DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

Ah, learn something new every day.

Have to get things tidied up before I get the L85.

I'm not sure why my trousers are that low in the pics, they were tied up when I put them on. The ties must have undone by the time I'd got the rest of my stuff on, will have to get something other than the things inside the trousers to do it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd take your ressie pouch off your webbing.

Your ressi pouch is supposed to be with you all the time and you cant do that if its attached to your pack.

Use the shoulderstrap/belt.

At least that what i was told by the training team of the JNBC regiment as with all things it may have changed in the last few years or certian units sops will want you to wear it on your belt kit, however you can get a lot more useful stuff on your webbing if you wear your resi pouch seperate.

Craphatpatrol.jpg

Patrolorderrear.jpg

I've got an ops vest on so its something i *have* to do however i wore my ressie seperatley with my plce once i was off the recruit course.

Edited by Gadge

Don't have a strap for it, I think its the absolute first bit of load bearing equipment I bought and I was just using it as a dump pouch.

For those who were wondering about it I've got the stuff identified as an '81 respirator haversack, '85 LH double ammo pouch, '91 LH/RH double ammo pouch and a possibly '81 utility pouch.

Gonna sell it all and buy a newer matching set methinks, the '91 ammo pouch is miles better than the '85 one.

And cheers for the comments folks.

One of the pouches you have is a "trials version" - the one with the press studs, rather than the "spanish fly" fastener. The NBC pouch is a 58 one and hence doesn't have the strap for fastening it over the shoulder/round the waist.

As for webbing pouches....

http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/stock.php?page=webbing

Ebay is probably still your best bet.

eBay's looking best for the genuine stuff, it's crammed with Web-Tex stuff to sort through though.

I read a while ago about Web-Tex stuff being utter toss, but have also read things saying newer stuff is better, and it's also working out at 12 quid a pouch new compared to £20 for genuine stuff.

Thoughts?

As a few of us have said before, the best dump pouch you can use is the 'brecon pocket' and its *free*.

Sort your webbing out so the belt is tight enough then dump spare mags down the front of your smock!

Its the UK squaddie way.

As a few of us have said before, the best dump pouch you can use is the 'brecon pocket' and its *free*.

Sort your webbing out so the belt is tight enough then dump spare mags down the front of your smock!

Its the UK squaddie way.

That's what I do now. I used to use a ressie pouch, but it was a hassle. And like you said, its free.

I actually find the issue assult vests 'dump pockets' harder to get to easily and quickly than the pockets I mentioned. Saves room for maps and other bits aswell.

I use both belt order and an assault vest dependant on whether I'm going to be mainly patrolling and sitting on stag or spending most of my time in vehicles or FIBUA.

Either way, both the vest and pockets can be used.

In basic training they made us put out resi on the webbing, first thing the guys at my unit said to do was take it off.

I made a drop leg adapter for mine to hang from the PLCE stuff and glued some spare clips to the bottom of my chest rig to hold it when I was wearing that.

I wouldn't use the pockets in the 95 jacket to hold mags, the pocket should be full of other stuff anyway and I wouldn't want to risk loosing that stuff.

Brecon pocket is fine until you dive prone with 10 empty mags in your jacket. Ouch.

I was LSW gunner most of the time and I used to just hand them off to a bloke who would bomb them up for me.

My favourite thing about people trying to look like an "authentic" British squaddie is that most British squaddies don't look like a Brittish squaddie.

We all droog around in kit nicked off the septics and anyone else who isn't looking, wearing worn out kit and personally bought civvy stuff.

My unit let me use stuff I had bought for airsoft like knee pads and a surefire on a barrel mount when we were doing FISH but the boss *beep* his pants when I tried to tell him that letting me put my EOtech on a star mount on my rifle was a good idea.

The last time I went anywhere with the army I had on my own cold weather kit, stolen boots and a p helmet three sizes too big with my deputy dawg hat on underneath.

If I put a pic up of me dressed like that a load of people would tell me I looked wrong.

Awesome.

One of my favourite phrases, just below 'hurry up and wait' is to do with 'not-allowed-boots' ...

EDIT: DazJW - I don't know how you'll find the vest but the buckles on the mag pouches do my nut in so I'd suggest attaching some velcro where the cover and the pouch meet.

Edited by ColDaz

Mine was 'get on the bus - get off the bus...'

Most my exercise kit was privately bought. SAS smock, tropical trousers, various bits of private purchase webbing, barbour gloves or pilots gloves , loads of it to be honest.

My mate Jay did his last tour of bos wearing a czech sepcail forces vest til he got caught weairng it.

I agree that a lot of genuine squadies dont look liek the archeotype but its all about creating 'classic' looks isnt it?