DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i filled the neck and arm guards and also figured out how the smaller parts mount so hes its the finished osprey with half collar and full arm guards

HPIM0403.jpg

HPIM0404.jpg

HPIM0405.jpg

HPIM0406.jpg

HPIM0407.jpg

And the green stuff is my old roll mat that i used to fill the guards

HPIM0408.jpg

Next on the Agenda fill the vest (Unfortunatly i only have enough roll mat for 1 side :( )

Grim

Now, I could be wrong. But those smaller ones seem to be you switch between the big or the small. While I was in the U.S. Marines alot of guys who went on convoys were issued the shoulder protection. We were told that it was only for people on mounted patrols and regular infantry would use them. Which to me makes sense, they are bulky and cumbersome. Now I have no facts what so ever to back this up. But the only people I saw where the so called "Robocop" armor were in fact either driving a armored vehicle or popped up on the turret.

So with that said I would think the smaller one would be for like dismounted patrols / infantry and the bigger ones would be for like mounted soldiers and crewman. Also with the neck protector, alot of Marines would pull the neck protector down, sort of roll it to the outer side of the flak. This was to get it off of their neck and get some more range of motion and comfort. Imagine, wearing that thing for 12+ hours a day, its gonna get caked with sweat and rub on your neck.

The reason I am telling you all of this is so you have a little tidbit of info. I mean yeah, you just bought that gucci kit and want to use it and of course its gonna be up too you. but here are some pics-

89368xd21.jpg

32528371vb61.jpg

32590107ft81.jpg

ranges11.jpg

Looks like you might be right if you look at the gunner in the back of the truck.

00904932of31.jpg

00904933jf01.jpg

Here I don't see the smaller piece on the osprey though.

Since im an idiot and can't get the pics to show up, here's the link to them and more.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

Edited by Fatal

Grim I'm very impressed, you don't often see a full Osprey system used by airsofters. (let alone real soldiers) I suppose this completes your top-cover loadout.

Ubar: How is his Rank slide random in the slightest?

Fatal: Yes the British army works on a modular system where levels of Armour and protection is used in accordance to the surroundings and threat level.

So for a top cover loadout in an urban environment full protection is practically mandatory.

45147808vr9.jpg

k

Rank slide is a bit random...

It might seem random but i moved from the Duke of Lancasters to the Artillery and i am also an instructor in the ACF where i am still badged as a Duke. Along with the fact in our team we use the british army rank structure. so i used my spare Dukes slide. Hope that clears up the randomness lol.

And yes Kie i believe my top cover loadout is now complete besides not having a snatch lanny. But im sure ur dads cars sun roof will suffice lol.

Anyways on with the pictures gentlemen we must have more DPM goodness!!!!!

Grim

From my local army surplus store for £20 he has just gotten a load of them in. I would give you the website but its pretty useless its better going into the shop itself. The cover all is pretty comfy and fits well, me and my friend Kie are thinking up some for of load out to go with it at the moment.

Grim

Edited by Grim

My ebay banned DPMs finally arrived (after nearly a months wait)

The colours arent to bad i have seen worse colouring for DPMs i think after a little dusting up they should look just right.

HPIM0409.jpg

HPIM0410.jpg

Grim

Gotta be quick off the draw these days morp lol.

But unfortunatly i could not find you any trousers Pkekyo.

Morpcat this is your cue to find the trousers lol.

And sizes errrrr yeah, im not to well up on the conversions i just say small med and large lol im sure one of the other lads on here knows the size conversions. sorry i couldnt help on the trousers or sizes.

Grim

Edited by Grim

You rang?

the system is Leg/Waist/Seat in CM

they go up in set waist sizes like jeans:

76cm > 29.92 in

80cm > 31.50 in

84cm > 33.07 in

88cM > 34.65 in

92cm > 36.22 in

96cm > 37.80 in

100cm > 39.37 in