DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

mk6, :(

Still looks pretty nice though, elastic seems like a good substitue for the edge, looks good and tight, although not sure it would be as hard wearing? doubt its much of an issue.

Ive seen a few blokes sort theirs with just sniper tape around the edge, which doesnt look as good or is as versitile/useful, but for a concealment point of view its slightly better.

The green tape on the both desert and woodland covers seems to be getting more and more popular. Sneakily I noticed a roll in a draw at the base tonight, so I think I'll be nicking a length for my Mk6. Currently I have dulled leccy tape and no NBC strap :(

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whats whith jacking other peoples pics? and pasting yourself into them? lol quite funny

Lol ahh the dreaded cadet brassard. It makes wearing the uniform just that little bit less special lol. Glad i never had to wear mine on the out side like that when i was a sprog.

My osprey and pouches should be here soon and i picked up a brand new 3 litre desert dpm camelbak for £30 and some desert DPM knee pads to replace the Tri des kneepads today. Also a single NBC boot to cut up and put around the rim of my Mk6 in the TA like Ubar mentioned.

Grim

Edited by Grim
My osprey and pouches should be here soon and i picked up a brand new 3 litre desert dpm camelbak for £30 and some desert DPM knee pads to replace the Tri des kneepads today. Also a single NBC boot to cut up and put around the rim of my Mk6 in the TA like Ubar mentioned.

Grim

same here...

• 2 weeks later...

L85 mate. Looks absolutly brilliant with a brit loadout for obvious reasons. If you cant get your hands on an L85 then the next best thing is an m4 or an m16, anything else just looks a bit daft imo, except maybe an AK with a desert loadout. But really the best weapon for a brit loadout is ofc the L85!

as much as i love snipers, i dont think i will ever be suited to the role. Well, not un-suitable, i just don't think i deserve to be one without the patience, time and skill it takes to become a good one. Obviously the most suitable option is the l85, and I must admit, I do love them. The main problem for me is price. from what i can tell, the best L85 to get is the STAR, but at a price of around 399 GBP, it's not exactly cheap. the FAL is a weapon I like a lot, and is affordable for me. However, this would mean going for a falklands loadout, with an older camo, meaning more expenditure. The M4 is that special forces look (correct me if wrong) which i must admit, i do like (too much ultimate force) But again, would this look silly with a standard squaddie loadout? is it worth going for an SAS smock? Going back to the m14, i was going to camo paint it, which i think i'm fooling myself will make it seem more suited to a brit loadout.

Could someone recommend me a good m4? And does anyone else have any comments?

Thanks a lot lads, this is definetely one of the most helpful and friendly communities that i have come across in a very long time!

The ICS L85 may well turn out to be cheaper and reliable although its hard to tell yet. The stars are good but yeah not cheap, i've spent a small fortune on mine.

The sas smock is a good buy even if you're not going for an sf loadout. you can kinda get away with a belt order although you really need a plce assault vest or an arktis. The uksf m4s are actually Diemaco SFWs (L119A1). I'd do it with a g&p RIS m4 as a base and add an army code L119 outer barrel kit, an acog and a butt-pad. That'll give a fair approximaton for you.

Im having difficulty seein the M14 working in a british loadout, certainly no authenticity too it. but equally i'd happily say do what works for you, is comfortable and practical.

Thanks a lot for the reply. i can see exactly where you're coming from mate, im extremely tempted to have a go at a DM role, with the m14. There's no authenticity to it at all, i can certainly see that. As for the SAS style loadout, i'd feel uncomfortable looking like a cocky git if you see what i mean.

The star is definetely still an option however, no doubt about that. Wolf armouries offers to downgrade the gun (because of it being above UK limits) would this muck up the internals in any way?

cheers for the replies gents!

Looks like a phase 1 training weekend in progress to me there, judging by the bergans and the number of folk in 'right' kit.

Its a long time ago but i dont remember the rifle having that much recoil at all, definatley not enough to give you a black eye with the eye cup still on.

Am i right in thinking that that pics from a TA weekend?

snap ambush by any chance?

Yeah TA training.

My eye is right up to it as I'm not shooting just scanning and they way I am on the bergen means it is more comforatble right up.

Also you can have your eye up to the gromit when firing , you just need a decent grip to take the recoil.

Edited by Kosac