DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

Lol, don't shoot the lackey! My team leader is a seasoned British military vet, having served tours in north ireland, desert storm, and some other tours which don't come to mind at the moment.... This is what he recommended we use lol.... But I never meant to say that the SAS ever used the gear, just that its supposed to look like the stuff they used... Oh, and he said webtex is a good brand and highly regarded.... so much for that..... what d the sizes mean on those smocks though :huh: thanks guys, Hopefully my team leader won't be so stubborn as to make me get the webtex ###### :/

EDIT:

WOW I love that website... You guys just saved me a ton of money.... They quoted me 60-odd pounds for 2x trousers, two smocks, a balaclava and a supposedly mil issued desert dpm vest.... 20 pounds for shipping :( Its alot, but its still a heluva lot cheaper for better gear...... Now I just need to order that, the arktis vest, some magazines, and a pryme headset and I've got two full dpm loadouts... AWESOME!

But I still don't get the sizing... Its in inches, right? Well for us bdus I am a small regular.... which means:

S-R

Small Regular

trousers: waist: 27 - 31 inseam: 29½ - 32½ shirts: height:67 - 71 chest: 33 - 37

so I think that would make me a 32 pant and 36-38 jacket/shirt in that british surplus website, right?

Edited by Vercingetorix
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another quick Q: What is the best place, in your informed opinions, to get a dessert dpm camelbak? 40 pounds is a helluva lot of money for your bog standard camelbak :(

Oh, and when I finally get my loadout together, please don't rip me a new ###### for wearing a berret, it too, is regrettably part of are mandatory team loadout :(

Edited by Vercingetorix
Oh, and when I finally get my loadout together, please don't rip me a new ###### for wearing a berret, it too, is regrettably part of are mandatory team loadout :(

Nothing wrong at all with berets, everyone in the British military wears them. The only important things are choosing one of an appropriate colour (marine commando green for example would be a bad idea) and shaping it properly.

Yes, but some people get annoyed because I never earned it with military service, etc.... And its red berets for us I think... Once I measure my headsize(why is it that nobody in india has measuring tape?!) and I'll have it... I can't wait till I am back in the us, I'll be getting a bunch of new stuff..... Oh, and for the camelbak, I think I'll just get a new one eventually, because I like the the omega bladders better..... and I am unsure of whether I need it or not... Also, anyone know of a good light day pack in dpm or ddpm? Just in case I decide to get one in the future.....

Edited by Vercingetorix
Yes, but some people get annoyed because I never earned it with military service, etc.... And its red berets for us I think...

Well that's a bit contradictory... It depends on the shade of red, but the most well known people for wearing red berets are soldiers in the Parachute regiment, who are notoriously proud of their unit and associated insignia/badges etc. Much like the marines I'm pretty sure they have to complete an extremely tough and gruelling training course before they're allowed to wear that beret, so yes you most likely will annoy a few people by wearing the same colour.

(apologies to everyone for the lack of DPM pictures by the way, I would like to give my sincere assurances that I will be making up for this blatant and inexcusable failure very soon).

Well that's a bit contradictory... It depends on the shade of red, but the most well known people for wearing red berets are soldiers in the Parachute regiment, who are notoriously proud of their unit and associated insignia/badges etc. Much like the marines I'm pretty sure they have to complete an extremely tough and gruelling training course before they're allowed to wear that beret, so yes you most likely will annoy a few people by wearing the same colour.

In actual fact, red berets are only worn by the Royal Military Police (RMP). The Parachute Regiment wear maroon berets, and yes you are correct, paras and marines have to undergo some very gruelling training to earn those colours, so some people may get annoyed to see you wear them, but as long as you are respecting your adopted regiment and not big-timing it as if you are one of them, you'll be fine. ;)

Thats a good question. none of my lads know yet. they normally let u know on the website. i have one the guys checking daily. Would of had more pics but i was out of action on the saturday with a fever managed to get 2 hours play in b4 being dragged back to the tents to rest up.

Grim

Neither. New release from Geko Tactical. there were loads of us wearing then at the GZ event i think they released them at the weekend as a new product as they were snapped up very quickly.

Grim

You got a link for that mate?

Google can't find it :(

Cheers

Two of me (With the Minimi in the 5.11 green shirt) defending Outpost 7 at the GZ weekend event. (Note DPM Bijans = the sex)

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/Gr...ad/DSC00431.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/Gr...ad/DSC00434.jpg

Grim

Ahh, had great fun throwing myself at outpost 7 sunday morning lol you may have seen me, the nob in dessie fleck who decided it would be fun to only use his AEP scorpion all mornin? lol

Nice set up :) and yeah, I don't know who won either but I don't really care tbh, I just go for the s&$*s and giggles really lol

Ahh, had great fun throwing myself at outpost 7 sunday morning lol you may have seen me, the nob in dessie fleck who decided it would be fun to only use his AEP scorpion all mornin? lol

Nice set up :) and yeah, I don't know who won either but I don't really care tbh, I just go for the s&$*s and giggles really lol

I remember seeing you attacking outpost 7 i was up on heartbreak ridge trying to organise my rabble and decide what objective to take next. (OP7 or stag camp) I saw one of those scorpions in the shop tent and was gutted i was like wow i want one but zero one had brought me a KSC Glock18C, (now thats a fun gun lol) i would have bought a scorpion if i had the cash. how did yours handle?

Grim