.2 and .12 BB?

sonshadowcat

I was wondering if there was any real difference between the main BB sizes beside less power needed to move it( .12g) and perhaps less accuracy due to being lighter and more easily affected by the air( .12g again)?

If there isn't any REAL big difference, perhaps I should use .12g on my UTG 87 shotgun due to its grater fps.

http://www.unconventional-airsoft.com/info...ference-bbs.php

You might want to try searching this one next time before you get flamed.  It has probably been talked about before.

I assume he was asking about the differences in weights as in the title (since different diameter (6mm and 8mm) BBs are not compatible), not quality, (though usually .12g BBs are of less quality), so the above link was not the answer to the question, and please read others' questions before answer; otherwise, it's no better than posting without searching.

There were a few discussions on how the weight of BBs affect range. And the consensus most of us have reached from first order analysis and some experimental evidence was that for 1j energy, the .2g BB has greater initial muzzle velocity, but it also experiences higher air-resistance and decceleration, which cause its speed to drop faster than that of .25g BBs, and the .25g BBs actually will outrange the .2g BBs, and will be slightly less affected by wind.

All the analysis involved will apply similarly to a comparison between .12g and .2g BBs (but I haven't worked out the details, so don't quote me on that), so I'd recommend you get at least .2g BBs if you are serious about shooting them, and .25g BBs if you are willing to pay for the extra range and accuracy. Those .12g are good for casual plinking especially you don't want to spend too much.

Archived