DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you can see, very much an Airsofter DPM load-out, but I'm quite pleased overall with how it's worked.

dsc00019wn9.jpg

dsc00025ev8.jpg

dsc00028vb7.jpg

dsc00031xg8.jpg

dsc00020jk4.jpgdsc00021aj5.jpg

dsc00022mm0.jpgdsc00038sb7.jpg

Not having a terribly large amount of locker room in my bedspace here, I have to get all my kit sent home and sort of build up the thing in my mind as I go along until I get leave, hence the evident lack of prep. time. Had a bit of a nightmare adjustment wise with the first line, but not being used to this American style setup I think it's probably a matter of practice. Inspiration from many sources, bit of COD4 SAS in there, some taken from other load-outs in this thread (cheers to Grim in particular) and some of my own experience of course.

I can probably just about remember a kit list if anyone fancies it.

As you can see, very much an Airsofter DPM load-out, but I'm quite pleased overall with how it's worked.

I can probably just about remember a kit list if anyone fancies it.

Where did you get the ACU cut dpm combats? Are they the ones listed on ebaybanned?

While the ones on EBB are a good product innovation wise, the DPM pattern and colours in particular are pretty badly off, so no didn't go for them. The trousers are current standard issue, the drop-legs unfortunately prevent quick access of the map pockets but what can you do. Shirt is a temperate DPM UBACS, the sleeves are massive for some reason (even taking in to account my matchstick arms) and unfortunately it doesn't feature velcro on the closure flap for the pockets, but overall very well made, excellent elbow padding. When I got mine there were a few up on eBay and survivalaids but now all I can seem to find is desert ones; which are presumably quite a bit easier to get hold of seeing as they're actual issue kit where temperate ones aren't yet (plus there's there's a whole lot more demand for desert of course).

Edit, just remembered, here we go:

dsc00042wa7.jpg

Edited by CKinnerley

Unlucky, I reckon some will turn up again soon enough though, they must be selling so makes sense to produce more.

It's not a plate carrier though, it's a Pointman MOLLE vest (with pouch set). Underneath it I've got an actual issue plate carrier, one of the old school ones which fit plates the size of your little finger nail, not the best bit of kit ever and doesn't pad things out much, but it's the only temperate DPM plate carrier I could think of and find at the time, very cheap to. The combat kit stuff does look pretty good, but I decided to go with the pointman in the end, easier to achieve the exact look I wanted.

O thanks, I thought it could've been the UBACS, but couldn't see the sweat-wicking green portion in your other photos so I assumed it could've been the ACU cut combats. Thanks though and good looking loadout. I like how you've taken liberties with them and my brother will be doing the same since PLCE and the MK6 isn't very convenient in a very dense foliage field...

not a fan of the excessive green on the pouches tho.

To be fair, a lot of the pouches are covered by my arm/weapon in those pics, they do all have green edging admittedly, but the triple 40mm grenade pouch on my upper left there is the only one with completely green securing flaps.

O thanks, I thought it could've been the UBACS, but couldn't see the sweat-wicking green portion in your other photos so I assumed it could've been the ACU cut combats. Thanks though and good looking loadout. I like how you've taken liberties with them and my brother will be doing the same since PLCE and the MK6 isn't very convenient in a very dense foliage field...

Fair assumption to make really. The next on my to-do list is actually a proper PLCE loa-out (RAF specific), the helmet I've got there is a Mk6 (original without kevlar, not the 'a' update) and I've got issue boots and the lightweight jacket, just need the webbing itself and waiting on an ICS L85. PLCE certainly isn't the most customisable or the coolest looking out there it has to be said, but it is still current issue for green ops. and it's what I did my training in so I'm far more familiar with it than MOLLE, excellent for prone movement/firing as well.

Dammit, can't edit my posts any more. Well I got around to dredging around the old grey matter and came up with a kit list, think everything's there:

Clothing:

Temperate DPM UBACS, with subdued union flag and RAF tactical flash

Current Issue CS95 trousers

Oakley 8” black boots

OD US Nomex flight gloves

1000 mile socks, very important!

Hatch NK45 OD Neoprene knees pad(s)

Head gear:

Original Mk6. helmet with new chinstrap fitted

Issue helmet cover

IR Reflective band

ESS NVG Goggles, foam removed and dark tinted lense fitted

One hole spandex type black balaclava

1st Line:

US LC3 belt

Issue DPM hip protector pad

OD Blackhawk SERPA holster for 1911, RH

Drop leg ammo pouch in DPM, fits 2 x pistol magazines and 4 x 5.56 STANAG, fastex clips 'disabled'

2nd Line:

Pointman vest platform and pouches -

4 x Double ammo

1 x Medium utility

1 x Triple 40mm grenade

1 x Double frag grenade

1 x Radio/Smoke pouch (currently holding medium NATO field dressing)

1 x Hydration carrier

CamelBack 'Storm'

Subdued union flag, blood type patch, 6 x lightsticks and Magpul MOLLE speed threader

Issue temperate DPM armour plate carrier underneath it all

Weapons:

CA M15A4 SPC

ACM EoTech 552

CA RIS mounted long type M203

ICS flip-up rear sight

3 x black Magpul rail covers

Guarder black 3-point sling

TM M1911A1

Thanks, The pouches have been battered through actual REAL use! ZOMG! :D

The pouch that i use for my water bottle is actually an entrenching tool pouch ;) but a little old infantry trick i picked up is that the Etool pouch fits the 58 pattern water bottle perfectly and is far more easy to use and access than the standard water bottle pouch.

k

And just who taught you that trick lol. Your PLCe give me flashback to my old one from before i transfered to the gunners. And im glad you are happy with it. (Also Kie ill be havin one of those Signatures for my self if ya dont mind.)

Still waiting on my Ebay banned DPMs in ACU cut :( will post up pics as soon as guys. just sit tight.

Grim

Hmm...

Anyone happen to know a DPM magazine pouch that would fit 7.62NATO magazines, FAL or G3 sized?

Otherwise my Gen Ops Assault Vest is nice, but sine my primary chocies at the moment are modified MC51s, the regular 5.56NATO mag poiuches don't work.

Of ocurse, I could see about getting WAM4 and convert it into L119A1... :)