DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

Same, on ebay there's a buyer called "jackybilly" depending on the auction she sells the helmet with dessie DPM Cover scrim net, rubber tube and cats eyes. Would recommend her as the helmets are top notch and i had mine delivered on a saturday. She only does medium AFAIK though.

Nice one. Just got one ordered.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So a couple days back I ordered some ITW Nexus surface-mount clips and D-rings in foliage green.

This morning they arrived.

Tonight for 2 hours I sat next to my sewing machine, stripping my webbing down, ripping the Spanish fly's off the pouches, and popping the clips on, then sewing the D-rings onto the yoke.

DSC05824.jpg

DSC05826.jpg

Next thing I'll be doing is cutting off those stupid Fastex clips on the ammo. and util. pouches.

And then I just felt like pimping my helmet ;)

DSC05828.jpg

I've said this millions of times, but if you are doing a British infantry impression, take the sword (bayonet) frog off of the yoke and mount it on the belt. I wont go into the reasons again, but be assured that we dont wear it where you have it.

Feel free to disregard my advice, but if there is one topic i am an expert on, its British infantry SOPs.

Darkchild

Fished out my old PLCE from cadets today, and I agree on the Frog thing, how often do you actully find yourself drawing the thing in a game?

(Oh and by the way; yes, I do have an small waist)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/pee...lewis/PLCE1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/pee...lewis/PLCE2.jpg

Try getting your hands on a hip pad. Apart from making the system more comfortable it increases your waist size by going on the inside of the belt. You'll probably find that you add another pouch in there if you get a hip pad. Even if there's not enough room for another pouch (try a single mag pouch) you can squash them all further to the back, to give you a clearer front for when you go prone.

And, Lewis Hodgson, put your frog and the left, how can you draw your sword with your rifle in your right hand?

Placement of sword/bayonet frog is a biggie for me after one of my men lost his sword and frog in Canada, when it was attached to his yoke.

I too have a small waist (28-30 inch) and can only fit 3 utilities on my webbing, you must be tiny!

Darkchild

And, Lewis Hodgson, put your frog and the left, how can you draw your sword with your rifle in your right hand?

Placement of sword/bayonet frog is a biggie for me after one of my men lost his sword and frog in Canada, when it was attached to his yoke.

I too have a small waist (28-30 inch) and can only fit 3 utilities on my webbing, you must be tiny!

Darkchild

I am leftie, so knife placement is best, and my waist size is about the same 29/30". Hmm, I guess I could squash another pouch in there; ill give it a go.

Im also a lefty, that makes no difference in the British army.

EDIT: just be clear, im not trying to tell you what to do, but people get anal in the Navy seal thread, so im allowed to get anal here.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130
Im also a lefty, that makes no difference in the British army.

Darkchild

Fair point. I guess ive got some work to do if I don't want shell casings in my face!

EDIT: What useful things should I stick at the back of my webbing besides the standard large pouches? Is there anything I might find more useful?

Edited by Lewis_Hodgson

some people like to use more ammo pouches instead of utilities for small items (i use half an issued ammo pouch for a pair of goretex socks for example), but as your airsofting and wont be in the field for weeks you dont really need any more pouches. All you need is ammo and water, baby!

Darkchild

some people like to use more ammo pouches instead of utilities for small items (i use half an issued ammo pouch for a pair of goretex socks for example), but as your airsofting and wont be in the field for weeks you dont really need any more pouches. All you need is ammo and water, baby!

Darkchild

Yeah, Those ammo pouches hold two water bottles really well, may look into that.

EDIT: Do you know if there are any PLCE Mp5 mag pouches anywhere. I know this is improbable and the doubles work just fine, but it would be pretty cool to find some.

The only actual piece of kit I've seen for the 40mm is a bandolier that was either worn sitting above the beltkit, or chopped up and hung from your vest. IIRC you could also cram as many 'nades into your right ammo pouch as possible and go from there.

Personally, I don't see any reason the US vest would be bad, I just opted for this since I had the material laying around and no money to spare at the moment ;)

Edited by Lerch

yeah you could use the 40mm vest, we tend to use whatever is available. Ugl gunners normally sew their bandolier to the front of their osprey (in theatre) or just wear it as a bandolier.

a few guys in my company wear an lbv-88 instead of a webbing yoke so im sure a 40mm vest would be fine

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130

With the exception of my desert DPM gloves (which should be delivered next week), I think I'm about done with buying desert DPM kit:

DSCF2094.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

For those with too much time:

- Desert DPM trousers

- Desert UBACS

- Meindl Desert Fox boots

- Desert DPM kneepads

- Tan nomex flight gloves (new gloves coming in)

- Osprey armour cover (with replica SAPI and roll-mat cut to shape)

- 3x Vanguard triple mag pouches

- 1x Vanguard FFD/compass pouch (used for radio)

- 2x Single mag pouch (from combatservicesupport)

- 1x Smoke grenade pouch (from combatservicesupport)

- Desert DPM Camelback

- Para helmet

- Cavalvy Toto II headset with Motorola XTNi radio

Not shown:

- ESS Advancer V-12s (am swapping these for profile turbofans when they arrive)

- Desert DPM Boonie

I'd like to say thanks to Darkchild for continued advice, and to Pux for helmet! Now if I could just find the time to get down to a skirmish site with some sand...