DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

The fact the listing has "NSN 8405-99-902-4227" kinda gives it away...

Same item in a shop.

Looks like the temperate DPM one I've got (I think Gadge had one in an earlier picture aswell) plus the clips for a camelback and the little blank bit on the top left pouch.

To be honest it worries me these things are on the civilian market brand new when the lads in Iraq are walking round with temperate stuff :S

Or has this been replaced with the new MOLLE (or whatever attachement system it is) armour?

Edited by DazJW
The fact the listing has "NSN 8405-99-902-4227" kinda gives it away...

Same item in a shop.

Looks like the temperate DPM one I've got (I think Gadge had one in an earlier picture aswell) plus the clips for a camelback and the little blank bit on the top left pouch.

To be honest it worries me these things are on the civilian market brand new when the lads in Iraq are walking round with temperate stuff :S

Or has this been replaced with the new MOLLE (or whatever attachement system it is) armour?

All our soldiers currently serving in Iraq as far as I'm aware have access to Desert DPM assault vests like this, I think now if you see someone in temperate gear then it's probably personal choice kit.

And yeah stuff like this has been partly replaced by the Osprey Molle system, although some troops choose to wear an assault vest/webbing over the Osprey without any pouches on it.

As everyone has said I'm pretty certain this is genuine. There are a couple of desert DPM knockoff vests out there though. And there's still no official Desert DPM PLCE webbing.

Probs for Strike Force Btw :D Great company! :)

Different to mine in fact i'd be amazed if anyones is exaclty the same as mine as it was one of the initial trial runs sent to ITDU to be trialed before accepting it for service.

I have the one that was too expensive for the mod, the issue one is similar just not quite as nicely put together or as comfy.

Mine has quick release buckles closures not spanish ones.

When my mate gave me his the squadron he went left in 1RTR nearly lynched him as they were all after it.

I would you'll, look proper warry and not like you're out of some lame computer game :)

Seriously its been proven to be the best temperate/jungle cam pattern in trials over and over again, its why it hasn't changed much in 40 years.

Look at how many patterns the us have got through in the same time...

Erdl, Woodland, tigerstripes, acu not to mention variations for corps and services.

Whereas 2 flavours of DPM have done the army proud for a long time.

that's a good way of putting it. plus i can get my hands on a smock easier and cheaper in this typical british weather.

i have found a nice DPM plate carrier on CombatKit so i shall be getting my rig from those guys.

tomorrow ill order my DPM BDU, Boots, Gloves, Scarf and belt

my mom isnt going to be happy with the amount of camo ive gone through since i started, and that was since may

BUT I STILL WANT MORE CAMOZ!

that is the best thing about it.

I will make my multicam loadout when i have the money. but atm i cbf to wait for months for a plate carrier, and fork out £300 for it.

DPM is cheap and cheerful, not to mention it works here in the UK haha, and im not quite ready to follow the crowd quite yet.

not saying mutlicam don't work it does. (before i get hate mail)

AUG I'll be getting shortly, PLCE I haven't started looking for yet. The PLCE is supposed to be fazed out soon anyway, so I'm thinking about just using an OD MOLLE vest and going for a bit more of an Irish Merc look. Which would make sense, seeing as I'd be the only guy at the field with Irish DPM anyway.

A few from when I was in the RMP(v)

In order:

On exercise, somewhere up north (can't remember where, think it was Proteus)

Woken up on Exercise Log Leap '84, IIRC. The photographer was NOT kind enough to bring me a coffee :devil:

At the Duke Of York's reopening, 1995 IIRC. Note Shiney Boots (as an old instructor once said, Shiny Bots, Shiny Mind!)

Finally, one that many of you'll be drooling over... and we got to fire off four each :devil: We were backloading the remainder in favour of the LAW80, you see! :D

post-834-1184324114_thumb.jpg

post-834-1184324231_thumb.jpg

post-834-1184324250_thumb.jpg

post-834-1184324510_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redcap