DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

Agreed plus i think every British squaddie would take the ###### for wearing 'suspenders'.

To be honest the padded belt and all that stuff are not necessary with the British trousers, unlike BDU's the belt loops are exceptionally large and will fit a work belt. Advice for a drop leg would be just a normal TAG Duty Belt along with whatever holster you want.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking fit a safariland holster for my p226 to the MOLLE vest a la that pic I posted before...

I will probably get a clone plate carrier for now, it might not be an exact same one but Ill remedy that once its looking closeish

Hopefully strikeforce and me will finally be able to get my order placed, English shipping SUCKS! 30 pounds to ship the vest when the vest costs 30 pounds :( Oh well, guess thats just how its gotta be....

Yeah it sure does... it does help to make international parcels sub 2kg as they are then under the Small Package Rate which is much cheaper. That is about £20 a hit to the US. US postage is usually about half what we get raped for. Good luck with all that mate!

Thanks, I'll hopefully be talking to him tomorrow.... I guess I'll drop the first line.... I will add a safariland, and I need to find a place for MK23 mags(they are huge...) and something to easily dispose of spent mags (as I use 100rd micaps atm, and I've got a 30+rps gun, so 3 seconds of auto and they are done....) .... Anyone got a suggestion as to what to use? Also, I heard they is molle type webbing on the PLCE assault vest, where I could add a radio pouch (because I'll be running 10-12 magazines, + bbs, a radio, and a cellphone and leatherman)... is there any truth to this?

Thanks, I'll hopefully be talking to him tomorrow.... I guess I'll drop the first line.... I will add a safariland, and I need to find a place for MK23 mags(they are huge...) and something to easily dispose of spent mags (as I use 100rd micaps atm, and I've got a 30+rps gun, so 3 seconds of auto and they are done....) .... Anyone got a suggestion as to what to use? Also, I heard they is molle type webbing on the PLCE assault vest, where I could add a radio pouch (because I'll be running 10-12 magazines, + bbs, a radio, and a cellphone and leatherman)... is there any truth to this?

Spent mags would normally go back in the pouch they came from, or a smock/trouser pocket in a hot situation but i don't see any reason why you couldn't use a normal dump pouch rigged up to your belt if thats what you prefer.

Also regarding the PLCE assault vest there isn't any Molle loops on the classic version but radio pouches can be bought separately,

Although there is a nice new vest on the market which has all the classic features but with added Molle loops on the shoulders.

http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=837

Oh, if you can get radio pouches thats all I needed to know... And a shoulder pouch wouldn't work for me, because I have a big radio... Icom F4s(old I know, but I got a damned good deal on it, and it works well enough), so the antenna would be gouging my eye out with it on the shoulder.... I am gonna be talking to Strikeforce in a few minutes, hopefully getting my final order settled, and price and shipping, etc. Thanks Spacemonkey for putting me in touch with him... He's a great guy with great stuff, and is stealing all me monehs :P

Spent mags would normally go back in the pouch they came from, or a smock/trouser pocket in a hot situation

Down the front of your smock / shirt (making sure the waist is tied / tucked in) is the best option unless your wearing some form of body armour, and in most assault vests you've got a pair of general "dump" pouches either side of the vest (ususally used for a sidearm or map).

I really don't see the point (unless you're wearing CBA / ECBA / Osprey etc.) of using a dump pouch just use a clay bag or a ressie bag, though that's my opinion its up to the individual though...

I'll just get the brit kit from strikeforce for now... I talked with him today, and hopefully we'll get it all paid for and sent out sometime within the week... Then I need to convert some assets I have into cash (stupid indian monehs... I have like $400 of the stuff, but can't find a bloody place to convert it) then I'll polish of the loadout and finish up my rifle.... If I feel I still need a dumper, I'll get one, but hopefully I'll have place for everything..... oh and $120 of shipping makes me sad

I don't know if this has already been posted or not but can anyone give me a kitlist for this hot toys figure

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=3&pid=386

I'm especially trying to figure out the plate carrier they are using.

Thanks much, if its been posted, anyone willing to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

I'm especially trying to figure out the plate carrier they are using.

That Plate carrier is an Osprey Vest, available on Ebay (Search Osprey Armour cover) Flecktarn.co.uk and quite a few other surplus / militaria sites, the backpack (most likely) will be a standard Bergen in Olive green (slightly out as its olive most infantry are issued with DPM ones, or now Desert DPM)

as for the smock you can search for SAS Smock in Desert DPM or go for an Arctic Windproof in Desert DPM. for your radio set up you will need either a converted Bowman PRR Headset or a Cavalvy Toto(?) Frogman headset.

Hope this helps.

It all depends who is doing the supplying... I've come across officers supplied by the US with an M9 sidearm and random others but if its from our supply lines it will be either a MkIII Hi Power or a P226.

I've also come across squaddies being issued P226's for FIBUA operations so for an infantryman its not so strange a piece of kit.

DPM!!!

These are from today at SYA (And if you look carfully i have my full top cover load out on in a couple)

Morning saftey brief

HPIM0436.jpg

Top Cover Loadout (minus leg panel and pouches)

HPIM0437.jpg

Alan Kie and Giggs

HPIM0438.jpg

Giggs

HPIM0439.jpg

Giggs Me and Kie

HPIM0441.jpg

Me after stripping the osprey down and with a cigar in my mouth lol

HPIM0442.jpg

Better pic of me with the cigar

HPIM0443.jpg

Giggs again

HPIM0444.jpg

Kie leading the extraction of the VIP

HPIM0445.jpg

Me and Kie looking for where a shot came from

HPIM0446.jpg

Me tossing in a grenade to clear the shooters out

HPIM0447.jpg

Me entering the building (Minimi = bad for CQB)

HPIM0448.jpg

Final team pic Alan Giggs Kie and Me (look carefully at alan and u can see a sweat mark in the shape of his chest rig)

HPIM0449.jpg

Grim

Edited by Grim
  • 2 weeks later...