• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a green jacket badge isnt it?

Darkchild?

its either that or rifles, certainly not marines. I cant really see the badge too well though.

However, you might want to be careful wearing the Royal Marine capbadge if you've not earnt it, I know a lot of soldiers dislike people pretending to be soldiers from a particular regiment if they have no affiliation with it.

Yeah? If I had been in the SAS and got my wings and then saw a REENACTOR wearing the same, I wouldnt care beacuse i would know that id earned them and the guy is just playing the part. Surely its a sign of respect if nothing else? If these 'soldiers' arnt man enough to realise that this then its time they grow some balls.

Edited by Kousnik
Yeah? If I had been in the SAS and got my wings and then saw a REENACTOR wearing the same, I wouldnt care beacuse i would know that id earned them and the guy is just playing the part. Surely its a sign of respect if nothing else? If these 'soldiers' arnt man enough to realise that this then its time they grow some balls.

Ok, my bad about the capbadge..

I think that its fine for people to re-enact, as long as they do it well; a lot of soldiers don't like it, I'm just saying..

Lerch will back me up, I'm sure

Yeah, nice loadout apart from that..

However, you might want to be careful wearing the Royal Marine capbadge if you've not earnt it, I know a lot of soldiers dislike people pretending to be soldiers from a particular regiment if they have no affiliation with it.

The cap badge is not the worry (you can be a royal marine cadet and get the cap badge) its the Commando Green beret (which he isn't wearing) which is what has to be earnt by doing the Commando Course. I'm sure its a case of certain people give a *beep* and other people couldn't careless and have far more important things to worry about.

Nice loadout all the same.

The cap badge is not the worry (you can be a royal marine cadet and get the cap badge) its the Commando Green beret (which he isn't wearing) which is what has to be earnt by doing the Commando Course. I'm sure its a case of certain people give a *beep* and other people couldn't careless and have far more important things to worry about.

Nice loadout all the same.

Right guys,

The badge is Rifle reg not Marines. The Beret is not Marine Beret it is Rifles/green jackets.

I have removed the picture not to offend anyone and worn out of respect of any infintry reg, not as disrespect of those who earned the right too... It is a tricky topic when airsoft and reenacting cross paths.

Those of us who are geardos and try the hardest to complete loadouts that match those who serve our countries so gallently walk a fine line of possibly offending someone. My father served in the RAF for 30 years, does that give me a right to feel somewhat proud of wearing a uniform that reminds me of being British?

Zog, put ut pic back up dude, it was a nice load out. The beret thing is always tricky, but maybe wear a bush hat or a helmet. it wouldnt take away from the load out. And wouldnt ruffle anyones feathers. I personally have no beef with the beret thing. Hell i wear a Duke of Lancasters beret. (Even though i have transfered to artillery now) I will soon have my old kings beret on my noggin in respect of them as that is who the Dukes were when i 1st joined the TA. But still your load out rocked. Were those the windproof desert DPM trousers you were rocking?

Grim

Zog, put ut pic back up dude, it was a nice load out. The beret thing is always tricky, but maybe wear a bush hat or a helmet. it wouldnt take away from the load out. And wouldnt ruffle anyones feathers. I personally have no beef with the beret thing. Hell i wear a Duke of Lancasters beret. (Even though i have transfered to artillery now) I will soon have my old kings beret on my noggin in respect of them as that is who the Dukes were when i 1st joined the TA. But still your load out rocked. Were those the windproof desert DPM trousers you were rocking?

Grim

Cheers Grim,

I will take a new set of pics and put up again. Like it I say, I was bound to upset someone. We have the best trained Army in the World and I feel proud to wear my loadout.

I beleive these maybe windproof combats. They have velcro festneing all the way up the side of each leg to about 2 inches below the knee.

Those of us who are geardos and try the hardest to complete loadouts that match those who serve our countries so gallently walk a fine line of possibly offending someone.
I think most people would be more offended you got the beret the wrong way round...

Just for the record, I wasn't upset at all by the pictures, I just wanted to warn about what some soldiers think of wearing cap badges..

And were they the standard issue desert gloves in your pic?

No, they are Mechanix M-Pact Gloves in CB. Not issue.

Did not take offence either, could have kicked myself about the beret as I am a detail man.

:unsure:

Hey guys, my good friend Kie has been kind enought to mod some of my kit, in built knee and elbow pads on the jacket and trousers and arm pockets on the jackets nad shirt. I should be getting them back with in a day or 2 so i will post up my temp DPM load out. (Until i order my pointman pouches.)

Zog. Where did you get the trousers and gloves from and how much?

Grim

i didnt mean to have a go at anyone, it just annoys me when people go on about how they "know people" who "might be offended" because someone "wears (insert item) and havent earned it". Its meant to be about having fun and styling yourself after units that you have respect for and think look good, not constantly worrying that you might ###### off a para. So sorry....

and yeah zog, seriously man it was a cool pic, I actually thought you were army until the whole beret incident, lol, you fit the part well. rather than getting rid, get more up fella!

i didnt mean to have a go at anyone, it just annoys me when people go on about how they "know people"

Ah, thats my bad, I'm not acquainted with anyone who would take offense, I am aware (I know, same thing..) that some soldiers take offense..

Sorry to drag this out, its just I feel like a bit of an *albartroth* for making a big deal of it..

Hey guys, my good friend Kie has been kind enought to mod some of my kit, in built knee and elbow pads on the jacket and trousers and arm pockets on the jackets nad shirt. I should be getting them back with in a day or 2 so i will post up my temp DPM load out. (Until i order my pointman pouches.)

Zog. Where did you get the trousers and gloves from and how much?

Grim

Trouser from the-outdoors.co.uk, they were only £10 - bargain. And gloves, I got of a chap off ASCUK forum - mindz i. I'll PM him to get a heads up.

i didnt mean to have a go at anyone, it just annoys me when people go on about how they "know people" who "might be offended" because someone "wears (insert item) and havent earned it". Its meant to be about having fun and styling yourself after units that you have respect for and think look good, not constantly worrying that you might ###### off a para. So sorry....

and yeah zog, seriously man it was a cool pic, I actually thought you were army until the whole beret incident, lol, you fit the part well. rather than getting rid, get more up fella!

Thanks matey... Appreciate the feedback from everyone.

I will do some of my Woodland DPM loadout.

When I first started airsofting in 2000 I so wanted an SA80 aeg, but apart from the acadamy springer you couldn't do a decent Brit Loadout/impression.

I like so many airsofter went the USMC/FR/USSF/SEAL Team 8 loadout, which is great and all respect to our US members and USA, but DPM seams to always be associated to newbies and white trainers.

With the Army r85 giving an affordable, reliable option, I now don only DPM and proud too. My mates have had a giggle seemingy back in DPM, buit proud to wear it. :unsure::D