L85 A2

luninhk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the AFV a real gun? I thought I saw a piccie of a RS one, but it might have been the HFC springer version...

Me want it. Want it now.

The AFV is based on an actual SA80 variant that has or is about to enter service with the British Army. The longer "carbine" A2 version shown however does not exist in reality. There were a few experimental L85A1s in that format but they did not enter service and do not appear to have been produced in A2 form.

SA80 page Guns.ru

I swear, this is going to be te next Armalite...

However, I'm pretty sure there will be tons of mods and accessories, again, I hope for a RIS/RAS kit.

The mag on the L85a2, looks non armalite towards the bottom. And even though they look alike to the Armalite mags, the shape is a bit different, it doesnt have that curve on the back.

Why would you desecrate such a precious gun with ris/ras the real gun does not have one and has no option for any so it is stupid to put one on.

Also apart from an unofficial suppressor and the susat there is nothing else ever put on it apart from comletely custom upgrades like bolting on rails and such.

The mag for the l85 is diffrent because that is the british one. However the real gun can fit armalite magazines in becasue the designers had a brain wave and decided to make the magazine tops similar so it can use both L85 magazines and the traditional armalite magazines. So of course they are different.

Cheers

Pariah :sheep:

However the real gun can fit armalite magazines in becasue the designers had a brain wave and decided to make the magazine tops similar so it can use both L85 magazines and the traditional armalite magazines.  Pariah :sheep:

More correctly NATO had the bright idea. The M16 magazine interface was agreed upon as part of a STANAG (Standardization Agreement). Therefore all rifles taken into service by NATO member countries as their principal battle rifles conform to this STANAG. While I was in the TA the L85/86A1 was still the only version in existance and the original Radway Green manufactured issue magazine were not that great. A few members of my unit had privately purchased Colt M16 magazines as they were a fair bit tougher. The new issue mags as redesigned by HK are far better than the old ones and still totally M16/ NATO STANAG compatible.

I think Star would have to be rather daft to make the interface any different to the existing TM M16 style.

Am I blind or there was no discussion about the stripping of the gun? Like real striping or Academy style shells. Any idea? If it was real stripping then it would be good if they sold top receivers separately. This way you can buy an L85 and an L86 top receiver and only one bottom receiver. I think you could save some money on that.

Now im moist, it takes m16 mags and even comes with the multi tool and the attention to detail is just fantastic, im soo excited by this, it'll probably be the last airsoft gun i ever get the chance to buy (VCR bill) and what a gun to finish on. Kudos to Star for their research rather than turning out some half backed P.O.S :D

SAA_L85_2_L.jpg

I hope they spell "Enfield" properly when they do the trade's on the gun.

Lol just noticed that. I hope they have it right on the gun as well :huh:

Im with you there Grimesy, I'll be getting the Rifle and then hopefully star will make an AG36 for it too, oh and the Susat too, goes without saying really

Definately have to get the SUSAT for it, rarely see them used without.

The AFV is based on an actual SA80 variant that has or is about to enter service with the British Army. The longer "carbine" A2 version shown however does not exist in reality. There were a few experimental L85A1s in that format but they did not enter service and do not appear to have been produced in A2 form.

SA80 page Guns.ru

the longer version of the carbine has had prototypes made of it and is about to go into service for tankys, the AFV i belive was the first idea, but was not accepted.

Archived