DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

'Fellowz'

Desi DPM for authenticity. So you can copy the loadout accurately, I think SAS in a woodland/ Jungle environment would use different gear than the stuff in the previous pages.

good luck with your loadout

k

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, if you're going for a loadout based on those pics, the uniform you wear is inconsequential compared to the gear. To really get the look you need an L119A1, MICH, Paraclete RAV, and PVS-21s (no hope!). As you can see, they are wearing a mix of all sorts of uniforms underneath a fairly standardised set of gear (customised to suit the operator).

If you are getting a woodland DPM combat shirt, then in terms of practicality I cannot fault the Warrior line of gear. Whether a RICAS is necessary (you don't need a plate carrier, as you aren't being shot at) is up to you, but the OD will work well and Warrior kit is great quality. If you take the OD then it will also work with desert kit (not the green RAVs in the SAS pics, sometimes on top of desert DPM). If you're going green, you have to be green, bu if you're going desert, cam doesn't matter so much, so OD mixed in works quite well.

or i could go with a warrior R.I.C.A.S compact in TAN or OD and mix and match pouches

Im gonna get one of these myself in TAN and use it with my new Multicam and then later Dessie DPM, just means I get two sets of pouches in each colour and then mount it to a plain base.

Good enough for me and it saves the expense of buying a dedicated carrier for each pattern straight away :D

That 2nd dude from the right looks like he has some crazy looking muzzle on his G36 there.

Carbacca could you get a pic of the Kiwi combats laid out please so i can see what there layout is like.

Grim

haha yeah its a little gimmick we call a "loudener" and it works pretty well, completely changes the sound coming out of the muzzle, and you can hear it for miles, goes like this, works best on short-medium barrel gun

img0184eu9.jpg

9485458bda2445.jpg

this is my old set, the harness webbing

P6110071Medium.jpg

img2978tu7dj8.jpg

and my new (though chronologically older, hence the paint) vest webbing

948408082ababd.jpg

Edited by carbacca

To qoute the guy from the gun store when homer goes to buy a gun " You probably want the accessory kit!!! Holster! Bandolier! Silencer! Loudener! Speed cocker! Aaaand This is for shooting down police helicopters!" lol

The Harness stuff looks quite nice do you have a better picture of it. and that vest is quite nice. i have just gotten a new battle vest by Raven i will post a picture up of it shortly. The vest you have looks great for ammo capacity how many mags can u carry in that bad boy. And is there a reason there is only one pouch on the upper right hand side compared to the tw oon the upper left?

Grim

p1010046mediumzz7.jpg

yeah the one thing the new zealand army gear is actually good for is carrying ridiculous amount of mags, not as extreme in real life with 30rd as opposed to 300rd mags i guess. with the vest i can get 3x m4 mags per small pouch, or 2x AUG/G36 mags so thats 21x m4 mags or 14x other mags. the top right pouch has been removed by the previous user to help with shouldering since its in that annoying spot if you have that pouch full. i picked up that vest for 50 bux which if you do the maths is like 15 pounds lol

Edited by carbacca

Ahh i see. yeah i have had problems with shouldering in the past with other vests etc. That web set looks very nice. i can see similarities to the British issue PLCE. But with several differences. Any ways as promised heres the picture of my Raven Battlevest. Im going to sell off my Pointman vest as the raven vest should fulfil all the roles i need it for.

RavenBattleVest.jpg

Grim

Er just the issue one. Like this?

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/photos/dptav6nx500a.jpg

A few people had them, they looked a lot comfier than webbing.

I've got that vest, I use it whenever we take the landies out for a spin in the green and leafy stuff. Having all the pouches on your front as opposed to around your hips and back really helps when you're sitting in a vehicle, but it's not great for assaulting. I can't get the tops of the mag pouches to completely conceal the mags when there's three in each pouch, and you've got a maximum capacity of six magazines with that vest. If you've got blank mags, the pouches are even more annoying because of the yellow nub on the outside getting caught everywhere. Other than that though, I love it.

Point to note, it'll probably feel pretty big when you first try it on, but if you put armour on underneath it and load up your battle-boobs (combat jacket pockets) then you'll find you've expanded to fill the space.

Edit: Just thought I'd throw in an amazing hi-res pic of me in said vest...

patrol_cropped.jpg

Edited by morpcat

Yeah, the rocks said that it's a sod to get a mag out if you're on your belt-buckle in one of them. To be fair, my unit is predominantly vehicle-borne, so that must be why we can get hold of them easy enough. Also, it seems a bit gash having webbing when the only thing I'll be assaulting is the Pizza Hut at KAB :P

Edited by doc_newstead

Thats why i have opted for the Raven vest dues to increased ammo capacity. And Morpcat has nailed pretty much the same as i was gonna say. So i dont think i can add much to that. But a vest over webbing has advantages and vice versa. but if ur only skirmishing then a vest may be a better option. as i have used vests alot and when i have to go back to webbing for certain training in the TA i hate it. Any ways guys i will try and get some pics up soon of me in that new raven vest. And Morpcat great "Hi-Res" Pic dude lol Is that your Bergen or just a patrol pack?

Grim

Hey all, I figure that this is the best place to ask..

Do any of you know where I can get one of these http://www.britkitdirect.co.uk/products/no...ol_pack_dpm.htm for cheaper than £60?

I want the PLCE version, not a WebTex copy..

Any help would be much appreciated, after this I'll turn to eBay.

Thanks,

Tom