• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nicley done macragge.

Nice falklands era look

Stubbornbugger - why not wear plce if you're going to wear a chest rig round your hips, it sort of defeats the point of having one :)

Still if it works for you.

macragge,

Without a doubt the best looking UK loadouts I've seen done by anyone across the pond. It's actually one of the best I've seen ever.

Nicely done.

You could do with a bungee or two around your PLCE pouches to pull them all together though.

macragge,

Without a doubt the best looking UK loadouts I've seen done by anyone across the pond. It's actually one of the best I've seen ever. 

Nicely done.

You could do with a bungee or two around your PLCE pouches to pull them all together though.

Thanks. The pic is from before I learned about bungees. All nice and tight now.

Edit: I've also since replace the Webtex with issue PLCE.

Edited by maccrage
Is it just me or does new webbing always look a bit odd untill it has faded somewhat?

Nope not just you. Until it's covered in dried mud and stinking of smoke grenades it's just not the same imo.

Just like my coveralls for work, new ones don't seem right until they are a bit faded and stink of aviation fuel.

Edited by Eddie182

I must admit i wear my chest rig low. I asked one of the marshalls at my local site (ex royal marine) to help me adjust it and he said that they sit "just above the belt."

I'm pretty sure its a marine thing, a i've seen it done often by them, whereas other regiments wear them higher.

Maybe he should reload in cover then.

He does. A slight dip in the ground is cover when you're prone. The problem is the chest rig becase her has to raise his shoulder to reload. I have no trouble reloading when I'm in the same bit of cover becase my mags are stored on my flanks and I don't have to raise my shoulder to reload.

Also must +1 for both macragge's loadouts. Now we need to se you up to your nipples in mud and soaked to the skin that'll be perfect for the part.