DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

My latest loadout loosly based on what appears to be AFV crew members (And ye i know i dont have a SUSAT or L22A1 so i improvised and used my SA80A2 carbine with Aimpoint)

here the reference pic

drayson2.jpg

and heres my pics

HPIM0435.jpg

HPIM0434.jpg

HPIM0433.jpg

HPIM0432.jpg

also i didnt ad the patches as they appred to me royal marine so didnt add anything as you always find one arsey marine who complains (besides im a para fan more lol)

Grim

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ISAF - International Security Assistance Force, an International Peacekeeping force which is NATO Lead in essence.

Viking - A type of Armoured vehicle used by the Royal Marines, technical data below:

BVS 10 Viking Specifications

Engine 6 Cylinder in-line diesel

Max Power 202 kw (275 HP)

Max Torque 950 Nm @ 1500 rpm

Transmission Automatic 6-speed forward / 1 reverse

Maximum speed 65 kph on road

5 kph in water

Range on roads 300km

Tracks Moulded rubber with cord

Weight

front car 5000 kg

rear car 3500kg

Dimensions

Length 7.6 m

Width 2.2 m

Height 2.2 m (front car) 2.1 m (rear car)

Operating Temps

max +49 °C

min - 46 °C

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/images...K_Trials_lg.jpg

Just a quick post in reply...

Ahhh the Viking that little tracked vehicle that they started usin in cold climates that little thing completly missed crossing my mind. To own one of those would be awesome.

The hats brand new so not had time to dirty it up or modifyit yet and i was to lazy to unclip my camel bak off my osprey and attach it the the vest for the pics but for field use the the camel bak will deffo be on it.

Coming soon(well when i can be bothered getting pic if not befor sunday) my complete top cover loadout(thats right its finally finished)

Grim

Edited by Grim

The rubber is the top of an old NBC boot cut off and looped on to the base of the helmet. it helps hold mis sized covers to the it and stops wear and tear on the edge of fitting covers.

Looks like 2 mags in a mag clamp on that picture as well.

Grim

Edited by Grim
Angel whats the "rubber helmet band", thats a home made I take it?

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/afghan/iok15u.jpg

In that pic the middle guy has something on his magwell, any ideas?

http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=36&cID=43

Those are the magazine couplers that 'they' use predominately, it took me ages to find them!

Looks like a readymag to me, i know they are in use.

type it in on WGC

No. 6&7 on the page

But it could be a mag coupler for all i know.

Edit:cos i don't be very good at the computery stuff

Edited by The Quarter-master

I knew (vaguely) why it's used, just not if they are more often homemade or bought.

Indeed thats the same mag coupler, I was looking more at the lower receiver and magwell area theres what looks like a logo. Not to worry and thanks for the link!

Indeed thats the same mag coupler, I was looking more at the lower receiver and magwell area theres what looks like a logo. Not to worry and thanks for the link!

I see what your talking about, its definitely not the Logo,

It appears to be a plastic disk stuck down, it could possibly be a LED torch, a pressure switch or any other device that the guy finds useful to have attached.

Cant say for sure what it is though by that photo.

Hopefully strikeforce and me will finally be able to get my order placed, but heres how its looking... everything tan or desert:

2005 Desert UKSF/SAS Issue smock

UBAC Issue combat shirt

Desert combat Trousers

Issue Dessy kneepads

Issue PLCE Vest

Issue MK2 Camelbak omega

Oakley SI assault gloves

Belleville 790 Goretex

BFG VCAS padded sling

Grey Berret

Tan ESS Profile Turbofans w/ Sprayed khaki Senasai mask lower

to be added later:

TAG padded duty belt

HSGI Lo pro suspenders

TAG Pistol mag pouches

Maxped rolly polly

Safariland MK23 6004 tan

TT waterproof 50 or 75 case

whaddaya guys think?

I am going all out on this one ^_^

EDIT: speeling :P

Edit 2: English shipping SUCKS! 30 pounds to ship the vest when the vest costs 30 pounds :( Oh well, guess thats just how its gotta be....

Edited by Vercingetorix
Don't forget that it's gonna be cheaper to ship one large order then a dozen small orders ;)

Yeah, it is one l;arge order ;) I am getting all the brit kit from strikeforce, but he said like 1-2kg or something is 20pounds to shipp, so I have to ship in separate boxes, in total costing me *gasp* nearly 100 USD..... maybe more

I cant see the point in the stuff to be added later as it subtracts from the look you will already have with the Desert gear plus the PLCE vests normally sit on the hips unlike molle plate carriers. (Yes guys ive noticed the way plate carriers do that. but all my PLCE issue vest sit snugly on the hips so the weright is very nicely distributed.) so there wont be room for adding a hi tech gucci belt kit. But the original list sounds decent enough.

Grim

Edited by Grim