DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

Yes Grim and I'm very lucky i have a webbing god to hand. Also Ive PM'd you the signature,

the wonders of Windows paint.

Random Guy:

Looks good, very British Army jungle warfare.

Only bit of advice only if your are aiming for a British squad look...

would be to ditch the US army webbing belt (shiny things are not good :( ) and just use the ties inside the pants and tailor the Boonie by cutting back the brim. but thats down to personal preference really.

Hear is an example from when i threw my SAS in Sierra Leone Loadout together.

dsc00606kf3.jpg

k

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My latest editions to my Osprey. Full and Half Neck guards. I have the full and half deltoid protectors en route. so will post pics as soon as they arrive. Not been on tour yest so if any of you guy who have or know let me know if these have been attached incorrectly, and if any one has any ideas as what i could fill them with in place of the actual liner??

Full guard

HPIM0397.jpg

Half guard

HPIM0398.jpg

Grim

I presumme mostly for the likes of top cover duties for when your head and shoulders are poking out of the top of a snatch lanny so it gives that little added protection.

And a top cover set up is something id like to do. Even though i will eventually be pulling said duty while on a tour best bet is to ask one of the lads on here who has been out over to iraq or afghan like darkchild or guardsman as they will have the full knowledge as to the parts and use for them.

Grim

Grim, I put cardboard in the deltoid/neck guards on my osprey and it seems to do the job but im not sure if they are too rigid or not. I also have no idea if i have the bits attatched correctly. Ill see if i can dig up a picture

Edit: Found a picture of how cardboard looks in the osprey bits, although its not a great pic

005-1-2.jpg

Edited by ianhaz

I was referring to real ones with soft armor in them. Because from the pictures posted, at the top where there is a darker tan vertical stitching about a half an inch to the right. It appears to be another vertical line which looks like it is where you insert the soft armor. I get this reasoning because while I was in the U.S. Marines, we had a similar setup on our IBA. I also have one sitting here in my room, I also had two Australians as my platoon commanders on my deployments to Iraq, they had similar flaks with collar protectors similar to this. Again, this is just my assumption and is no way 100% accurate because, obviously I don't have the thing sitting in front of me.

...consisting of a vest which covers the torso, upper arm protectors, and collar pieces which are issued in two sizes. Every piece of the system contains a soft armour insert to protect from fragmentation.

This is from wikipedia.

Fair enough, maybe there are issue inserts. It would surprise me knowing brit kit, but it would make more sense if there were.

Err.. not maybe. There are inserts for them. The shoulder and neck protectors are just soft armour designed primarily to protect to poor bloke doing top cover from all the ###### kicked around by a roadside bomb. As with the plates and the soft armour for the rest of it, it's all held in theatre.

Indeed... soft inserts as in the old CBAs. I have a few neck protectors that some muppet has slashed open to get the inserts out. Can be easily glued or fixed together again. PM me if anyone wants some very cheap.

Anyway, here's one of my DPM shemaghs:

Picture491.jpg

It's a proper lightweight shemagh. The pattern can be seen better in this photo:

Picture492.jpg

And Canadian DPM Para smock:

Picture387.jpg

Picture389.jpg

NZ DPM jungle trousers:

Picture400.jpg

The arm guards arrived today while i was out so took a few preliminary pics

HPIM0400.jpg

HPIM0399.jpg

And picked this up 2day as well. desert british AFV coverall

HPIM0401.jpg

Going to attach one of the guard sets to my osprey and get some pics tomorrow hopfully.

Grim

Some nice bits of kit and a load-out there from fellowz, the M14 just fits somehow...

Got a set of those coveralls in DPM a little while back, says 'Training use only' inside so I presumed it might be one of those random bits of kit you'd only see on one little training base somewhere far away from anywhere. Not a clue what to do with it really, not terribly interested in a tanker load-out and nothing else really comes to mind, what you gonna do with yours grim?

Not to sure yet the idea was something SF or like the US marines do with the tan flight suit insteead of combats. Although a mate of mine is saying combine it with my osprey for a top cover loadout . Other than that they will get used in the hanger when im at the TA tinkering with the guns or vehicles.

Another thing guys how the hell do i mount there arm guard correctly??? none of this would be a problem if id managed to make it onto the last tour :headbutt:

Grim

Not to sure yet the idea was something SF or like the US marines do with the tan flight suit insteead of combats. Although a mate of mine is saying combine it with my osprey for a top cover loadout . Other than that they will get used in the hanger when im at the TA tinkering with the guns or vehicles.

Another thing guys how the hell do i mount there arm guard correctly??? none of this would be a problem if id managed to make it onto the last tour :headbutt:

Grim

Take those snaps, and snap them on the osprey so it is like a shoulder pad. Then that velcro strap goes around your bicep.

Edited by Fatal