DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

Well heres the Desert DPM vest

HPIM0231.jpg

HPIM0232.jpg

Stil waiting on the kestral. But might get my self a highlander forces 33 in desert DPM to compliment my desert set ups, i swear by my DPM forces 33 so a 1 in desert will make a nice edition i think.

Grim

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No thats not my number th vest is 2nd hand, altho my number does stat with 25. If you look on the green DPM pics my numbers on my helmet if you can read it lol along with my name, blood type, no pen (no penacillin).

Altho i am planning on some how scrubbing that marker off, not sure how yet desides a good ole soapy rag lol.

Grim

No thats not my number th vest is 2nd hand, altho my number does stat with 25. If you look on the green DPM pics my numbers on my helmet if you can read it lol along with my name, blood type, no pen (no penacillin).

Altho i am planning on some how scrubbing that marker off, not sure how yet desides a good ole soapy rag lol.

Grim

Bleach on that one spot maybe? Carpet cleaner perhaps. If it's done in permanent marker it's going to be tough. Fortunately being a desert kit there shouldn't be any problems if you bleach just that one spot. If you do find a way to do without any bleaching effects please let me know though as I have to do the same for my issued CBRN jacket.

Bleach on that one spot maybe? Carpet cleaner perhaps. If it's done in permanent marker it's going to be tough. Fortunately being a desert kit there shouldn't be any problems if you bleach just that one spot. If you do find a way to do without any bleaching effects please let me know though as I have to do the same for my issued CBRN jacket.

just cross it out several times and put your own details down, most kit gets reissued now as long as your details are on there some where it doesn't really matter.

just cross it out several times and put your own details down, most kit gets reissued now as long as your details are on there some where it doesn't really matter.

Unfortunately all the info that goes onto the panel on the CBRN jacket fills the whole thing, there's nowhere to write anything else.

Blood type on your helmet looks warry but its a bit balls really.

As a colleague pointed out, by the time you get to recieving whole blood the odds on your helmet or webbing being anywear near you are remote, much better on a bracelet or a small tattoo on the chest (its a bit ss i know but it isnt going to come off)

Grim

Cut a panel of beige cloth up, sew it over.

Copydex it if you're lazy or cant sew.

Gents, as you're all DPM wearers, could you let me know if this SAS smock is a genuine british army issue item?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DPM-Camo-SAS-Windpro...1QQcmdZViewItem

Usually im confident in ads, but i just thought that i would check i'm getting the real deal, and not a copy/fake. Whilst browsing listings i've noticed that some "SAS smocks" have elastic lined wool wrist sleeve type things, so i dont know which is the real deal and which isn't.

many thanks! :)

Gents, as you're all DPM wearers, could you let me know if this SAS smock is a genuine british army issue item?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DPM-Camo-SAS-Windpro...1QQcmdZViewItem

Usually im confident in ads, but i just thought that i would check i'm getting the real deal, and not a copy/fake. Whilst browsing listings i've noticed that some "SAS smocks" have elastic lined wool wrist sleeve type things, so i dont know which is the real deal and which isn't.

many thanks! :)

If it's from StrikeForceSupplies, it's almost certainly genuine. The fact that it says 'SMOCK COMBAT WINDPROOF, WOODLAND DP' on the label is also a fairly good sign it's real kit. Give Jasper a call on +44 (0)1373 834496 and ask him direct...

morpcat - Thanks a lot, i've been looking for an SAS smock at that price in my size for an age!

kizuna132 - http://www.qmstores.co.uk/gbu0-prodshow/WTPLCE.html I'm pretty sure thats a standard issue webbing set? Excuse me if i'm wrong, when i found it i nearly wet myself!

For all - To get my brit loadout really kicked off, i've ordered an s95 shirt and trousers, assault boots, and hopefully that SAS smock and webbing gear.

(also ordered a king arms FN FAL full stock, not exactly modern but i love the weapon and it fits somewhat!)

Pics to come on thursday :)