DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

For the li loadout, i know its only airsoft but a shave would make you look spot on, beards outside of a'stan always make brit loadouts look ropey.

If you dont have goatee my apologies just looked that way.

well to really see my beard, you need a close up pic:

02160014.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

l_6cd53846e8e93de71d267d7daf565521.jpg

l_7a1f46defa0ef911ba181629b93b29dc.jpg

l_9f04919cd72db0dcfaf30b5156d2c94f.jpg

l_7dacf90a9a467df76f4eabff1a623174.jpg

l_619eef3f2af8c7b1e284828c58d9d582.jpg

l_952fd4c746c5189fdfb7196e2f216e3a.jpg

l_5640a6873f4cbd7b64a93e2cfc7489e8.jpg

l_b5176aea921b2fe82d803ff5cbd66480.jpg

l_d6c58e6ba625227cdea7a6615857ae4f.jpg

l_ebba429ae134b0d9f0e2b701096e69de.jpg

Grim

nice pics there grim.

not too fond of the usual DPM but ive been wanting to do a dessert kit one for awhile now. is the osprey really as bad as ive heard it is? and what are those new gloves like? i saw a pair in my local surlpus but they didnt look like much. and yet one more question, is that an Ai CBL your wearing too?

The osprey isnt that bad if you get the proper size im a skinny git so getting it tight is a problem but im getting some T buckles from on patrol to solve that problem i have a dummy plate in the front pouch and need 1 for the rear, i changed out of it after lunch it is a little heavy after a while. but that is really only due to my mags i carry as my Desert DPM assault vest was just as heavy. The gloves are comfy enough, they dont stay clean for long though, especially in the likes of phoenix urban, i intend on getting a second pair soon and trimming the fingers off on the old pair. and the UBACS was purchased from SOF (But it looks the complete same as the ones available from AI but for half the price)

Grim

Another question aimed at darkchild mainly due to Lerchs pictures.

Bayonets. Are they often mounted when in a combat situation?

I know in Telic 1 everyone wore their swords fixed all the time in combat, but stuff has changed since then. On Telic 10 i never fixed my sword once,(it lived in my daysack) though the style of combat was wholly different.

In conventional warfare, you tend to fix swords just as your about to go into an assault or anywhere where you expect to meet the enemy in close quarters. It is really dictated by the situation.

EDIT: Grim, your desert loadout is great but your kit needs to look far more worn for a realisitc impression. Practically everything desert i own is either faded through washing it every 2 days or covered in a thin layer of perma-dirt. And unlucky on the CIC mate, hope the artillary suits you.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130

cheers for the info grim :D once again, awesome looking loadout. ive been thinking of doing a vehicle crewman look because my friend is serving with the armoured corps and might be going out in a few months so he will be able to give me all the tips i need on getting it looking right :D plus ive always liked the look of the ugly shortened SA80 lol

Congrats on joining the artillery you've just joined some of the best people your going to meet! Though we won't get bayonets just to clear up a post earlier I saw. If you are still in training you can carry the training on in airsoft like doing 11 point checks etc. and it will help your TA carrier.

Wash your kit on a high temp if you want it to fade but it will come over time any how..wait till you go on tour ..

if you want a giggle go ask a infanteer what a bayonet is for..

As long as you find that firing position comfortable.

So i take your Artillery as well Subb0, Bayonets arent a big bother of mine any way, if ireally want one that bad i suppose i could just buy one off ebay lol. Going to find the transition a little strange from the infantry though. I'm hoping to become a forward controller, that is attached to an infantry unit! That way i get the best of both world i presume.

Next set load out im thinking of doing is a Gulf war SAS load out but in 4 tone desert DPM. any thoughts any one?

Grim

So i take your Artillery as well Subb0, Bayonets arent a big bother of mine any way, if ireally want one that bad i suppose i could just buy one off ebay lol. Going to find the transition a little strange from the infantry though. I'm hoping to become a forward controller, that is attached to an infantry unit! That way i get the best of both world i presume.

Next set load out im thinking of doing is a Gulf war SAS load out but in 4 tone desert DPM. any thoughts any one?

Grim

Check out the UKSF photo thread on MP.net and the SAS photos on Misfit's website, they should give you a good idea. Unfortunately for completeness you do need to by yourself an old pinkie and a section of guys in a similar loadout... But I'm sure you can make do ;)

Hope the RA goes well!

sorteth thine webbing out good sir

also, is that a shirt youre wearing? a shirt??

Arm pocket, pop-buttons, epaulettes, and what look like button adjustable (rather than velcro adjustable or elastic) cuffs... Does not resemble any shirt or smock I know of...

Apart from the webbing the loadout looks pretty awesome though!

Arm pocket, pop-buttons, epaulettes, and what look like button adjustable (rather than velcro adjustable or elastic) cuffs... Does not resemble any shirt or smock I know of...

Apart from the webbing the loadout looks pretty awesome though!

Like i said above, its a dutch army shirt/jacket.

Lol like my loacal surplus store actually has any instock. im going down when they are next open on tuesday i will let you guys know if they actually have them in stock or not lol. Gotta love mil mart i get alot of bargains off paul. any thing else any one is looking for i will see if he has or can get in stock.

Grim

put the pouches as far around to the rear as you can get them, squashed together, and run a piece of bungee through the loops between them. this'll stop them bouncing about and flogging your tender bits when you're running about, and stop the ammo pouches from digging into you when you're prone.

...i'm not sure some of the above comments fall under 'constructive'

c'mon lads, you're more ally than me any day, give the chap some advice.

Edited by Ingo_Sleeps
put the pouches as far around to the rear as you can get them, squashed together, and run a piece of bungee through the loops between them. this'll stop them bouncing about and flogging your tender bits when you're running about, and stop the ammo pouches from digging into you when you're prone.

...i'm not sure some of the above comments fall under 'constructive'

c'mon lads, you're more ally than me any day, give the chap some advice.

Thanks! :D