DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

British soldiers dont have long hair so doesn't work. just look at a picture and try to make your kit like that (mod has some)

no real need for camo paint in airsoft Io find but it is preference. Your load out will be fine It depends how into it you want to get really.

just popping in to say how great it feels to have so many UK'ers wearing DPM in airsoft. It makes me proud to live here! :D

My very own DPM kit is in the works, goes something like this so far -

Soldier 95 shirt and trousers

Boots

pre - loaded webbing kit

soldier 95 ripstop jacket (is this correct as the standard issue jacket? As in as a standard DPM loadout, would you wear this?)

helmet (considering getting a boonie instead, as a helmet would look stupid with long hair!)

camo stick (can't get by without this! :P )

anyone got anything that i should add? Im going for a pretty much standard look, if that makes sense.

thankyou all, and keep up the DPM! ;)

A shemagh always makes you look the part a bit more (when worn properly).

Everything else sounds fine, however its not so much what you have as how you wear it.

As for long hair tie it up tight or plait it, in my pics on this thread one some of them i have chin lenght hair, its just undercut and scraped up in a ponytail under my beret or cap.

thankyou for the replies. How IS the proper way to wear a shemagh? I also think it adds to the look.

as for long hair, when i say long, it's a little under down to the base of my neck. Its not down to my back kind of length. It would be only just long enough to put in a pony tail, put it that way. Tucking it up out the way is most probably do-able. I'ts not that much of a deal, is it? :huh:

i could cut it i guess, but i look even more of a twit without long hair than i do with :P

thankyou again for all the replies, they're really helpfull.

Yes, i know how to iron to a degree. But hey, practice makes perfect! :D

so far i'm looking at the STAR alot, it's just so damn expensive!

i'm quite determined to get the overall image right (plus or minus the gun, i dont know) because in my opinion, a properly clothed British squaddie look looks stunning on the battlefield.

Also, forgive my ignorance and general lack of knowledge, but what other guns really "fit" in a British loadout? Obviously there's the SA80 series, and the MP5's? I'm just wondering what others fit.

Thankyou for your time.

i suppose an M4 and maybe dress it up like the Canadian C8 Diemaco i have seen 23SAS totting around with those. an M249 Mk1 MINIMI will fit the bill. the L86 (LSW). the L96 Sniper rifle. Besides that i have not seen a standard inantry squadie with anything else weapon wise. I do love my STAR L85A2 Carbine though i do need a new hup up for it.

Grim

Tannie might want to watch out putting your eye that close to the iron sighs and you still hoist your mp5 up your shoulder (to be fair the guy in front is doing a bad job too so it doesn't really matter too much) small thing it can be a good idea to tuck the laces of your boots into a part of the lace lower down as it won't get caught on branches etc. but its up to you i'm not sure how many units do this as I never pay attention really I just do it..

Random guy: get a friend to check your webbing once it is on tighten it all up and if your feeling lucky put a bungee through it to keep it tight

Looking much better tannie but that second pic speaks a thousand words about PERSONAL CAM. you all look pretty tidy but i'd spot you hundreds of yards away with those bright pink faces.

Honeslty even a just a light base coats will make you so much harder to spot.

(oh and that mp5 still keeps trying to escape your shoulder!)

Over all looking good, alwasy check your pouches are closed down though.