DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rank Slide?

We aren't allowed them so I've never bothered getting one.

I may pick one up though next time I'm in a surplus store :)

Not allowed them? WTF?!

So you're not allowed to wear S95 rank slides with S95 kit? I have to say, that is the least sensible thing I have ever heard.

Still confused el boomo ,were you an ATC cadet, an ATCinstructer or a RAF serviceman?

If you were either of the first two then i totlaly understand as your not entitled to wear rank.

If you're the latter then im *really* confused.

Edited by Gadge

sorry, i was an ATC cadet.

we didnt have to wear rank slides that slearly mark you as a cadet, just blue ones. you could get S95 rank with 'ATC' underneath but it still wasnt allowed.

i was going back as an instructor, but the ATC doesnt seem to like fieldcraft at all so i didnt bother.

heres a pic to keep on topic. some of the strange lot that i usually play with. im on the back row in the tinted goggles.

PHOT0007Medium.jpg

and a pic of me for a few years back

Skirmish009.jpg

Ah well you missed the great transition from prepping and trianig young soldiers to being the beavers in DPM

Health and safety requirements went right through the roof while i was instructing, it got to the point where it was a youth organisation and the emphasis was moving away form overtly military activity.

I used to get bollovked all the time for teaching em drills that we were not supposed to and treating cadets liek young soliders and not primary children.

Ah well you missed the great transition from prepping and trianig young soldiers to being the beavers in DPM

Health and safety requirements went right through the roof while i was instructing, it got to the point where it was a youth organisation and the emphasis was moving away form overtly military activity.

I used to get bollovked all the time for teaching em drills that we were not supposed to and treating cadets liek young soliders and not primary children.

Likewise, I stopped teaching at my local ATC squadron a year or so ago for that very same reason.

We had a very good sqn, and fortunatly the OC was ex-raf and very keen on all things green. But despite the attitude of all on the sqn wing HQ put a stop to almost anything remotely realistic. Even giving the kids wooden mock up rifles caused us to be told off.

Although all the NCO's on sqn were expected to wear S95 ranks slides when in DPMs. In fact it was S95 slides or no slides at all.

El-boomo,

Is that urban assault I see in those pics? I'll most likely have seen you there before, it's mine and the teams main site.

Edited by Eddie182

yea, its urban assault. we play there quite abit. or did until i started uni this year. but we intend to get down a bit more often.

apparently you can tell my lot from a mile off, or so ive been told, due to the masses of jokes and brews we have under fire.

as for the ATC. it was gradualy getting worse and worse over the years i was there. although when my dad became uniformed staff we started to do a few things not by the book. such as a fieldcraft course that consisted of mainly skirmishing on a piece land a nice farmer lend us.

Its a long shot, but talk to Disturbed on the DIY tactical forum, AFIK he is/was active duty in the NZ army for some time.

I figure I would repost these here, as they wont get as much appreciation in the Pics of kit thred:

para2.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

We as a team are based out of Purdue, I'd post some pics of my kit, however there all S**te. Maby when I get cleand up/not sick?

KM

Slightly old pic that i took before i went out on exercise with the ACF, however i dont usually wear my beret in the field.

img0236ajl1.th.jpg

kit list

issued beret with 9th/12th lancers post stamp

Arktis recon vest

ripstop 95 jacket

S95 ripstop combats

S95 shirt

Altberg Skywalk boots

i posted these ages ago in the gear thread but they should be here

desertdpmeh4.th.jpg

desertdpmandshemaghgt2.th.jpg

kit list

XL-1s

Dessie 95s

trapac dessie patrol boots

shemagh

Arktis recon vest

dsc00235hm1.th.jpg

basicly same kit list as top but regular 95 combats, scrim scalf, fingerless gloves, and cap.

Slightly old pic that i took before i went out on exercise with the ACF, however i dont usually wear my beret in the field.

img0236ajl1.th.jpg

kit list

issued beret with 9th/12th lancers post stamp

Arktis recon vest

ripstop 95 jacket

S95 ripstop combats

S95 shirt

Altberg Skywalk boots

i posted these ages ago in the gear thread but they should be here

desertdpmeh4.th.jpg

desertdpmandshemaghgt2.th.jpg

kit list

XL-1s

Dessie 95s

trapac dessie patrol boots

shemagh

Arktis recon vest

dsc00235hm1.th.jpg

basicly same kit list as top but regular 95 combats, scrim scalf, fingerless gloves, and cap.

@schneiderboy: Is the battery in the 2nd pic an "emergency-solution" or didn't it fit in the handguard?!

About your Susat problem: Why don't you use an ESS ICE, Bollé Viper, or some glasses like that? Very comftable, offer a wide field of view and cheap but safe!

The X800 is too bulky even if you wear an MKVI!

Likewise,  I stopped teaching at my local ATC squadron a year or so ago for that very same reason.

We had a very good sqn, and fortunatly the OC was ex-raf and very keen on all things green.  But despite the attitude of all on the sqn wing HQ put a stop to almost anything remotely realistic.  Even giving the kids wooden mock up rifles caused us to be told off.

The whole attitude to fieldcraft that Wing has taken is abysmal in my opinion. The ATC is essentially a military organisation and so fieldcraft should be one of the most central aspects. Luckily it seems that a lot of COs have taken a blind eye to their Squadrons continuing with fieldcraft. Other than that we have to resort to 'unofficial' camps to get into the more serious stuff, which is a shame because I really enjoy following RAF teaching, and not just as a bunch of mates. Other than that DPMs are only worn [at the Squadron] on shooting nights and competitions...which isn't all that bad I supose

Anyway, back on topic. DPMs on the Marham obstacle course.

post-31007-1176199253_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grumman