DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

ACU cut DPMs eh? I look forward to getting my mitts on those. i will have to ask Taz and Hotchips if they have seen any of the lads over on deployment wearing em yet, and to keep there eyes out for them in the future. I prefer my desert DPM to the temperate DPM only as im sick of wearing temperates so much, and seeing them.

Grim

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the internal heat shield liying around from my A2 handguard that i converted to fit my STAR A2 carbine or are you after the LSW handguard heat shield? Besides with the heat shields installed there is no room for the batteries, hense why i removed mine.

Grim

I'm not even after the heatshield itself, sorry, but the handguard. A1 type. Rare as rocking horse *beep* I say!

wait til you get hold of the new temperate DPM ACU cut trousers and shirt that should be coming online this year. Im getting mine issued next month, i cant wait! (being spearhead Btn has its privileges)

Darkchild

This sounds good you will have to get some pic's up when you get them Darkchild.

yeah, dont ask me why but the first production run of new stuff is nearly always made in temperate, even though we are fighting 2 wars in the desert! :huh: Army logic sucks. I guess the material is more plentiful or something.

Darkchild

Hey Darkchild don't suppose you have any link's to this new kit we are getting as i have heard nowt about it :unsure:cheers :D

no links, you wouldnt have heard of it as my btn was chosen to trial it about 3 weeks ago and we are in touch with the supplier who is willing to give us all free samples. My contact will have them all waiting for us when i get back off leave.

Darkchild

no links, you wouldnt have heard of it as my btn was chosen to trial it about 3 weeks ago and we are in touch with the supplier who is willing to give us all free samples. My contact will have them all waiting for us when i get back off leave.

Darkchild

furry muff let's see some pictures when you get it :D

coming soon to an ebay page near you, no doubt
The thing is your more than right there :P :P the new assault vest we get issued for hot climates i saw that on ebay before i got mine :rolleyes: you know what the say "if the going get's tough then ebay is your friend" :D

I'm working in a british DPM style but i have a couple of problems, I'm a sniper player. I need ideas how they transport their ghillies. I just found images from them with ghillies.

Edited by Lince

Darkchild

So I'll see you lot cutting about in sunny Bulford in spiffy new combats soon then. Gotta get me some of those....

oke thanks, and whats about size? I got a "issued" ;) 57cm head, so I assume I would need a medium, right?

Oh yeah, and the black "tube"? does a bicycle tube work?

Cheers

Daniel

The medium should do you fine, the back pad inside it is adjustable to fit your head properly.

As for the rubber band, I'd suggest going to a hardware store and getting an inner tube for a moving dolly (the type you can stack boxes on for transport). They'll give you the best fit for the helmet. A tube from a bike would just be too damn big.

Like Subb0 said though, sniper tape or the NBC boot top works too if you happen to have them around :P

Same, on ebay there's a buyer called "jackybilly" depending on the auction she sells the helmet with dessie DPM Cover scrim net, rubber tube and cats eyes. Would recommend her as the helmets are top notch and i had mine delivered on a saturday. She only does medium AFAIK though.

Edit: Current Auction for large dessie DPM helmet HERE

Or HERE for standard DPM helmet with cover, tube and scrim net in medium.

Edited by SwatMP5man