ICS AK74

Hissing_Sid

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got some info of the new ak, it´s ccoming from an store in Sweden they will start selling them January 21st.

In the box there are some things included as standard, here they come.

2mags

1000bbs in a bottle, maybe their new bbs.

And an mount base :D, veery good if you want scopes or dots up and going the first day.

Instruction manual and a catalog.

Everything is standard in every box fore this new ak, from ICS

Hope you liked the news cheers. :D

Thye already sell bb's in bottles of 1000/2000....

Probably but these are included in the box with the "ak", if they do so with other models i don´t know.

Alexjenko , do you know what size the mags are and the any indication of price

The size of the mags i don´t know neither the price, the store haven´t got information on that themselves, yet.

BARsrule2, do you happen to work at an airsoft shop or field? I would be more inclined to regard your observations on ICS failure rates if you have the broad and in-depth experience that comes from seeing airsoft guns come in for repair (such as at a shop).

No, I do not work at an airsoft store. However, I am on hand a lot of the time when the two "techies" at my field do work on guns. One of them swear by TM, the other on TM and also CA.

Neither of them trust ICS, and neither do any of the people at my field who have either handled them or worked on them. The only ICS gun I would ever buy would be one of their MP5s, even then an "AE" or w/e it's called. Also, after myself comparing internals from my own guns, both systema/guarder internals, and stock CA internals, I can say that the ICS internals are of decent quality... however problems still seem to happen.

Also, take a look at any of the california forums... when the ICS M4s first came out, a lot of people bought them. They IMMEDIATELY started having problems with the gearbox. People continued to buy them until a few months before this post, at least the posters (a lot of them). They still had problems.

The metal recievers of the ICS M4 are also complete suck. Disgusting color, and horrible durability.

I know some people have ICS guns that have never failed. ICS guns can be great. But I don't trust them, at all. It may be more of a problem over here, as I am aware that a lot of people in the UK have ICS M4s and they work fine. All the ones I have encountered either barely work and have a lot of down time, or just suck.

^ Yeah, those would be the Version ones there, buddy. Every try CA's first attempt at a M4?

... when the ICS M4s first came out, a lot of people bought them. They IMMEDIATELY started having problems with the gearbox. People continued to buy them until a few months before this post, at least the posters (a lot of them). They still had problems.

When did the V2 ICSs come out? I really do have an open mind :D

No, I do not work at an airsoft store. However, I am on hand a lot of the time when the two "techies" at my field do work on guns. One of them swear by TM, the other on TM and also CA.

BARsrule2, thanks for qualifying your previous comments. Arnie's forums attracts a variety of airsofters with differing experiences, and sometimes it's hard to sort the better comments from the 'talk'.

Since ICS scrapped the split gearbox design, and delayed shipment for nearly a year, hopefully it's an indicator of better quality control processes.

------------------------------------

Side note, the promotional pics show a black gearbox... anyone know what that is and if it makes a difference?

BARsrule2, thanks for qualifying your previous comments. Arnie's forums attracts a variety of airsofters with differing experiences, and sometimes it's hard to sort the better comments from the 'talk'.

Since ICS scrapped the split gearbox design, and delayed shipment for nearly a year, hopefully it's an indicator of better quality control processes.

------------------------------------

Side note, the promotional pics show a black gearbox... anyone know what that is and if it makes a difference?

Hopefully they do. I am all for an ICS gun if the quality control is upped... there are a few "oddball" ICS guns that I know of, one in my town, and a few on the SoCal website that have been working great, albeit with a little bit of work.

It's just like CA was, if ICS leanrs from their mistakes and shapes up their QC, then I'm all for it...

Ubar: When I said it was a rare Russian attempt to please everyone, I was refering to their developing of weapons for export in a variety of calibers, all based on one model.

As far as quality ICS were once pretty sketchy. They've gotten quite a bit better. People don't seem to hold the same issue against CA. CA wasn't always decent.

Wooo wooo woooo woooo!

The brand new ICS AK-74M is due to arrive within a week - boasting state-of-the-art AK technology, full metal body and reinforced internal parts. The package even includes two, yes two high-capacity magazines and a 1000rds speedloader. Keep tuned to the website for more information!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

ZEROONE HAVE THEM!

The brand new ICS AK-74M HAS NOW ARRIVED IN BULK - boasting state-of-the-art AK technology, full metal body and metal parts exactly replicated from the real one - and reinforced internal parts including metal bearings! The package even includes two, yes two high-capacity magazines (worth £50) and a 1000rds speedloader, and is quite possibly the best feeling ICS AEG out to date - we are all VERY impressed!

Keep tuned to the website for more information as this will appear later today to order (£249.99 - First 20 Customers get a free ICS AK T-Shirt!).

It's about on par with the CA and the G&G. It was a sample in a shop, so I didn't fire it. The shop owner didn't seem too impressed with it, he suggested to plan to put a new set of internals in down the road. That may just be from previous ICS use and not first-hand use of this particular model. I didn't see this so-called 1000 rd speed loader. I'm actually interested in it more than the gun. If it operates like the click loaders, but 10x the capacity, that would be a nice thing to have.

Archived