DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw a full set for sale on ebay but it included the osprey vest as well. Im unsure if its still there as i would check but im lucky my nets letting me post this(if it does now its a miracle)

Grim

I'd like to say thanks to Darkchild for continued advice, and to Pux for helmet! Now if I could just find the time to get down to a skirmish site with some sand...

Thats alright buddy, need any more help dont hesitate to ask. You need to get yourself down to SPECOPS in Portland for the best arid terrain style action i know of in the UK.

Darkchild

Thats alright buddy, need any more help dont hesitate to ask. You need to get yourself down to SPECOPS in Portland for the best arid terrain style action i know of in the UK.

Darkchild

Have been meaning to for some time, but I'm busy every Sunday up until June 29th, will be down then!

I'm considering changing over to a DPM loadout. Namely, something in the Royal Welsh (I'm a Prichard ;) ).

Back in High School, my first springer was an SA80. It was my favorite looking weapon, and it fit my body like a glove. I don't know how the full weight of one will, but we'll just have to find out. Anyway, the main reason I'd swith over is a KSK kit is quite expensive. Even after the exchange rate to GBP, I think this will still be much cheaper. L85s have few accesories, and your Pants/Shirt/Parka is much cheaper than KSK Pants/Smock.

Anyway, I'm just a confused American, so could anyone tell me what wouldn't be accurate with the following for the Royal Welsh (Fusiliers, maybe?):

DDPM UBACS

DDPM Pants

Desert Boots (what kind?)

Khaki beret

Bowman headset (the Cavalry Toto probably)

Osprey cover

2x Triple mag pouch

Likely an ICS L85A2.

Anyway, I'm just a confused American, so could anyone tell me what wouldn't be accurate with the following for the Royal Welsh (Fusiliers, maybe?):

DDPM UBACS

DDPM Pants

Desert Boots (what kind?)

Khaki beret

Bowman headset (the Cavalry Toto probably)

Osprey cover

2x Triple mag pouch

Likely an ICS L85A2.

*not including shipping

UBACS - £25-45

S95 Trousers - £5-20

Desert Boots - £10-75

(regular USGI desert boots are cheapest, but there's plenty of others to be had)

Khaki Beret - £8-15

Desert Hat - £5-10

Bowman - £45

(I'd use Redwolf for the Bowman, they've got all the different pin-sets)

Osprey (cover) - £20-70

Pouches - £30-50

And that's just the start, you're likely gonna want a smock for cold weather, gloves, helmet, etc..

Then you'll know how I feel ;)

Edited by Lerch

as do 11 cell bandoliers. I have 1 but find it a touch cumbersome as the moment. i would like to see some pictures of how the lads use em out on tour like dark child said (like stitching em direct to there ospreys etc.)

Grim

The only way I've ever seen them being used (so far) is either as a bandolier, and slung over the right shoulder and under the left arm, OR wrapped around the chest sitting on top of the pouches, either on the webbing or on the Osprey.

And that's just the start, you're likely gonna want a smock for cold weather, gloves, helmet, etc..

Then you'll know how I feel ;)

Yeah, I understand. Plus you're Canadian, so you understand the frustration of prices in GBP. But compared to KSK:

DPM trousers 20 USD plus s&h from U.S. (ironwolfent)

KSK Hosen 70 USD plus shipping from EU

UBACS 30-50 USD plus shipping from EU

KSK Smock 80-100 USD plus shipping from EU

Plus, to get an accurate KSK G36, you need to buy tons of aftermarket parts (including RS parts)

L85 with susat...ah, simplicity.

But this isn't a price thread...so I better get to work so I can take pictures of my gear in a couple months/year.

But this isn't a price thread...so I better get to work so I can take pictures of my gear in a couple months/year.

Hmm, I wonder when we're gonna need to start 'DPM thread Mk2' :P

And next week my UGL is arriving :D due on the 25th!

Oh yeah, 3 rigs for holding the bombs...

03.jpg

02.jpg

And the ever present bandolier;

01.jpg

Edited by Lerch