DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a phase 1 training weekend in progress to me there, judging by the bergans and the number of folk in 'right' kit.

Its a long time ago but i dont remember the rifle having that much recoil at all, definatley not enough to give you a black eye with the eye cup still on.

Am i right in thinking that that pics from a TA weekend?

snap ambush by any chance?

And you'd have had a BFA fitted.

Yeah that pic screams recruit training from a distance !

:)

Yeah, your spot on, snap ambush before moving into harbour.

Also they renamed the BFA now, can't remember the new name everyone still calls it a BFA.

Nice see they do it exactly the same ten years on :)

But your instructor needs a slap :) thats a bloody stupid place for snap ambush, you should be at least a metre back in the undergrowth if not more.

Which training area was it out of interest, then i'll promise not to hijack the thread any further.

Swyerton, north Shropshire.

Our Plt Cmd *fruitcage*ed that one up, we had a good position but then there were too many of us and we had to extend down too far into this *beep* exposed position, was mainly a demo of moving into harbour than ambushes so it wern't essential.

Sorry for hijack.

obviously those will serve you right. but that will only be when trying Dutch DPM. almost same as the britisch DPM, but it does not look as brand new as the britisch have their colours. jus seems to fade a bit better into dry temperate woodland. but when rainy is does get heavy... HEAVY.

we dutchies had the FAL and now got a Diemaco, and now also the Minimi and the MAG. the MAG is being used by smaller groups, commando corps, marines and some groups of the armored infantry. but mostly minimi's.

hope to have helped you out there a wee bit :)

nope ain't ripstop ... sorry there. but then again. i have been using the same GVT ( dutch for BDU ) for over a year now and it has had some huge amounts of abuse ( taking cover in thorny bushes, vut up more of my arm then my GVT ) or sliding of 15 meter high hills and high speed.

trust me some original dutch DPM's can take a REAL whooping. here's me:

IMG_1057.jpg

btw the pic was not posed. my best friend craweld trough the bushes to take this picture...

everyhing you see me wearing is original dutch dpm. the vest is part of the new SMP ( soldier modernisation programme ) ( no, no typo ! ) and it's molle style. getting a hold of pouches for them is close to hell but i managed to get it done. the pants are way to tight and the jacket to small ( been doing some serious duby building since i bought it ) so it is not soposed to look this stupid. here's pic of how it SHOULD look.

dutchdpminaction.jpg

these men are from the 17th mechanised infantry, Royal Dutch Army. they are shown for illustration of dutch DPM, not to promote weaponry or any other paramilitary stuff. so mods don't remove 'm please :)

Alright, a quick shot from our BFG Highlanders project:

bfg_highlanders0001a1za.png

More pictures coming soon, when the hole load went through PS!

And Yes, we know tha the TOS from the left guy is very bulky and not shaped - it just arrived one day before the OP - we're going to deal with that problem! ;)

@ joeshred

yeah kinda looks like what dutch commandos wear, although the DPM you're wearing looks more british then dutch. also the vest seems US woodland to me, and our commando's wear CB or OD, not comouflage vests. but still some cool pics you got there :)

@ hite

when interested, PM. sizes of clothing are ridiculous ( to say the least, i wear combat trousers size 8090 ( !! ) ) so i can't figure out what you'll need. just tell me length and what kind of build you are. also price is cheap, to say the least. now getting the rest of tac. gear is horrorfying, but luckely most of our troops are free to choose their tac. gear.

@ kizuna

well ofc same goes for you :) like i said it's hard wearing, and i've been able to destroy more ribstop trousers in real-life wearing them then i've been able to destroy a GVT trouser when playing airsoft. and i play hard-core milsim, so i don't play cautious at all :)

to keep it going, here's moi again.

DSC00368.jpg

ok so this pic is of me ( right ) my mate Jirka "mini_me" (centre ) and someone we used to call a friend, who is not important anymore ;)

mini-me's wearing US woodland, i'm wearing the dutch DPM and the lefty is wearing Dutch jungle camo, also known al KL Jungle ( KL stands for koninklijke landmacht, royal army ) the latter is very rare to come by but looks and works awesome in every type of woodland here in central europe. DPM ofc does the same but looks a bit less cool...

Alright, a quick shot from our BFG Highlanders project:

bfg_highlanders0001a1za.png

More pictures coming soon, when the hole load went through PS!

And Yes, we know tha the TOS from the left guy is very bulky and not shaped - it just arrived one day before the OP - we're going to deal with that problem! ;)

Looking good bill,. look better with a bit of personal cam.

@ joeshred

yeah kinda looks like what dutch commandos wear, although the DPM you're wearing looks more british then dutch. also the vest seems US woodland to me, and our commando's wear CB or OD, not comouflage vests. but still some cool pics you got there :)

Yeah, i had to do with what i had Brit DPM. Euro gear is hard to comeby these neck of the woods. But Im glad you liked em.

Rather you than me airsofting in an NBC smock (nbc suits are universally hated in the british army and *never* worn without the trousers for ops, i have however worn mine on *incredibly* cold nights as they add an extra layer).

And i still dont understand why you guys black out your eyes, makes you look like sex offenders or readers wives, the only blacked out eyes pic i have is a joke and that was taken when i was serving and had a reason to not want my face in pics.

Honestly - censored faces does *not* make you look like a warry sas warrior, it makes you look like a helmet if the honest truth be told....

@ hite

when interested, PM. sizes of clothing are ridiculous ( to say the least, i wear combat trousers size 8090 ( !! ) ) so i can't figure out what you'll need. just tell me length and what kind of build you are. also price is cheap, to say the least. now getting the rest of tac. gear is horrorfying, but luckely most of our troops are free to choose their tac. gear.

8090 in trousers stands for the waist 80 to 90 cm.

In the jackets stands for example 9000 that would be your length 1.90 to 2.00 meters in height.

So split the numbers, and think logic :D

btw: It is possible to split the netherlands stuff from the rest? Cause of it's complexity? smile.gif

British DPM has little scattered dots all over in the print, the Dutch camo hasn't. Also are allmost all buttons on Dutch uniforms pushbuttons. That's the easiest way to recognize ;)