DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Nicoli where were you camped? Was it near the very *albartroth* emd of the camp site near a single Turdis (portaloo). Opposites a green and a red car? Looks like your camp site was opposite ours.

Grim

Erm possibly....

we were Team F.E.A.R / GSO / F.E.A.R Belgium. So under the fear flag and belgium flag?

not far from the group of loo's in the back field.

Sleeves is really a lines thing.

On ops you can more or less get away with a lot more.

(look athe lads in afghanistan wearing shorts, t-shirts CBA, MkVis and sporting full beards...)

Mate of mine wore a polish army tac vest for his last tour of bos and nobody cared... he binned it before getting back to the UK though.

Might end up a weekend warrior at some point, provided I get around to going to the local centre :)

GZmeben-camp2.jpg

more GZ dpm

Be warned mate, no longer the drinking club it used to be, real danger of going on ops these days.

They sent a mate of mine to Iraq who i perosnally woudlnt have trusted to send down to the shops and expect him to find his way home.... :)

Ok a hench load of photos inc, sorry for the quality, taken with a camera phone balanced on a stack of dvds with a timer lol.

dsc00015dg1.jpg

dsc00019hr5.jpg

dsc00020yg0.jpg

dsc00024iv0.jpg

Just the gear -

dsc00018mu1.jpg

My woodland loadout is pritty much done now, just need things like S95 gloves and a smaller belt for my webbing, gunna start building my desert loadout next :D yaaay.

Edited cause they where waaaay too big.

Edited by Lipto
Ok a hench load of photos inc, sorry for the quality, taken with a camera phone balanced on a stack of dvds with a timer lol.

My woodland loadout is basiclly complete now, just need things like S95 gloves and a smaller belt for my webbing, gunna start building my desert loadout next :D yaaay.

misc12.jpg

If you're thin like i was you'll find puting a padded tab belt under the plce belt gives you a few more inches waist to put the pouches round to the side a bit more, you can get em for less than a tenner.

Also hurts your hips less diving down on full pouches.

But yeah good loadout.

Looks much more accurate when you cover the failry long hair up with your bush hat or lid. (i used to have chin length hair about a year ago but as i shaved the sides and back i could sweep it under my beret.)

Here's the team commanders of C/S 10 "Wolfpack" as we call ourselves, before a patrol into the city, about a month ago.

For those of you that dont know me, im the one on the right.

The guy kneeling in front is no longer with us.

brad.jpg

none of that poofy long hair with us!

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130
Here's the team commanders of C/S 10 "Wolfpack" as we call ourselves, before a patrol into the city, about a month ago.

For those of you that dont know me, im the one on the right.

The guy kneeling in front is no longer with us.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/darkchild131/brad.jpg

none of that poofy long hair with us!

Darkchild

You're the only guy in that picture who hasn't really over-loaded himself. What is your kit there though?

Sorry about your gunner mate.

(Also, post above me is 666 hahaha, \m/ )

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=rtrhkr.jpg

better pictures to come. This is my first kit in DPM, criticism is very welcome, especially from real troopers, because my way of dressing up is very german, i think.

Ok constructive critisism.

Overall very good!

Too much personal cam, you dont need that much, if you look in the last pic i posted, thats about right. Too much shines and is just an uneccesary ballache to wash off and doens tmake you blend in any better.

All the loose ends of webbingf straps on pouches should be rolled or folded and taped up

Other than that .. looking pretty good.

Edit: this is actually probably a better example of personal cam

cam1.jpg

in game: (note my slack drills with a pouch left undone...)

shootingtoday.jpg

and doing it for real...

DSC01240.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

Edited by Gadge

Stick to an ops vest.

Its much better than PLCE.

The only thing the ops vest doesnt have is your bayonet frog &ressie bag and

a ) you dont need it for airsoft

b ) Ressie bag should be kept seperate from your webbing anyway

c ) You can fit the bayonet frog on the rear adjustment straps fine.

(someones bound to argue about that but thats what they taught us at the dedicated NBC regiment at warminster, if its attached to your webbing you cant keep it with you at all times can you... simple...)

Edited by Gadge
A bit more "exotic" than a 100% British DPM: its cousin from Russian forces => the Kukla (smog pattern):

tenuesavril2007135clf7.jpg

tenuesavril2007120chk4.jpg

As you could see this BDU is quite similar. Don't you think so?

Is that a BEKAS 'smog' by SPLAV?

Yeah the 'drawings' (the real term for cam pattern design) are identical but the cut has no relation to uk kit.

Looking cool though, not sure about the beard... all looks more cuban than soviet like that.

Yes you are right, the cut is very different.

The beard was just added for the picture (!!!) but I assure you this gear and the pack is 100% russian (SPLAV).

I thought it was interesting to let you know that russians use to copy what is performing.

Edited by klh31