DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool pics mates... I wish I could play here, I'm in what I've always considered the best country for airsoft in Europe (blame Arnie's for that) and I don't even have one of my toys here... I have my DPM jacket though :D

BTW, Grim and Gadge, what is the TA stuff you are talking about?

Jez, cool pics, just remove that patch ;) lol

Edited by Lord Blackgoat
To be pedantic, they're for a hydration bladder pouch, apparently.

I love that last picture - '203 and an L96 (close as damn it) :)

Sorry mate, not mine - deffo for daysack.

My vest is a prototype from the Infantry Trials and Development Unit (ITDU) my mate Lowey was assigned to.

I have the assault vest the army couldnt afford to buy.

It was trialled and loved by the lads but too expensive for the mod so they bought a cheaper version.

However Cpl Lowe kept his from the trials unit and passed it on to me when he left.

I used PLCE for 90 per cent of my time, a chest rig for about 5 per cent of it and the vest at the very very end of days.

Voila - avec sac du jour...

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

'scuse the laundry to the rear....

Edited by Gadge

@jez: You should modify your Boonie... shortend the brim and push it a little more to your head, don't make it look like a chef hat! ;)

@Gadge: The thing about the vest sounds interesting - possible to make some detailpics of that piece of gear?!

Btw: Ist the respirator the "famous" houseparty-disco model with illumination in the filter?! :D

Edited by Bill Hearst

I can try and take some pics of the vest, its not amazingly different from the issue one just a much better build quality, i think the internal pistol holster is a little better.

The ressie canister... hehe it just denotes a training filter and lets you know it shouldnt be used for operations, some are painted red some have reflective tape.

@gadge: About the pics: if the vest isn't much different to the issued... it's not necessary to make some pics... ;)

I thought there would be something interesting about the design, o.s. ... ;)

The tape: Sure, i know... but on the pic it lokks like some discolight...

@jez: alright, lost the item is another way to solve the problem with the shape... :D

Edited by Bill Hearst
@jez: You should modify your Boonie... shortend the brim and push it a little more to your head, don't make it look like a chef hat! ;)

Here is a picture of my friend (2lt) training somewhere in Africa a few months ago. Note the not shaped bush hat, it doesn't have to be shaped.

n511132675_30032_2758.jpg

Well, it doesn't have to be shaped... but its a lot more fierce looking when it is... ;)

I see so many pics of soliders who are too lazy to reshape their boonie...(that isn't meant in an offensive way) that always looks like old mens hats or a couple of chefs... not like boonies!

And you don't have to reshape them "professional" with a sewing machine, just put them on your head and push it down with your flat hand a few times - quite easy! :)

But i think that's a matter of which unit you're in or attached to... the fighting ones seemed to have reshaped them more often, the guys of the support elements often don't.

Nice pic by the way... got some more of them?!

Edited by Bill Hearst
Lol 400th hand PLCE is right i have the same ###### from our RTT until i pass my R7, Then its back to assault vests for me. Luckily i have had PLCE in the past and it only took me about 10 mins to get it to fit correctly only problem is the water bottles on the back instead of the right hip (i used to have my water bottle on the right hip) Also looks like you only have one ammo pouch. It was funny seeing all the other recruits with theres on all over the place lol. If i'm not pulling a guard duty at Warcop i think i'll probably get dogged to help the others fit theirs correctly.

Yeah just the one ammo pouch for us. IMO the RAF (Non-Raf Reg this is) are not trained enough for military life atall.

I'm never in my greens now, only time is when i re-new things like my CCS and do guard.

Yeah i have a griend in the Air Cadets loves his greens but hates the fact hes never in them. heres 2 more pics i managed to find from my R1 weekend

Photo15_12.jpg

We like flipping off the cameras. Again just before we had to start guard duty.

Photo20_7.jpg

Me on the left, Ranger on the right and Chloe under our protection in the middle. (look at the state of the hand me down PLCE we get from our RTT its terrible)

Grim

Boonie hats are that shape for a reason, to keep the sun out of your eyes and off your neck, to break up the shape of your head and to keep the worst of the rain out of your eyes.

A lot of my buddies cut them up to look more warry but in the process managed to stop them doing what they are supposed to do.

I fold the top into a more comfortable shape but I never cut the brim, if I wanted a hat with a smaller brim I'd wear a crow cap.

I keep forgetting to put pics up on here, I must get round to it.

Stunt