DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, what was the SOP for carrying 40mm grenades when the UGL was introduced?

Get issued as many bombs as you can, then stuff them in any pouch with a space. They now issue a 40mm bomb bandolier which generally gets chopped to bits and attached to your LBE in various ways, the most popular being cable tying it onto your osprey loops.

Darkchild

hey gadge you're ex staffords right? my cousin is a platoon commander in there and i'll be joining there shortly.

Aye, long time ago.

Although they are a battalion within the 'Mercians' now i believe rather than a regiment in their own right?

looking sweet Rogal, i like the DPM / black contrast. might not be the most effective, but sure does look awesome !!

where do you store the G36 mag's ? can't see pouches :P mind posting a pic which better shows of the vest ? also, mind telling me what vest that is ? :P looks nice :)

Cheers TriggerhappyNL,

It's a Guarder GT Commander vest, got it for £55 from firesupport, It's got six M4 pouches in front then molle so you can add pouches for double stacking, I normally skirmish with my CA MP5 A3 and store my mags in those M4 pouches, what I didn't bother to do was check weather I could squease my G36 mags in there before I turned up for this skirmish. Well they didn't fit :rolleyes: that'll teach me for not checking, I had four 470 hi-caps and fortunately as the G36 mags clip together I stuck two in the gun and two in my dump pouch but I'm definately gonna pick up some G36 mag pouches before my next skirmish.

I'll post a good pick of the vest for ya when i get some batts for my camera.

care to tell me what track bashing is and how stupid i am to turn down 1 rifles?

Track bashing is where you have to put your tank track back on after it has fallen off (or change the track pads) which is made of extremely heavy steel links. This involves letting all the grease out of the rear ram, breaking the track by un screwing the nut and knocking the track pin out. You then work the track apart, drag the whole thing over the support rollers, then with a lot of vehicle wiggling, get the thing to catch onto the front drive sprocket. You then have clamp the track back together, find the mating angle (which is the fun part, as the link will only join back together at a very specific angle, which involves minute adjusting of a track clamp and lots of wiggling of a giant crow bar) then bang the pin back in and finally do up the nut. You then have to re-grease the rear ram to recover your track tension.

You have no power tools and will probably be wet and ###### off. Track bashing is about as fun as catching AIDS.

You should have joined 1 Rifles, the plastic commandos are off to Afghan this winter so you would have got a good tour in early in your career.

Darkchild

Track bashing is where you have to put your tank track back on after it has fallen off (or change the track pads) which is made of extremely heavy steel links. This involves letting all the grease out of the rear ram, breaking the track by un screwing the nut and knocking the track pin out. You then work the track apart, drag the whole thing over the support rollers, then with a lot of vehicle wiggling, get the thing to catch onto the front drive sprocket. You then have clamp the track back together, find the mating angle (which is the fun part, as the link will only join back together at a very specific angle, which involves minute adjusting of a track clamp and lots of wiggling of a giant crow bar) then bang the pin back in and finally do up the nut. You then have to re-grease the rear ram to recover your track tension.

You have no power tools and will probably be wet and ###### off. Track bashing is about as fun as catching AIDS.

You should have joined 1 Rifles, the plastic commandos are off to Afghan this winter so you would have got a good tour in early in your career.

Darkchild

i'm mates with a few NCO's in 1 rifles, might have to get them put in a word for me before they put me in the POW coy in catterick

ooh, nice. When i was in recce plt we had a NZ lance Jack attached to us for a couple of months and he had one of those. Couldnt get him to sell it to me :(

Darkchild

I can see why :D It's designed to carry things that go bang and nothing else! 8 magazines on the chest, 12 on the waist. Left and right sides hold 100 round Minimi pouches and then one grenade on the front of each pouch.

I can see why :D It's designed to carry things that go bang and nothing else! 8 magazines on the chest, 12 on the waist. Left and right sides hold 100 round Minimi pouches and then one grenade on the front of each pouch.

Yikes, fight very yes! Not much chance of getting that much ammo outside of airsoft.