I skirmish at FireBall, I'll be there next weekend.

If you tell me what you want in terms of amount of words, number of pictures and the like I'll even write you a few decent articles...

And I'll pay for the drinks with a fifty. (payday tomorrow)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eh up xRx, you playing FB in July? (yes, I know its a few months ahead - but i'm on-call at work for the rest of this month and June - and i darent travel more than half an hour away from work)

Payday this friday? lucky you! - I have to wait till next week :(

Regarding articles, ping me an email to jay@ai-mag.com and i'll send the style sheet over to you.

Regards

Jay

Edited by QQexDERA
Eh up xRx, you playing FB in July? (yes, I know its a few months ahead - but i'm on-call at work for the rest of this month and June - and i darent travel more than half an hour away from work)

Payday this friday? lucky you! - I have to wait till next week :(

Regarding articles, ping me an email to jay@ai-mag.com and i'll send the style sheet over to you.

Regards

Jay

Sounds like my work :D

Yeah I'll be there in July. Evryone knows who I am LOL

• 3 months later...

id just like to add a huge thank you to AI, i was just looking for a good mag in WHsmiths and i saw AI... it looked like a pretty cool magazine and it got me hooked...

now 2 months on ive finally got my first gun (KJW glock G23) and airsoft rules!!

thanx for helping me get started guys :D

Edited by alastairthegreat
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just received Volume 4; Issue 3 through the post, as my Dad is a subscriber.

My. Word.

The punctuation is at a new low. I lost count of the basic language errors - and that was just in the Foreword. Come on guys, if you are going to big-up your new look and style, at least match it with substance. One can only assume that English is not the first language of the proof-readers (if there are any).

And 'Mr Multicam' in the 'Local Loadout' section...seriously, spend less on ''High-end'' gear and maybe think about investing into the Open University; retaking GCSE English. "Crye gear is selling for silly money these days, (superfluous capital letter) Yeah there are a lot of rip offs out there, but don't go there its (no apostrophe) gotta (how American Sir!) be real except (sic) no substitute (or a full stop)" - FFS! Seriously, how are we going to get adult literacy levels up in the UK if the only airsoft magazine in the country has grammer in it that is poorer than a Tokyo Marui instruction manual...Where was the brilliant 'French Letter'?

Please, turn on 'spellcheck' or 'grammer check' before printing off what has been a magazine I have often defended, always subscribe too and read from cover to cover.

The reviews, as usual, were good reading, as was the kicking I actually didn't expect the 'Ai-500' would receive from Ai.

Unless of course, the grammatical errors were deliberate after previous comments on airsoft forums. In which case, Sirs, I doff my cap to your satirical genius.

Edited by Dentonboy
  • 2 weeks later...

Yer its the August Issue, on the published issue i have its spelt correctly, but on their very own report of the Ai500 they start talking about theMOUT facility, they say MOUT once and every other use of the word is MOUNT. About 30 uses of the "we used the MOUNT facility on the second day" and "players wanted to use the MOUNT facility. Even then, as abbreviations should be in capital letters, they were in small letters.

Edited by SwatMP5man
  • 2 weeks later...

What puts me off AI is that the spelling and grammar are both terrible, far too much of the magazine is taken up by advertising, the letters section is naff and finally most of Paul Monaf's articles are lifted from wikipedia.

That said the magazine can be informative (Jay Kenton's technical articles, Mark Saxby's pistol reviews and Gadge's WW2 loadout guides.) and quite humourous (Frenchie's letter).

So in short...

• Paul Monaf please write your own stuff...
  • Tone down the advertising.
  • Give the content a once over before publishing to avoid any spelling mistakes.
  • Focus more on the game e.g. tactics, drills etc... I mean AI even have a serving Royal Marine contributing to the mag(Who is straight to the point when talking about tactical gear which I personally find brilliant.), I realise that Donnie T has covered tactics but I have found his instruction a bit vague at best.
I also bought an issue of Raider which struck me as being AI without the guns, so I won't be buying that again. :D

Oh and the local loadout guy in the latest issue..don't get me started <_<

FFS! Seriously, how are we going to get adult literacy levels up in the UK if the only airsoft magazine in the country has grammer in it that is poorer than a Tokyo Marui instruction manual...Where was the brilliant 'French Letter'?

Please, turn on 'spellcheck' or 'grammer check' before printing off what has been a magazine I have often defended, always subscribe too and read from cover to cover.

The reviews, as usual, were good reading, as was the kicking I actually didn't expect the 'Ai-500' would receive from Ai.

Unless of course, the grammatical errors were deliberate after previous comments on airsoft forums. In which case, Sirs, I doff my cap to your satirical genius.

ehem! ;)

Yes, that is the wrong word to spell incorrectly during a rant isn't it.

Still, it rather illustrates the beauty of a 'spellcheck' device (lacking in 'fast replies') whilst writing text...

Good job I am not a teacher of English (just animal science) or a magazine editor with international aspirations...

Mental note. Spell 'grammar' correctly before jumping on high horse.