DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

8090 in trousers stands for the waist 80 to 90 cm.

In the jackets stands for example 9000 that would be your length 1.90 to 2.00 meters in height.

So split the numbers, and think logic :D

British DPM has little scattered dots all over in the print, the Dutch camo hasn't. Also are allmost all buttons on Dutch uniforms pushbuttons. That's the easiest way to recognize ;)

hahah thnx bassie ;) didn't knew that.

also remember the colour difference in dutch and UK DPM. dpm seems somewhat shiny, bright... dunno bright is the right word... yeah... dutch dpm is more flat-coloured to make it stand out a bit less and to even the overal brightness of the suit.

as bassie said true UK did had spots over them but as i recall, not anymore. only seen that on the older equipment. either way DPM rulz :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as much as i love snipers, i dont think i will ever be suited to the role. Well, not un-suitable, i just don't think i deserve to be one without the patience, time and skill it takes to become a good one. Obviously the most suitable option is the l85, and I must admit, I do love them. The main problem for me is price. from what i can tell, the best L85 to get is the STAR, but at a price of around 399 GBP, it's not exactly cheap. the FAL is a weapon I like a lot, and is affordable for me. However, this would mean going for a falklands loadout, with an older camo, meaning more expenditure. The M4 is that special forces look (correct me if wrong) which i must admit, i do like (too much ultimate force) But again, would this look silly with a standard squaddie loadout? is it worth going for an SAS smock? Going back to the m14, i was going to camo paint it, which i think i'm fooling myself will make it seem more suited to a brit loadout.

Could someone recommend me a good m4? And does anyone else have any comments?

Thanks a lot lads, this is definetely one of the most helpful and friendly communities that i have come across in a very long time!

According to a colleague of mine Signals were still using SLRs in the 2nd gulf war (1990-91), so you dont have to go back as far as the falklands.

not so sure on the chest rig...

and possibly (just a suggestion) but rack numbers on the rifles would look better...

R

The Chest Rig was only our "better-than-nuthin'-solution" cause the Assault Vest didn't arrived in time! But it's an good ol' artkis piece...

You're right about the Racknumbers - they'll follow soon (on Susat and Rifle)! ;)

Not bad lads, I would recommend some face camo though, you stand out a little.

Cheers

Rich

Well, you mean that "classy" scottish "blue-on-skin"? That's not my thing! :D

Edited by Bill Hearst

Hey all, Im back after my CIC. unfortunatly u took a tumble in the harbour area and injured my knee so they sent me home a day and a half early :(. But upon arriving home i had several packages waiting for me, my Osprey, some mag pouches for it and my MICH chinstrap. So i set about fitting my Osprey mounting the pouches and the camel back and the rank slide i picked up while at catterick, and yesterday i ordered some pouches from on patrol which arrived to day and i set about mounting. So with out futher a-do or to do lol heres a couple pics of it, and i will try and get some of me in it.

HPIM0217.jpg

HPIM0218.jpg

Grim

Ok all i finally got a few pics, gonna try and get some more while wearing my desert smock as well tomorrow. Theres probably a few areas i could make better so let me know if there is. (I think i could do with a dump pouch and maybe a pistol holster and i need to find out the sizes of the false plastic plates for body armour so i can fill the plate pouches)

With my A2

HPIM0219.jpg

HPIM0220.jpg

HPIM0221.jpg

And now with my MINIMI (I forgot to take the heat shield off the top, will remember tomorrow)

HPIM0222.jpg

HPIM0223.jpg

Grim

Edited by Grim
Hey all, Im back after my CIC. unfortunatly u took a tumble in the harbour area and injured my knee so they sent me home a day and a half early :(.

Grim

You're lucky i knew a lad who broke his foot at the end of the final exercise and he had to do it all again....

Thanks guys.

I totaly overlooked the Mk1 hand grips. Thanks Tallbloke.

I intend on getting a Mk1 Minimi by A&K in the not to distant future, and the new M240B(but im going to dress it up to make a GPMG), and as for my A2 carbine. lol well i would of left the original hand guard on it but the fact that i aquired the genuine A2 hand guard for free makes me enjoy leaving it on there, but also plan on a UGL for my A2.

I will try and get a few more picture today with my beret on and with the desert smock on as well

Cyber where do you skirmish. I will try and get my team to go as soon as our minibus becomes free (booked up over christmas unfortunatly so we have had to resort to the individual cars again :( .

Gadge your telling me lol, this is the 3rd time i have been there and been RTU'd, 1st dues to me ending up in hospital, 2nd on compasionate needs for the family and this time due to my knee, but the colour sergeant said he is more than willing to let me have 1 last try in march. I can only hope detachment allow me that chance.

Grim

Edited by Grim

ah bugger, sorry mate, i thought they had passed you.

Dont worry you'll be entitled to that wreathed bayonet on your no2s soon enough!

One of the reasons i left was because i trained on an injury so i wouldnt fail a course... had back problems for eight years now and finally had to have discetomy to fix it last week when my back muscles gave up trying to compensate for the prolapsed discs.

Edited by Gadge

Lol gah not the dreadded No2's i hate those things. I'm beginning to hate catterick alot more as well, we were housed in watchgill and had to get those which coaches to Vimy every day to get our rifles, it was so anyoing, I got to go to that army store in the garrison "John Bulls" spent £255 on kit for the field only to fall over and do my knee in. The weather was so bad aswell, it snowed when we were doing our final test on the range and every ones SUSAT missted up and we couldnt se anything at all. We were all preying for immediate deployment to a hot country lol.

Any ways guys i have to ge meet Scream from my team he has a disk with pictures from our last skirmish at rednal a month ago so im going to check em out and post a few on the in the field thread as well as a few of the lads in there DPMs on here.

Grim