DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That bayonet is actually the rubber replica of the US bayonet taped to his barrel. Have a shop around you can get them from most places. (Note to self buy replacment for lost bayonet)

Grim

Edited by Grim

Cheers, as GRIM says it was the K9 bayonet that i used on my M4 before selling it, taped it to my L85 back in March and got 2 kills then so taped it to my rifle this shoot. Played 3 rounds before realising it was too long, and ended up shoving it in my helmet straps, still managed to get a knif kill after dropping my L85 and assault vest and charging 100 yards across open ground, video soon.

Lewis, indeed they are ESS V12's but on the day i only had the dark inserts and playing in thick woodland meant i could see absolutely nothing. I've already packed the amber and clear inserts into my bergan for next time.

Sean

Hmm for my eyes that is more brown than Brits. On the other hand it could look more like Dutch but I'm really bad to recognise different patterns. :P

Well there are 2 explanations for it being more brown...the first is mud the second doesn't need going into...lol

Rather substantial update, but still a WORK IN PROGRESS! :)

2nd BN 'The Poachers', Royal Anglian Regiment

Basra, Iraq 2008

buzzdpmnewvu9.jpg

buzzdpmnew2lh4.jpg

KITLIST [WORK-IN-PROGRESS]:

MK6 Combat Helmet

- Issue DDPM Cover (Elastic removed)

Bolle X800 Goggles

Issue DDPM Tropical Shirt

Issue DDPM Tropical Trousers

Issue DDPM Leather Combat Gloves

Osprey Body Armour, DDPM

- Replica Armour Plates

CQC Load Carrying Tactical Vest, DDPM

1no. Helmet Bag Pouch, DDPM (Used as Utility/Radio)

1no. Torch Pouch, DDPM

3no. SA80 5.56mm Ammo Pouches, DDPM

2no. Frag Grenade Pouches, DDPM

1no. Small Utility Pouch, DDPM

1no. Medical Pouch, DDPM

Warrior Assault Systems Assault Pack, Tan

- Union Jack Patch & Nametape, Multicam

Mini Maglite Torch

IR Cylumes

Petzl Zipka Plus

Tracpac Desert Boots, Tan

That's it for now. So far i'm really liking it. I know Grim doesn't like the pack,

but to me it works perfectly, and looks better than my Karrimor Sabre. :P

Still to get:

- NBC band for helmet, although I actually like the current look.

- ESS V-12 Advancer goggles, again I like the Bolles but I suppose the Advancers would be more authentic.

- Kneepads, probably tan Alta or Hatch ones...not the issue ones as i've heard bad reports. However, it is looking fine without kneepads.

- SA80 A2, which being 17 is quite a tricky point. I will definately have this for my 'finished' pics though, even if it's borrowed!

- Knife or SA80 Bayonet, probably go for the Gerber LMF II knife.

- Bowman headset/radio, I will buy a replica Bowman for use with an actual radio, then do a bit of fake wiring to a real broken Bowman PRR for my finished pics.

- Get it DIRTY! As well as marking everything with name, blood-type, ZAP etc.

Timescale on getting this finished shouldn't actually be very long now, most of the

stuff I need is reasonably easy to get, and then i'll just play around and add as many

of the details as I can. ;)

Constructive critism welcomed as usual, but please bear in mind it is a WIP.

Edited by buzzsaw
2bn Anglians werent in Iraq in 2007/8 ... :?

Hmmm, no idea dude...I'm going off what it says on the RAR Noticeboard on the Army website;

"May 2008:

Poachers deploy to Iraq"

EDIT: http://www2.army.mod.uk/royalanglian/regim...rters/index.htm

Sorry if that's incorrect info, just going off what I saw. :mellow:

Edited by buzzsaw
Rather substantial update, but still a WORK IN PROGRESS! :)

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6876/buzzdpmnewvu9.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8127/buzzdpmnew2lh4.jpg

KITLIST [WORK-IN-PROGRESS]:

MK6 Combat Helmet

- Issue DDPM Cover (Elastic removed)

Bolle X800 Goggles

Issue DDPM Tropical Shirt

Issue DDPM Tropical Trousers

Issue DDPM Leather Combat Gloves

Osprey Body Armour, DDPM

- Replica Armour Plates

CQC Load Carrying Tactical Vest, DDPM

1no. Helmet Bag Pouch, DDPM (Used as Utility/Radio)

1no. Torch Pouch, DDPM

3no. SA80 5.56mm Ammo Pouches, DDPM

2no. Frag Grenade Pouches, DDPM

1no. Small Utility Pouch, DDPM

1no. Medical Pouch, DDPM

Warrior Assault Systems Assault Pack, Tan

- Union Jack Patch & Nametape, Multicam

Mini Maglite Torch

IR Cylumes

Petzl Zipka Plus

Tracpac Desert Boots, Tan

That's it for now. So far i'm really liking it. I know Grim doesn't like the pack,

but to me it works perfectly, and looks better than my Karrimor Sabre. :P

Still to get:

- NBC band for helmet, although I actually like the current look.

- ESS V-12 Advancer goggles, again I like the Bolles but I suppose the Advancers would be more authentic.

- Kneepads, probably tan Alta or Hatch ones...not the issue ones as i've heard bad reports. However, it is looking fine without kneepads.

- SA80 A2, which being 17 is quite a tricky point. I will definately have this for my 'finished' pics though, even if it's borrowed!

- Knife or SA80 Bayonet, probably go for the Gerber LMF II knife.

- Bowman headset/radio, I will buy a replica Bowman for use with an actual radio, then do a bit of fake wiring to a real broken Bowman PRR for my finished pics.

- Get it DIRTY! As well as marking everything with name, blood-type, ZAP etc.

Timescale on getting this finished shouldn't actually be very long now, most of the

stuff I need is reasonably easy to get, and then i'll just play around and add as many

of the details as I can. ;)

Constructive critism welcomed as usual, but please bear in mind it is a WIP.

Very nice! A couple of final touches needed but nothing major like you said.

- ESS V-12s are a must. They aren't especially great for airsofting though, so you might find you want to get a pair of ESS ICE glasses and leave the V-12s on the helmet. You can get V-12s for £30 and ICE for about £35, PM me if you need links. You have to have at least one of these two because no other eye protection can be worn out there.

- Not everyone does the whole elastic band thing. It was originally a para thing (to prevent covers slipping during jumps), but the look has caught on. Green or brown sniper tape would work just as well (as long as it's the proper stuff)

- Kneepads you have freedom of choice. Go for what's comfortable. There's a lot of the normal Blackhawk and Hatch kneepads being used, and a lot of issue ones are used as well. The issue ones have a good foam pad on them, but the straps are very thin and do hurt after some time.

- You just need a Cavalvy Toto II headset, and that will work with your normal radio. If you have a broken PRR, make sure you get right pouch, and then your fake wiring idea sounds pretty cool.

- Boots! You need Meindl Desert Foxes. You can get these for about £60-70 and hey are really good boots!

- UBACS! It's summer!

Very nice! A couple of final touches needed but nothing major like you said.

- ESS V-12s are a must. They aren't especially great for airsofting though, so you might find you want to get a pair of ESS ICE glasses and leave the V-12s on the helmet. You can get V-12s for £30 and ICE for about £35, PM me if you need links. You have to have at least one of these two because no other eye protection can be worn out there.

- Not everyone does the whole elastic band thing. It was originally a para thing (to prevent covers slipping during jumps), but the look has caught on. Green or brown sniper tape would work just as well (as long as it's the proper stuff)

- Kneepads you have freedom of choice. Go for what's comfortable. There's a lot of the normal Blackhawk and Hatch kneepads being used, and a lot of issue ones are used as well. The issue ones have a good foam pad on them, but the straps are very thin and do hurt after some time.

- You just need a Cavalvy Toto II headset, and that will work with your normal radio. If you have a broken PRR, make sure you get right pouch, and then your fake wiring idea sounds pretty cool.

- Boots! You need Meindl Desert Foxes. You can get these for about £60-70 and hey are really good boots!

- UBACS! It's summer!

Thanks Morpcat (your old UK Desert Guide helps! :P )

- I've actually got a pair of ESS ICE that are my standard skirmishing eye protection...but they seem to be mega-uncomfy under the Mk6. I will definately be putting the V-12s on my helmet for authenticity though.

- I'll try and pick some of those Meindl's up. I actually had no idea until re-reading your guide that they are issue!

- UBACS...yes...urm....I'll get down the gym first :P

EDIT: Forgot to ask...do most guys snip the fingers off their issue gloves? Wasn't sure.

Edited by buzzsaw
Yes indeed nice gear Swatman.

Has somebody any idea which army this soldier with DPM might be? Imo it's not Brit or Dutch DPM. Indonesian maybe?

pic

Yep realised the guys outside the chopper are US.

Stable belt of the bloke in the chopper makes me think of the Royal Regiment of Wales. How old is the picture?

Oooh... close! I'd say it was Int Corps rather than RR Wales, because the white stripe is a bit wide and the green is well... Slimey. Also, I don't think anyone except Int Corps would wear a stable belt on an ex like that. If the pic is from within the last two years that'll obviously settle things, but in the meantime I'd be fairly confident to say Int.

Edit: Oh God he's got twisties on as well... Cringe

Wow. Things are a bit out of place but... Wow. Really nice pics.

Edited by morpcat