L85 A2

luninhk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here. I think I'll get the lmg version. As soon as I figure out what the hell the vert forgrip is doing so far back there. :unsure:

:Dr_Evil:

Your right hand goes on the tigger grip and your left on the coke bottle.. so you can shoot and move

and someone makes a RIS/RAS system for it.

You deserve a burning at the stake just for that comment :P

c) Makes the gun very leftie fobic [10% of us are lefties you know]

Darth

Its cocked with the left hand anyway :unsure: You put your left arm over the top and slap it back, then once its gone back you knock it forward with your left then return it to the coke grip... LOL ive been trained to use it

EDIT:managed to mispell coke as c*ck :(

...my heart just stopped.

I am american too, and (I will admit) I am strangely attracted to most armalites, but....80s?...I really don't know how to explain myself. Loved that gun ever since the first time I saw it.

I'm getting the 86 and the fullsize 85, and definatly SUSATs for them. Which to get first though???

And the foregrip in the back is to hold it when your firing prone (I know it's been said before, but maybe you were skimming or something). Don't think it would be good carrying it using that. It's like a more comfortable way of us americans putting our hand on top of our m249s,m60s, and other lmgs

I could care less about a plastic gearbox, as long as its good plastic. It's on the inside, and if it works just as good or better than metal I don't mind, I actually like it if it makes the cost go down. Metal body-thank you very much STAR.

EDIT: Oh, um....sorry fullsize CA rifle, I'll come back for you eventually :unsure: .

...utg rifle...marui mp7...star 80s...the list goes on........better start looking for my tokens :unsure:

Same here. I think I'll get the lmg version. As soon as I figure out what the hell the vert forgrip is doing so far back there. :unsure:

You know how people put their hand over the back of the M60 when they fire it with the Bi-pod out?

Try that with the L86 LSW and you'll need new finger tips. The bolt carrier travels too far back so it'll clip your fingers. Hence why the vert grip was added :)

I swear, this is going to be te next Armalite...

However, I'm pretty sure there will be tons of mods and accessories, again, I hope for a RIS/RAS kit.

The mag on the L85a2, looks non armalite towards the bottom. And even though they look alike to the Armalite mags, the shape is a bit different, it doesnt have that curve on the back.

You know how people put their hand over the back of the M60 when they fire it with the Bi-pod out?

Try that with the L86 LSW and you'll need new finger tips. The bolt carrier travels too far back so it'll clip your fingers. Hence why the vert grip was added :)

Thank you. That was the best awanser so far. Not just beacuse it looks good, or its comfy. I shoulda figured out I guess. But +1 to you.

Uh oh...turns out the L85A2 is the FIRST to come out:

translated text from STARAIRSOFT.jp:

STAR edition 5.56 アサルトライフルシリーズ appears promptly. Feature L85 (SA80) is first. From the actual gun real measurement it does appearance verification with your eye.

Details release the next few days.

* The next few days sale schedule & standard retail price open price

Makes the gun very leftie fobic [10% of us are lefties you know

I reckon it's more than that. Anyway, the odds are against us, and we live in a democracy. A democracy means majority rule. Whether it be 9 out of 10 people left-handers or 3 out of 10, it's still a smaller proportion than those that the gun was designed for. And it's not like asking a wheelchair user to hop on the escalator is it? Just swap arms.

As for the L86 grip at the rear; blah blah blah blah. It was put there for a reason. If you don't like it, then unscrew it and shove it somewhere else. If later, you decide it was more useful where it was, then discreetly re-attach it and pretend like it never happened.

Provided STAR doesn't put out a piece of junk, I've got to say I'm really impressed. Release a gun and plenty of variants and a proper necessary accessory for it and do it at once. That's great. I've harbored a secret L85 fetish for years and this is wonderful news.

Since my AKS74U project is probably permanently stalled and there's still no AK74 on the market, I started to put in an order for a G&G GR300 the other day when I decided mid-order to check Arnies. Maybe my Spidey-senses were tingling or something. Closed out the Redwolf shopping cart. Monk-ster's getting an L86 and either an L85A2 or maybe one of those L85 AFVs. Heck, I want them all.

Giddy. That's the word.

Archived