• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ultimatewargames.co.uk/Tonbridg...8.10.80.html#45

http://www.ultimatewargames.co.uk/Tonbridg...8.10.80.html#32

http://www.ultimatewargames.co.uk/Tonbridg...8.10.80.html#27

None of them are me, couldn't make it, from the new Ultimate Wargames site, thought I might as well put them up. There are more in the gallery.

Edited by Domz

Question to you guys.... I ran my DPM for a while and came to the conclusion that Spanish fly clips are a PITA.... SSo I set about sticking industrial strength adhesive velcro on the pouches... They don't stick very well, and always pull of.... So I am thinking it might be time for me and my mom to mod them with the sewing machine(mind you if I take the time to sew velcro on, I'll be picking up some milspec desert tan velcro :P).... How would you guys say is best to sew em on? LIke how many times to reinforce the sticking around the corners? And how many times diagonally though the middle? Oh, and what thread would be the best to use for this?

Thanks guys!

Also, would an OD or Khaki(preferably khaki)EPC with cumberbund and OD or khaki(preferably khaki)MAP be out of the question for an SASish sandbox loadout? I've seen a few pics with anOD EPC but no cumberbund, and I dunno if there was a map or not..... I'm by no means going for a purist loadout(using an SR-15 IWS carbine certainly doesn't make me fit any loadout lol)

Currently running an issue PLCE desert "waistcoat" assault vest....

Edited by Vercingetorix

If you're doing SAS sandbox I'd take a gander at these. Which IIRC is mostly RAV in SG? So it depends, if you're not going exact then its up to you really, haven't seen any khaki vests around though.

Im sure someone else will have a better reply if you hang about!

Edited by Domz

Personally I've never liked just having one closure system on a pouch. Velcro, obviously, but I've alway had something else, be it side-release, snap-dragon or Spanish-fly.

For the PLCE pouches, on my webbing at home, I went at removed all the Spanish-fly closures and replaced them with ITW-Nexus surface-mount clips in RG. Works great and keeps secure. It was a snap to put on too, just unstitch the former closure, sew on a 4" length of 1" webbing to the top flap, punch four holes for the bottom clip and put together. Top about 10 minutes per pouch.

Personally I've never liked just having one closure system on a pouch. Velcro, obviously, but I've alway had something else, be it side-release, snap-dragon or Spanish-fly.

For the PLCE pouches, on my webbing at home, I went at removed all the Spanish-fly closures and replaced them with ITW-Nexus surface-mount clips in RG. Works great and keeps secure. It was a snap to put on too, just unstitch the former closure, sew on a 4" length of 1" webbing to the top flap, punch four holes for the bottom clip and put together. Top about 10 minutes per pouch.

Where could I purchase these in some deserty(Like khaki) color? Better yet, where could I get an ITW Nexus Catipillar snap? That looks like something that would eliminate the need for velcro, and still be adjustable if I ever get those PMAGs w/ Ranger pates I've wanted :P(I have the desert waistcoat) I was thinking I'd also put the emdom milspec velcro, because when your being shot at, its much easier for someone who hasn't developed the muscle memory to close and not loose the contents..... What thread did you use to stitch it?

EDIT: I am a small guy(only 15, small framed), an RAV=HUGE! I'd be swimming in an Arktis 1601/2 :( Let alone an RAV.... Hence why I was thinking somethign smaller/cheaper, like the RAV or the Paraclete plate carier, etc.

Edited by Vercingetorix

newloadout.jpg

I was given this NBC top about a week back, and is pretty awesome for airsoft; I borrowed a friends ages ago and loved it- it's bulky enough that you can hide a decent fleece under there if you need warmth, or if it's summer it's equally breezy with just a t-shirt beneath it. Trousers dont quite match it, but I'm not pedantic enough to change them. Almost wish warrior made the rig I have in DPM, but OD still looks ok over the top.

Edited by Crumbelievable

God its Good to be back. Heres a few pictures from camp. I cant wait to get back out on to the skirmish field though i think i will be avoiding DPM for a month or so lol.

Ryu looking a lil like pvt piles

CopyofHPIM0451.jpg

Spinxy and Padre out cold

CopyofHPIM0452.jpg

Webby doin his boots lol

CopyofHPIM0456.jpg

The Cat enjoying what he does best! Nothing.

CopyofHPIM0465.jpg

Becca, Ash and kiesh in the bacl of the wagon.

CopyofHPIM0464.jpg

Me Big D and Ryu in the back of the wagon

CopyofHPIM0463.jpg

Gun number 2 of which i was amember of the crew (until it broke my finger)

TAOtterburnTraining.jpg

Grim

Well guys i finally got the rest of the open top pouches for my osprey and gave it a revamp. and a total of 10 mags capacity (12 including leg rig) and got a bickle set to keep it tighter fitting on my. so heres some initial pics to begin with.

Front

HPIM0466.jpg

Back(with camelback lifted out of shot so you can see the buckles)

HPIM0467.jpg

Leg Rig

HPIM0468.jpg

Grim