DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought i might as well add to this thread seeing as it's always been DPM all the way for me. I know! Apart from the blue drinking tube that is!

dave_lounging.jpg

Kit list:

*Trousers, temperate

*Shirt, temperate

*Smock, SAS

*Hat, Jungle, Special Forces (short brim!)

*Assault Vest, Arktis

and unlike Zagarol claims, NO! i'm not wearing DPM grundies! ;)

That pic is sweet, just looks awesome.. lol

*Hides in corner*

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm there? :)

And YES, it's not the most manly pose, but i was knackered after lumping that chuffing great cannon around for most of the day!

<that's my story and i'm sticking to it>

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm there? :)

And YES, it's not the most manly pose, but i was knackered after lumping that chuffing great cannon around for most of the day! 

<that's my story and i'm sticking to it>

I take it thats the TOP version then? As the STAR shouldnt be that much of a workout :lol::P

Ill get some pics of me in DPM and my CA M249 Mk1 as I know LJ loves the Mk1 especially :P

I take it thats the TOP version then? As the STAR shouldnt be that much of a workout :lol:  :P

Ill get some pics of me in DPM and my CA M249 Mk1 as I know LJ loves the Mk1 especially :P

Yup, the cannon is a TOP one and a very nice, yet chuffing heavy, beastie it is!

And as someone pointed out that is a bit of a catalogue pose!

humm, there's a whole new picture thread! hahahahaha

• 1 month later...

Here's my current loadout, still needs some work:

Hites loadout

(not had chance to pose outside or airsofting yet, will do soon)

Still to come:

Soldier 2000 gloves

ripstop trousers

body armour (no plates)

bowman headset

new shirt (as the one i have is a little small)

new ripstop jacket (as this one is too faded for my liking tongue.gif)

norweigen vest (tis cold, especially waiting for bus at 7:30 in the morning......in the middle of nowhere)

commando socks

commando beret

Edited by Hite

Heres a pic or two from when my team was fairly new. We are slowly working on getting a little more uniformity

55846763.jpg

Grid 18 - Oregon

56821747.jpg

Grid 18 pregame breifing

56821723.jpg

Grid 18 during break

67225630.jpg

Operation Enduring Horizon. My team was the host, so we played the role of the UN, moving teams from competition station to competition station.

67276011.jpg

Operation EH

67224969.jpg

A few piccies of me and my mate in our dpm gear at Ground Zero in August. Neither are attempts at Brit loadouts at the time, but hey. Slowly going more brit :P

GZme.jpg

GZben.jpg

GZmeben.jpg

And our early DPM influence on the rest of our squad

photonames.jpg

Edited by Nicoli
  • 2 weeks later...
1 Peaked Cap

Think you mean c*nt cap do't you mate.

F*cking hell boys, some of those berets need shaping. Here's how a beret should look.

gallery_1053_576_381748.jpg

I'll get you some good DPM pics Lance, just have to wait untill after Christmas when I get off leave.

Here's some old pics of my DPM, not all of it though :P Haven't got my assault vest, dessie boots, S95 gloves or a couple of other smocks in there. Or my M16A1 which I use with it too :P

Allgear2.jpg

Britwebbing1.jpg

CBAbergencamelbakM16andmk.jpg

Edited by Guest

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2743/img0295kh4.jpg

Not really authentic, but since it was in-game, I hope to be forgiven. Para smock, desert DPM trousers, Pro-boots, Wyvern PLCE, Top Minimi MK2 (With Mk1 stock)... A lot of stuff is missing in the picture, (my gloves for example, which would have been much appreciated during the game) and helmet, insignia, Bowman+PRR and so on.

Some people on this site seem to have the common misconception that PRR is Bowman.

Not having a dig, just letting you guys know that Bowman is a brand new system that only a couple of regiments have managed to get there hands on yet. My regiment has it and it confuses the *beep* out of me. Its some all singing, all dancing personal email system/little flip down screen doo-dad that covers you eye and relays information to you/tracking system that allows commanders to keep track of all their people via lap-top.

PRR is, for lack of a better term, a pile of dog *beep* radio that exists only to suck the life out of batteries quicker than it should, is unable to transmit more than 10ft in mild fog and generally ###### you off.

PRR/PRC-343

Bowman

Edited by BadAssTronaut
Some people on this site seem to have the common misconception that PRR is Bowman.

Not having a dig, just letting you guys know that Bowman is a brand new system that only a couple of regiments have managed to get there hands on yet. My regiment has it and it confuses the *beep* out of me. Its some all singing, all dancing personal email system/little flip down screen doo-dad that covers you eye and relays information to you/tracking system that allows commanders to keep track of all their people via lap-top.

PRR is, for lack of a better term, a pile of dog *beep* radio that exists only to suck the life out of batteries quicker than it should, is unable to transmit more than 10ft in mild fog and generally ###### you off.

PRR/PRC-343

Bowman

I've pointed out before that bowman and PRR are completely different but nobody seems to pay any attention.

The current section commander bowman is already being recalled BTW and being replaced by something about 1/2 the size it currently is with considerably less wiring (thank god)

the personal e-mail/data stuff is only really for use at coy and battalion level, with the PUDT/VUDT being used by coy signallers and CIS platoon etc.

Darkchild