DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quick teaser - more will follow when i'm connected to the ftp server to get the other pics!

Hope you'll like it!

gambit_hansa_0467l05.jpg

The "black tape" on my cba is od tape with name, team, bloodtype and country on it. The rank isn't a real one - it's a selfmade with cheetahfur on it - just a little rock'n'roll on the field! ;)

I've only ever seen one painted L85 in Defence magazine or something and thought it looked pretty cool.

Looks a bit odd how you did it though. Doesn't look like paint or all over ...

Nice loadout anyway.

EDIT: eel one [COE] - What sight is on that L85? ACOG?

Edited by ColDaz

@ColDaz: Zink is right, it's DPM material with some "bothside-glue-tape" - i've senn it on some L85s in A-stan with the Royal Marines...

I personally prefer this method, cause i can remove the camo really quickly - not possible with a PJ! ;)

@SAimPoint Discuss: If you mean my pic: it's a SUSAT, if you mean the ones from the pics of the danish/german Pics - it's an aimpoint! :)

Edited by Bill Hearst

Not airsoft as such, but there is DPM present. One of the Griffins at West Mercian Wing Training Weekend. There was another Griffin kindly donated by RAF Shawbury and a Gazelle!

griffin1dr8.jpg

griffin2gf5.jpg

All we needed were a couple of door gunners and some NVA.

One of the Sailors who works for me is starting out. When he saw my SA80s, he decided to go British. Just got his DPM in today. We are going out next week, and I'm bringing the camera. Pics to follow.

Alright, 'ere are some new pics from the last operation:

In game - my team and me were the HQ on that operation, that's why i've got the handset (2nd radio was in the utility pouch) and my PMR+Bowman... ;)

bfg-para015s6rl.jpg

A little posing after the game...

bfg-para024r38.jpg

bfg-para010dru.jpg

bfg-para0114fz.jpg

bfg-para019g09.jpg

bfg-para012sek.jpg

pics are courtesy of: Hansa@theblackphoenix.org

Hope you'll like it! :)

Edited by Bill Hearst

Well, i bought it on ebay.co.uk - for about 5GBP including postage to germany! iAnd YES! - i "love" that writing too... ;)

But it would take some time til it fades... very solid print! <_<

Think i'll paint it black... or something like that!

But thanks for your praise! ;)

Edited by Bill Hearst

Well Spoons is Bravo Sections Support Gunner and also some how there section commander lol. He decided against shelling out for an M249 and went with an M4C15 then in the support role mounts his Cmag and a clips on a bipod lol.

Is any body going to Phoenix Woodland on Satuurday June 30th? If so see you there.

Grim

Question Ive been wondering and havent been sure where to put...so it may as well go here.

This is to the guys who wear DPM to work (so Army, RAF, Marines ect), when you airsoft do you wear your issue kit or do you purchase another set? I ask as Im sure I read somewhere that your not supposed to use issue for anything other than work.

Theres a thread on militaryphotos.net where someone is saying hes a memeber of some unit (Paras I think) and something struck me, his kit is too clean and new looking and most soldiers and the best airsoft loadouts have some pretty battered and faded kit (especially when it comes to webbing) one reason which shows that buying fairly cheap used DPM makes the best looking and cheapest loadouts.

Thats coming from someone who as of yet owns no DPM...however Im becoming a convert and getting a bit of National pride, may even invest in a STAR SA80 (the MP5 just wont do!lol)