DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

Well sort of....

SPLAV kit isnt general issue kit its private purchase extensivley used by those that can afford it or need it.

SPLAV make stuff in US woodland and 6 colour choc chip desert too.

Splav kit is bloody good though, i have over nine russian uniforms and the build quality ranges from appaling (cold war/afghanistan) to reasonable (issue army flora and MVD summer tiger) to better than current UK kit (splav BEKAS)

Edit: and yeah i guessed the castro tastic beard wasnt a real one lol

Edited by Gadge
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

does any one know how I can get my hoversack (resp pouch) to hand down below my plce kit?

it's on my plce at moment and I use it for storage as its handy but thought I might try moving it to the below set up and have some more pouches of better use on my belt

webbing.3.jpg

Like that?

Cheers.

Edited by Subb0
You're the only guy in that picture who hasn't really over-loaded himself. What is your kit there though?

Sorry about your gunner mate.

(Also, post above me is 666 hahaha, \m/ )

they're not over loaded really, they just take what they think they will need. A lot of my mates load up on smoke grenades and phos, but im not a fan of either so i just carry mags and my radio mainly. When you ask what im wearing, what part of my kit are you referencing?

Darkchild

I tried that but it just didn't seem that good really plus it didn't hug my body so it flopped about a little too much I not sure if there is a leg tab I'll have a look on on of them (I got 3) so just strap then then secure with leg strap (should stop it flopping around like a wet fish) Thanks I'll check it as soon as I get my kit moved in (changed house thanks again)

The other option is on the strap round your waist as a belt.

As said it shoudlnt be attached to your webbing as it needs to be with you at all times.

I.e. you get casualty evacuated its possible you'l have your webbing or armour left behnd but your ressie *must* stay with you, webbing should be within a short bound away at all times but your ressie needs to be on in nine seconds , tricky to do if its attached to your plce in the back of a landrover while you're havinga brew and the gas alert goes up.

Thats the theory anyway and the reason it has its own strap.

I tend to mount my resi pouch much in the same way as the bloke in the picture, Its not hard to secure. I know Gadge will have a fit at how i do it but at least its not attached to the webbing. i have my PLCE on the loosen the strap on the resi pouch feed it between the mag pouch and the utility pouch on what ever side i decide to mount it. Wrap it around above my hip and pouches the round and down the front then tighten it up so it rides below the mag pouch as in the picture you posted. heres a few pics of hos i do it sorry if the angles are bad (Dads a bad photographer my sisters better) and ignore the green PLCE its an old set u use for a different load out. and i'm only in uniform because i've not long gotten back from the cadet unit. so ignore all that except how its mounted lol.

Hope this helps a little.

The strap near fully extended so i can feed it and wrap it around my body

HPIM0148.jpg

pulling/feeding the strap between the ammo pouch and utility pouch (sorry pics ain't to great but i'm sure u get the gist)

HPIM0149.jpg

HPIM0153.jpg

Feeding the strap around just above the pouches and around my waist.

HPIM0150.jpg

HPIM0154.jpg

and finally clipping it up tightening and stowing the excess strap away.

HPIM0151.jpg

HPIM0155.jpg

HPIM0152.jpg

Theres a lace on the bottem that i normally tie up to stop the pouch flapping about but forgot to for the pitures. u can see the loop for the lace in some of the pics,

hope this helped a little. And Gadge sorry if my kits all minced up most of its last second trying to get the pics done lol.

Grim

Edited by Grim

Mate its your kit, i'm not the webbing police :)

Thats how i'd have done it to be honest if it wasnt over my shoulder , you can still easily unclip that and rmeove your webbing if you need to.

Looks like a sound solution to me, nicely rolled straps as well btw :)

Its having it clipped into the plce belt thats bonkers IMO.

Oh and 'G10 for men... :) '

I've still got mine and its stil going strong after ten years of abuse, best watch i ever had and didnt have to buy :).

Edited by Gadge

Well its the only PLCE i have besides my issue that never leaves the barracks (Except official TA business). Also its rigged for a different loadout *multicam* so had to remove a few items. i figured you may of clipped the resi pouch like so 1st then put your webbing on. that way theres no need to remove the pouch at all even when u take your webbing off to breathe a little.

Grim

I was like that with our old Colour. But he left and new replacement can be right tw#t although hes slowly lightning up. He came from outside of liverpool so i think he is just getting used to our company.

The old Colour gave me those spiffy Duke of Lancaster's Sergeant stripe's for using at the cadets. And gave me and Ranger the blanc slides, glider badges and flashes for use in the TA when the rest of the recruits had no patches or slides. Shame he retired. Oh well sure the new colour will come around to actually loosening up.

I am the cadet units quartermaster (most of the kit is dated so when ever i can i try to snatch up some good gear for the kids) But yeah i have enough kit to near equip a platoon myself. just lacking PLCE DPM webbing due to selling my 1st set when i became addicted to battle vests. Any ways guys on with the show lets see our good ole DPM.

Grim

Get in with your Colour/Staff, he'll probably let you keep kit at home then :)

In my final few months as TA as i was instructing ACF i got to keep nealry everything at home but to be honest by then i'd aquired enough to equip a platoon.

Previously we could keep kit at home or in the locker room. However, we've just had a new system set up whereby we keep all our kit in a locked store, and have to sign it in or out. It enables the SQMS to make sure we have everything we need, and if we need to take stuff home to clean, adjust, or pack, we just need to collect it ahead of time. It makes sense, but it's annoying that I can't now borrow off my issued kit when I need to. However, that will soon be no problem, as I am about to complete my spare set of issued items. I hate my gear bill :(

Cheers mate, I managed to get the SAAV off a mate who really didn't like it. I just took my time setting it up and then found out what it was. I was really happy that he gave it to me for nothing in the end.

The paint job on the gun can be seen to better effect in the painted guns and armalite threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of stuff 'right' but a few things stand out.

Personal cam is appaling, that much wil shine worse then your skin oils. a light base and few finger streaks are all you need, you dont need to look like a martian. As the guys said, dont forget the back of the neck, the hands and forearms where smock will ride up.

And firing stance, what your doing is called 'chicken winging' tuck your elbow in and down, less of target to shoot back at then.