DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sent you a mail i thought

Basically i'm not positive but it looks like 80s VDV amoeba pattern or possibly a naval infantry pattern.

I'd have a look at kamoflage.net, most soviet patterns are on there, yours is not a pattern i own..

Mine?

Mainly because at PU the urban areas are very dusty and dry and brit dessie works very well, but some missions use the outlying woodland so i slip a sas smock on and a ###### hat to break up the outline.

If i'm playing at phoenix woodland it temperate DPM all over.

It also helps break up a big block of solide colour.

Same reason the RM Commando wear DPM smocks with snow trousers in mixed snow/forest areas.

Its finally a more GW1 or afghanistan look where its arid but also bloody cold at times and they were not making sas smocks in dessie on large scale availability then.

Cheers. I didn't want to sound rude or anything - I was just genuinly wondering why since you use a British Army loadout, why you frequently mix patterns as its not something that I have seen (officially) done before.

Cheers. I didn't want to sound rude or anything - I was just genuinly wondering why since you use a British Army loadout, why you frequently mix patterns as its not something that I have seen (officially) done before.

Quite common actually, cleary worn in GW1 cos of limited stocks of dessie kit and my team mate Jay didnt get a full issue of dessie kit til after the second gulf war was over.

Its done in afghanistan too.

Hey gade i just checked Kamouflage.net and i believe my unknow camo may be Yugoslavian M89 pattern died blue. Other than that i can find no trace of it any where. Check it out the pattern seems consistant.

Grim

It is quite possible you have a Milija version of the M89 pattern. I suggest getting in touch with PlasticMag, he should be able to tell you if it's a Jugo pattern or not.