which was very easy due to the quick springchange system. To the Gearbox, if you use a spring performing 330FPS then in my oppinion you cannot break this gearbox. Even with the standart-spring this gearbox will last as long as a usual metal gearbox or even longer. sometimes plastic takes such stress even better than metal!

Accuracy is also very good with the standart barrel. I was able to hit a icicle of 10cm and a little thicker than my thumb at 10m 2 of 3 times

Mine started to struggle after about 500 rounds, packed in completely after 750. It now has a Marui motor, same as a fair few other people. I've also changed the hop rubber as the stock part seemed pretty ineffective unless turned full-on.

It's difficult to tell how many fail as a percentage of how many are sold...when I spoke to Z-1 at the time they said they'd sold about 100 and had 3 returned, but other retailers are a lot more disparaging. I've seen a lot of posts over on UKAN from people with dead L85's, but then again people rarely post to say their gun works perfectly (I can think of one of two exceptions :) ).

All in all, I'd warn anyone thinking of buying one that the chances of 'teething problems' seems to be greater than A.N. Other AEG, so buy from someone with a decent warranty and a reasonable mindset; you don't want to have to resort to quoting consumer law to people if they refuse to repair a dead gun after a fortnight.

Going by my own personal experience, I can't recommend Z-1 highly enough in this respect.

Well I ordred my L85 at WGC and I have over 3000 BBs through so far. No problems at all! I cannot understand people who aren't impressed of it. The other Swiss guy I know who also owned a L85 has also had no troubles with his 85 so far, just the hop-up buggered but I think he figured out to fix it.

To the FPS, I don't know how high they are exactly but the Standart-Spring installed is slightly stronger than a Systema M120 O.T. wire. I just did a comparison which was very easy due to the quick springchange system. To the Gearbox, if you use a spring performing 330FPS then in my oppinion you cannot break this gearbox. Even with the standart-spring this gearbox will last as long as a usual metal gearbox or even longer. sometimes plastic takes such stress even better than metal!

Accuracy is also very good with the standart barrel. I was able to hit a icicle of 10cm and a little thicker than my thumb  at 10m 2 of 3 times

Well, for the price, I'd expect the gun to fix me when I'm not working.

I reckon that's why people are irate.

Well, for the price, I'd expect the gun to fix me when I'm not working.

I reckon that's why people are irate.

except a lot of folks were irate at the price before the gun even went out the door for any issues with lemons to surface. In many cases the lemons just give them reason to remain irate

compared with a guarder AK kit its not too badly priced and at least gives you a gearbox and set of internals of sorts to try it out with before reaching for a motor hop unit or piston etc :)

except a lot of folks were irate at the price before the gun even went out the door for any issues with lemons to surface. In many cases the lemons just give them reason to remain irate

The problem with any new gun coming to market, is that you always buy it without knowing its faults. Of course you can have some idea from its past products but normally we all buy in the hopes its gonna be the best thing since sliced bread.

With STAR's SA80 series, its no different.

I had my resevations, but at teh same time it was over powered by my desire to own a steel replica SA80.

The problem with any new gun coming to market, is that you always buy it without knowing its faults. Of course you can have some idea from its past products but normally we all buy in the hopes its gonna be the best thing since sliced bread.

With STAR's SA80 series, its no different.

Totally agree - almost every AEG seems to have a ruputation for being prone to one fault or another, some desevedly and some not.

What separates one manufacturer from another is how they deal with the problems once they surface. G&G turned out some shockers but were really proactive in sorting out design faults. Star don't seem to give a hoot...

Accuracy is also very good with the standart barrel. I was able to hit a icicle of 10cm and a little thicker than my thumb at 10m 2 of 3 times

The other Swiss guy is me. Do the patriotic way and buy an sa80, it's a great rifle.

Mines had about 20,000 rounds through it (skirmished at least once a week every week since the 9th of Jan) in the bitter cold and the soaking wet and it is fne. Once everything had been tightened then it was perfectly awesome.

I'm juts waiting for a SUSAT RDS to appear.....

I did have a little bit of a problem with mine at a game in Texas a few weeks back.

My rifle was only firing at 160 fps by the end of the day, but I think it was my battery dying rather than the rifle itself, at least I hope it was.

Nope, indeed it doesn't. If the battery is low it may lack the power to crank the spring all the way back and thus let a shot off, but in that case it just won't fire.

The power of the shot is generated by the piston flying forward under power of the spring, and all the battery does it crank it backwards BEFORE it's released.

I'm not sure what your problem is, sorry, but it's definately not your battery.

I've heard of some people getting TM gearboxes fitted am I not correct?

If you guys know what the best gearbox or motors I could get put in my L85 I'd really appreciate it, that way I can get Wolf Amouries on the phone and get it sorted.

Basicly I want my L85 to be as good and reliable as it possibly could, not worried about costs.

Thanks.

Would you say these are better or more reliable than the STAR gearbox? Is it a metal gearbox do you know?

I havent upgraded mine yet, teh reason why it maybe be prudent is if your SA80 L85 is playing up. If the gun is working 100% then leave it alone until IF it starts to go doolally.

You may also think about upgrading the gearbox if your considering the NEW Blow Back Kit.

Thats when I may upgrade mine when it needs to be opened up to fit the kit.

TM-PT-EG1000S.jpg

Archived