DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've seen paras and ghurka rifles folding their sling in a similar fashion to that but wrapped around the pistol grip instead of the magwell , if its not interfering with his mag changes let him to it.

its a pretty good look you've got going on i like the dpm/desert mix. seems more authentic given our somewhat sporadic acquisition and tendency of squaddies to get attached to things that work for them over dressing themselves out of a catalog. thumbs up.

@ subbo, i let my mate Mark do the sling for me and he was in infantry for 9 years, so i'm pretty sure it's done right! as for the boots, it was a pretty mucky day and the pic was done towards the end of the it, the trousers are high as i kneel alot and as you kneel, the trouser come up (as you expect them to, and the knee pads stop them coming down)

cheers

@ subbo, i let my mate Mark do the sling for me and he was in infantry for 9 years, so i'm pretty sure it's done right!

I think that Subbo meant use the sling as a way to carry the rifle.. The way you have it in that pic has no use that i can see, and it may well be an approved, if not taught, way to have your sling, but Subbo meant put the sling throught the front sling loop and everything

I find them easier to use on exercise more than the ties the ties come undone more often and get caught the twisties keep it all neat but its all down to preference the down side is if you take em off you damn well can't find em.. :P And even if some one was in the infantry for 9 years his ways might be out of the window, tactics and methods change often and most people take there sling off rather than have it on there because the point in a sling is some one can't nab your weapon. But its all down to preference I was telling you current methods.

Edited by Subb0

i always found that one a bit of a poser, the sling being there to stop someone having your weapon off you. in systema (russian martial discipline close to combat sambo, not the ptw), we're taught to pretty much hang a guy up or bind his head and shoulders with the sling and generally make it into a liability in close quarters. then again, we're also taught to take the rifle off them if they don't have the sling (no discussion here, i'm using this as a vehicle to state situation of sling in combat, not inciting a 'you couldn't do that/physical contact in airsoft is bad' debate).

comes down to what pux said, really depends on the user and his immediate situation. if you need your hands free, you need a sling to keep your weapon on your body and off the floor, if you need the high mobility, perhaps no sling is better.

**edit: i do of course mean, in the context of a serving soldier 'individual preference' applies only within the remit of procedures standing and theatre specific orders. if they're told to do something, then they have to do it.

Edited by Ingo_Sleeps

its not attached to the front sling hoop the front sling hoop isn't even on the rifle. plus you would have to remove the black nasty. From what I can see at you picture the sling goes from rear sling loop around mag holder and the is tied off with black nasty. but as stated it's down to preference but most units tend to like the slings on or off not inbetween as long as you get on all right with it it doesn't matter.

Twisties ftw! and if your not going to use your sling properly don't use it what so ever. and would it kill you to put some polish on them boots look after your boots and your boots will look after you.

No.

Dont ever wear twisters in the field, just use your drawstrings (thats what they're there for) loads of people use their sling like that (including me) cos its nice and out the way for combat but you still have the sling in case of a casevac or something. The sling is on correctly, then tied round the magwell and tightened off. how can you tell the front sling loop isnt on the weapon, its on the other side!

You could polish your boots though.

Just an update, the new uniforms are in the post office waiting to be collected and i should have them off my supplier tomorrow, ready for pics. If he delays it or messes me around in any way i'll punch him in the throat and post pics of that here instead.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130

Dpm UBACS (though they can already be bought) ACU cut DPM shirt, ACU cut DPM trousers, new type smock with upper arm pockets, new goretex jacket with new liner, fleece handwarmer pockets and a few other bits. They wont be on general issue for at least a year, i have discovered, but we have a direct line to the manufacturer of all the trials kit and they are giving it to my btn for free.

Though my supplier is a bit dodgy so i will be lucky to get half of what i ordered (ill take my camera to work to at least get pics of one example of all of it)

Darkchild

thats how ive always used my sling. Sorry about the delay with the new gear pics folks, we went to pick it up from the depot yesterday but it was stacked floor to ceiling, far too much to carry, and parcel force refused to re deliver it at 4pm on a friday. Im now waiting on a phone call from my mate to tell me its arrived at his house.

Darkchild

im just annoyed at how some people think they can see through my l85 to the sling loops!

anyways, what does the new digital dpm look like? better than marpat and cadpat?

Dude don't worry it seems people always know best lol if it works for you then use it :D as for what DC is getting i think is not digi but still good old DPM temperate just the have made them more like American BDU'S and a little tougher than good old CS 95 ;) i can't wait to hear what DC say's about this as it's about time CS95 got a bit of a revamp :D

Dude don't worry it seems people always know best lol if it works for you then use it :D as for what DC is getting i think is not digi but still good old DPM temperate just the have made them more like American ACU'S and a little tougher than good old CS 95 ;) i can't wait to hear what DC say's about this as it's about time CS95 got a bit of a revamp :D

Fixed ;) and I would assume they're made out of the same material as the S2000, which *is* harder wearing then the S95 material. Doesn't fade as fast either ;)

Edited by Lerch

soldier 2000 does not exist its still CS95 someone invented that just to sell more kit!!! all that happened was the manufacturer's was told to sort the quality of the CS95 out and produce a new smock ;):D and ACU & BDU i have no idea as long as it works and is comfortable and practical they can call what they like :P :P

Edited by pux