DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rolleyes:

I presumed that everyone in this thread would know that the British Military have used M16A1/203's and M16A2/203s. In fact, I've got tons of photos of it on my website.

I was just talking about M4s or SFWs, as Ubar said. I wouldn't have told him to get rid of the '203 had he put it on an M16.

So er, you just made yourself look like a tit.

Yeaa we were at one of the themed games not so long back, with the uniform requirments, we were on the desert team. I really enjoyed it, as it was our 1st outing to SYA Proteus. Just seemed like i was getting targeted alot more for carrying the minimi lol. We should be going in just providing the date dont clash with any of my TA weekends.

Any ways guys i got bored so i put together a Bravo Two Zero/Scud Hunteresque load out. I know its not perfect, as i would prefer a PCL vest to use with my beltkit. and then that needs spraying over with some khaki tan paint and so does the weapon. oh yeah and "needs dirt!" But here it is any ways.

Grim.

Take a look at these photos for reference mate:

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/gw1/

Edited by Misfit

Ah god dammit! Theres me skint. its my dirthday a month tomorrow so if by some miricle they are still in stock ill be getting one. Great find tall bloke. Hope they actually have them in stock and you can get one. (And if i cant get one take yours to the GZ weekender, assuming you are going this year. so i can drool and stare at it lol.)

Grim

Erm, that's what YOU said, so NOW who's the tit? :whistling:

Yes, that's what I said.

And, as I had explained, I was specifically speaking about M4's and L119A1's. Admittedly it was worded a bit wrong, but did you even read my reply?

Even cats and dogs know that the British military use M16/203's. I'll repeat myself again as obviously you were dropped on the head as a newborn, but I was specifically talking about the M4 and L119A1. The M16/203 thing is completely irrelevant to what I was discussing.

Now please, shut up and go be a keyboard warrior tit elsewhere.

Edited by Misfit
Take a look at these photos for reference mate:

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/gw1/

Thanks I used those pics as reference (they were on militaryphotos.net but thanks for that link i had lost that specific link.) I used what i had to my disposal for the look as best i could(Appologies for any inaccuracies), thats why i said scud hunteresque (Most of my Desert gear is current issue kit), i know its not accurate, but like i said a PCL with some tan paint on it and a belt kit attached would look better also the weapon could of used with a paint to help. And i dont think wearing a ripstop desert jacket would quite help now would it lol, i hav'nt gotten my mitts on any older desert jackets yet. As soon as i get my hands on a PCL and some other bits, more accurate pics will be taken.

Any ways lets get some more pics going guys!

Grim

Yes, that's what I said.

And, as I had explained, I was specifically speaking about M4's and L119A1's. Admittedly it was worded a bit wrong, but did you even read my reply?

Yes, it was wrong, and you only explained you meant M4s and L119A1's AFTER my picture of the M203 days later, so your post was WRONG! You gave out the wrong information and didn't clear it up until challenged. Now deal with it and move on! :rolleyes:

Even cats and dogs know that the British military use M16/203's. I'll repeat myself again as obviously you were dropped on the head as a newborn, but I was specifically talking about the M4 and L119A1. The M16/203 thing is completely irrelevant to what I was discussing.

Now please, shut up and go be a keyboard warrior tit elsewhere.

And I'M being the keyboard warrior? You're the only one who's being verbally insulting while happily sat behind your keyboard pal!

I thought it was pretty much common sense, seeing as the photo I was replying to was of a M4. M16's weren't even in the discussion, you just posted a photo of something completely irrelevant trying to look clever, and, well, it kind of back fired. :mellow:

So, let me clear this up for you as that bump was obviously more severe than I first thought.

M16A1 + 203 = Correct.

M16A2 + 203 = Correct.

M4 = Wrong.

M4 + 203 = Wrong.

M4 + UGL = Wrong.

L119A1 + 203 = Wrong.

L119A1 + UGL = Correct.

My post was correct. Yes, it was worded slightly wrong, but that was due to the fact that M16's weren't even part of the discussion, and I thought that most people in this thread would know that the British Military have used M16/203's. You added something completely irrelevant to try and look smart, and it backfired, it's best to just give up now than dragging this on any further.

Anyway, I won't reply to a post on this discussion again, in an effort to get this thread back on topic. Feel free to keep kicking and screaming, Fizzy.

Edited by Misfit
Got to love people like you. You post some incorrect information, and then immediately go on the defensive when it's pointed out, by verbally abusing someone. How very, very sad.

Typical troll I'm afraid mate :rolleyes:. No doubt all the little troll mates will come along and fill the thread with useless junk soon enough <_<.

Keeping on topic, only halfway into my UKSF loadout - not quite finished yet. Soon to come will be a DPM MICH cover, and possibly an Osprey kryloned to hell with OD....

20042008120.jpg

Hair is now high and tight, mainly due to this pic, lol.

Edited by Smoke
Typical troll I'm afraid mate :rolleyes:. No doubt all the little troll mates will come along and fill the thread with useless junk soon enough <_<.

Yeah, I'm sure the amount of photos I've posted of UKSF and advice is useless. That must be why so many people keep PMing and emailing me for advice. Right. Yeah. You've got me there, it's definitely all junk.

Lose the multicam trousers, or go all multicam. Got photos on my site of UKSF wearing Multicam and RAV's.

Lose the helmet and googles.

Lose the rubbish on the M4, change it into a L119A1.

Change the plate carrier.

See these for reference:

SBS, Afghanistan - http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sbs/afghan/

SAS, Afghanistan - http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/afghan/

SAS, Iraq - http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/iraq/

How's that for useless ######? :mellow:

Obi Wahn: Looking good mate, can't really see the kit all that well, so I can't comment on it but it looks pretty good. :)

Only advice would be to put an ACOG and RIS on the gun.

Edited by Misfit
Yeah, I'm sure the amount of photos I've posted of UKSF and advice is useless. That must be why so many people keep PMing and emailing me for advice. Right. Yeah. You've got me there, it's definitely all junk.

Lose the multicam trousers, or go all multicam. Got photos on my site of UKSF wearing Multicam and RAV's.

Lose the helmet and googles.

Lose the rubbish on the M4, change it into a L119A1.

Change the plate carrier.

Multicam is in use by the SBS in 'Stan, as are MICH's.

It's a HK416, also in use by UKSF, as are PEQ units and EoTechs.

It's not a plate carrier, it's a TT MAV 1 piece, again, also used by UKSF. All this has been confirmed by serving troops in 'Stan and Iraq.

Now do be so kind as to sod off, other people asking you for advice is really not my concern. Although I'd be interested to know if you have permission to host and publish all these pics you talk about like you own them? But not interested enough to care :rolleyes:.

I know Multicam is in use, you even quoted me saying it was.

Yeah, there are rumours and mutterings that HK416's and 417's are being trialled, but the best bet is to get a L119A1 as they're much more common and have been confirmed.

Never ever heard of a MAV being used, you'd probably do better with the BHI Plate carrier or the issue Ops Vest or chest rig.

I know Multicam is in use, you even quoted me saying it was.

Yeah, there are rumours and mutterings that HK416's and 417's are being trialled, but the best bet is to get a L119A1 as they're much more common and have been confirmed.

Never ever heard of a MAV being used, you'd probably do better with the BHI Plate carrier or the issue Ops Vest or chest rig.

Gee thanks :rolleyes:.

The 'rumours and mutterings' about the 417 being trialled are somewhat out of date. The 417 has been in active use for quite a while now. The 416 is less common I agree, but until a 417 comes out....

I'll take the word of serving UK forces on the MAV and other kit thanks ;) strangely enough, they seem to know what they're on about. I can only guess where you get your information. I assume it's from these pictures you go on about?

Yes, there was a pic doing the rounds of a 'suspected' UKSF in full multicam, and RAV. But clothing (and all other kit) is mission specific. If the trooper needs to be greener, they'll put a green jacket on, don't you agree?

Right, lets clear this up.

The 417 isn't in active service, in the sense that it hasn't been completely adopted. It's still being trialled.

I can only guess where you're getting your information, it sounds like you've been talking to soldiers that have been playing too close to the poppy fields.

Edited by Misfit
lets see proof of these 417s in service

also, WHAT uk forces using a mav?

some squaddie with one over his osprey does not count.

36 pages of UKSF info on ASC, from serving troops. That's enough for me. But then you can't read that can you? ;)

The TT MAV is 'apparently' a popular private purchase for troops at all levels, not just SF. Why would a squaddie with one over his Osprey not count then? I would have thought that was exactly the type of evidence you'd want?

Back to topic by any chance or have you got more trolling to do?