DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

Get rid of the M203.

GET RID OF THE M203! WHY!!! A reason behind you statement might be not too much to ask,

I'm not 'havin a go' misfit since i myself ditched and sold my m203 since i saw it as more trouble than its worth but i doubt grim would enjoy firing the contents of that bandelier by hand. :)

Also Pkekyo-Nor i think since i designed, tailored and stitched grims custom DPM kit i have at least a slight right to post some Arnie's banter in response, so calm down... its only the INTERNET.

love from kie

xxx

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Misfit, I considered tunring my M4 into a L119A1, but it just so happens i have my SA80(with lack of UGL at the moment) so i kept my M4 as it is, for my US look loadouts. But its not my british army loadout, its just a DPM test set up for some of the modified kit. As the chances are i will only use this set up once for airsofting. Then its dedicated for in the field when on exercise with my TA Unit or Cadet unit. Besides i havnt seen any where that has in stock the full size ris adaptable AG36. But if you do let me know as i have been wanting one for my M4. And just so nobody gets the wrong end of the stick, im not ranting back at misfit i am just explaining my side. The last thing i want on here is a flame war starting up. There will be up to date pictures of my British army load outs soon, the temperate one shouldnt be to hard i will just use all my issue kit lol, and the desert one has been revised. Anyways lets get back to more DPM picture goodness.

Grim

Some in-game pics of me from yesterday at SYA Proteus. It was baking hot and I was daft enough to decide to wear a helmet and osprey! The whole British team was playing in desert kit.

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

To be fair mate the game on the 25th is going to be an open day, so they won't be running the kind of decent scenario orientated games that they've been having recently and like we were playing yesterday (mission plans, staff commanding the teams, uniform requirements, structured squads, full comms, ammo limits etc.). My advice would be to get down to one of the themed games in the near future :)

More photos below if anyone is interested:

Green Team (playing Chinese Army)

Desert Team (playing Royal Ghurka Rifles)

Yeaa we were at one of the themed games not so long back, with the uniform requirments, we were on the desert team. I really enjoyed it, as it was our 1st outing to SYA Proteus. Just seemed like i was getting targeted alot more for carrying the minimi lol. We should be going in just providing the date dont clash with any of my TA weekends.

Any ways guys i got bored so i put together a Bravo Two Zero/Scud Hunteresque load out. I know its not perfect, as i would prefer a PCL vest to use with my beltkit. and then that needs spraying over with some khaki tan paint and so does the weapon. oh yeah and "needs dirt!" But here it is any ways.

HPIM0337.jpg

HPIM0338.jpg

HPIM0339.jpg

HPIM0340.jpg

HPIM0342.jpg

Grim.

Some great pics here lately lads, havent been on for a while so it made an interesting read!

Seems wearing standard webbing is going out of fashion (to use a phrase), are vests the way to go during the summer months? I only have some basic DPM for my loadout -

s95 trousers

" shirt

" smock (not sure what kind, was marketed as SAS but seemed more comfy than standard!)

oh, and brit boots. So far i've been using it with a thin Gtac hood to keep the lengthy hair out of the way, but that might have to change given the hot weather!

Speaking of vests and webbing etc, seeming as I have gone off track of looking like a squaddie (using an FN FAL) and now look more like a freedom fighter/ "gun for hire", what cheap - but - good vest would you guys recommend?

here's a piccy, terrible posture and so very un - neat but hey, I just like the pose and background! but need to learn how to blouse boots properly!!

post-45070-1210610046_thumb.jpg

Because British forces don't use M203's, or M4's for that matter.

Turn it into a L119A1 and slap a UGL on it if you really want a grenade launcher.

You show me where you can get a UGL for a M4 - the only one I have seen EVER is the smokies one thats been discontinued.

Speaking of vests and webbing etc, seeming as I have gone off track of looking like a squaddie (using an FN FAL) and now look more like a freedom fighter/ "gun for hire", what cheap - but - good vest would you guys recommend?

Get yourself on ebay and have a look for a PLCE issue vest. You can pick them up really cheap sometimes. I got a desert one for £20 delivered!

I saw 23SAS with them they were ris mounted. Like the Smokey's one that is apparently discontinued :(

Grim

The mounting is quite a bit different on the real AG-C to the smokies one, but it would be your best starting point (also the smokies tube doesnt open in the right way either.)

Sorry guys I didnt get that close of a look, as they were in there own cage in the armoury at Warcop, my friend said look M4, and i said i think they are Canadian C8s guess we were both wrong as at the time i had no idea the L119A1 existed, but it looked like, what was ris on them. So i assumed the AG-C's were RIS mounted like the smokies style launcher (As i thought the smokies launcher may have bee a copy of them). What is the mounting like on the real AG-C? And could you please explain what you mean in that "the smokies tube doesnt open in the right way" please, I am quite curious as to what way it opens now. I am still scouring the net to try and find a possible Smokeys launcher that may be instock somewhere. they must of made a fair number of them?(Damn Smokeys made some real nice bits of gear for weapons, shame most of the things are discontinued)

Grim

While it does attach to the bottom rail on the RIS, it is along the full length with a much beefier connection. It was the fact that it is on the rail that the 'lockable' bottom rail for the KAC ras was adopted, to provide more support than the clip in one that is standard. I'll see if i can get a picture of the mount at some point. Some pics to give you an idea from the net (the yanks have adopted it as the M320 for their M4s)-

XM320-M4.jpg

XM320_APG_0033.jpg

jan04-milit-ieroci-6.jpg

Can get some idea about the Smokeys one here- http://www.airsoftmadrid.com/index.php?Ite...t&task=view

Thanks alot Ubar (+1), Theres a pic on airsoftmadrid of an AG36 on an AUG i found that quite a nice set up. I dont think the full size Smokeys version has the sights either. And if the US have addapted it as the M320 do you think they may replace the M203 with it? and if so then it is only a matter of time until one of the airsoft companies release an M320. Any ways thanks again for the info Ubar its a big help, i'm am really considering turning my M4 into an L119A1 now.

Grim

Grim, your be lucky to find one anywhere - i've been looking for a year and still not found one!

Ubar - I know they dont work correctly but they are the closest thing to the UGL that we use... However I have also seen our guys using barrel mounted ones too!

Oh and try the longer one for better looks:

smokeys-ag36-grendelauncher_big.jpg

Thats the style i was after, a long version, like the pic you just posted tall bloke. A year with no luck in finding one these things must be like gold dust! And you say you have seen barrel mounted AG-C's? where was that? They sound quite interesting.

Grim

Thats the style i was after, a long version, like the pic you just posted tall bloke. A year with no luck in finding one these things must be like gold dust! And you say you have seen barrel mounted AG-C's? where was that? They sound quite interesting.

Grim

Sorry I ment Barrel mounted M203's - should have made myself clear..

and yes like gold dust - however I have just found somewhere that says they have them.... Redwolf. I swear that about 2 months ago they didn't! Still jump in quick!

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=14469

Chris