Pics of your SMG's

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the same linked website:

The TEC-9 design was started in Sweden, when the Interdynamic AB company of Stockholm developed a relatively simple submachine gun. Since Sweden was a poor market for such product, a subsidiary company Interdynamic was established in Miami (Florida, USA), to market Interdynamic guns in USA. As the full-automatic weapons market in USA is very restrictive, the basic submachine gun was converted in semi-automatic only variant, apparently suitable for civilian US market.

So, it qualifies.

From the same linked website:

So, it qualifies.

Not exactly. If it STARTED as a SMG, but in the end it ultimately resulted in a Semi-Auto only SMG-shaped pistol thingamabob, then it's still a Semi-Auto Only SMG-shaped pistol thingamabob as that was the finalized product being sold on the market. Just because it can be illegaly modified into a Full-Auto SMG doesn't mean it's a SMG.

Is the classic one semi automatic only?

No it shoots semi and full auto on the classic. And apparently I was wrong

The Intratec TEC-9 is a blowback-operated, semi-automatic 9mm Parabellum caliber firearm, classified by BATF as a handgun

The TEC-9 was originally designed by Swedish company Interdynamic AB of Stockholm as the MP-9, a cheap submachinegun for military applications. Interdynamic was unable to drum up any interest among governments, and the MP-9 never entered production. Unwilling to give up on the design, Interdynamic set up a U.S. subsidiary to market a semiautomatic version to civilians. Owing to its submachinegun heritage, the original TEC-9, model KG-9, featured an open bolt design which made it relatively straightforward to illegally convert it to a fully automatic machinegun. Criminals soon discovered this fact and the TEC-9 became associated in the public mind with gang violence, especially drive-by shootings.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) responded in 1982 by forcing Interdynamic--now called Intratec--to convert it to a closed bolt design that is harder to make fully automatic. The closed-bolt model was designated KG-99 and marketed at first as TEC-9 and later the TEC-DC9. The fearsome reputation of the TEC-9 kept its popularity high among criminals even though few if any were able to convert the TEC-DC9 to full auto. Gun control advocates pushed for the TEC-DC9 to be outlawed, even though it was in reality little more than an oversized, inaccurate, and relatively unreliable pistol. The Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 banned manufacture of the TEC-DC9 by name, and forced Intratec to introduce a new model called the AB-10 (for "After Ban") that lacked a barrel shroud and threaded muzzle. A few years later, in 2001, Intratec went out of business and AB-10 production ceased.

More recently, the KG-9 variant has found some demand among collectors due to its increasing rarity, while a sustained fall in gang violence during the late 90s has caused criminals to seek out smaller, more concealable weapons. The gun originally sold for around $200 USD, but now sells for upwards of $1000 USD. The weapon was among those infamously used by Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold in the Columbine High School Massacre.

The TEC-9 is inherently inaccurate due to crude sights. It is unreliable unless full metal jacket bullets are used. It has been made with a threaded barrel for attachment of a suppressor, flash suppressor or barrel extension.

Taken from wikipedia

So apparently Intratec PLANNED to release a SMG but never did and released a pistol that was semi automatic but easily converted to full auto. Well guess that disqualifys my gun =/

GTA San Andreas lied to me lol.

Edited by PILMAN
  • 1 month later...

THiis thread gives me a chance to dust off photos of one of my favourite guns.

A M11A1 full metal with cobray barrell shroud and vertgrip.

mac_000.jpg

mac_0000.jpg

mac_005.jpg

mac_003.jpg

mac_001.jpg

also dust off these...

UMP_007.jpg

B1_004.jpg

B1_003.jpg

and PFC M11

B1_002.jpg

Edited by donnie

A gas, shell-ejecting MP-L? :blink: I never knew one existed, beautiful!

Also, where did you pick up that Cobray case? I'd love one for my M11 as well to help prevent more wear and tear on the paint from storage.

And, might as well post these over here as well. See my Uzi thread in the tech forum if you're interested in the inner workings of the V5 gearbox:

TMUzi1.jpg

TMUzi2.jpg